Speculation: Hypothetically , Hamilton or landeskog

Who would you rather sign as a free agent

• Total voters

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
EDIT ADDED NEITHER OPTION

Im just curious of what our fan base thinks

If we had the opportunity sign either player for the exact same contract 5 years 8.5M dollars per year, who would you rather sign ?

Forward , Gabriel landeskog
Or
Defenceman , Douggie Hamilton

this is a strictly a hypothetical scenario and contracts.

I’m just curious I would rather have a hyman replacement or more depth on defence. Feel free to explain your reasoning and choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 123offtheglass

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Would rather landeskog. But 8.5 x 5 is 42.5 million. Id look into trying to sign him for 50 million x 7. Would be just over 7 million per year. Hopefully his wife really wants to be close to home.

Reactions: Eric bungay

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Landy .. Brings a lot of elements needed from our top forwards and personally I think Hamilton's being overrated for what he brings.

Leafs defense isn't set, but it can be upgraded without Hamilton. Hamonic for example.

Landeskog has been called a team leader, wasn't he made captain at a young age?

That would be a wow factor.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Tough vote. Would prefer to add Landeskog out of the two options given. The blueliner might be the bigger need for the future though.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Voted Landeskog because he would have more impact given our roster, although I think Hamilton is the more deserving of that contract. (And at that price if it's a non hypothetical the answer is neither)

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Gabe 100%.

Would trade Marner for help on D.

Then trade Reilly for help anywhere you get it.

Hopefully you accumulate enough assets to get a legit #1 and #2 D.

Muzzin-Brodie would be a nice #2 pair.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I know both of them are asking for $9 million each so I just try to make the term and value close to what they were asking.

My vote goes with Landeskog. I think it would be an amazing fit with AM34

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
trade reilly and get hamilton ?
trade nylander and get landeskog ?

we dont have cap for either unless your replacing another big value contract

Reactions: ToneDog

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
I saw someone say in an interview that the Leafs are currently the early 90s Red Wings. Their solution to get over the hill was to acquire Shanahan (which was also a funny bit of irony).

It sounds to me Landeskog is that kind of player the Leafs need to get over the hump. If that's true, I can't really say because I don't know him well enough, then it's worth dropping an expensive contract to get him.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Ideally - none of them.

But you're asking hypothetically so I'd take Hamilton - plays a more premium position.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
If we traded kerfoot and mikheyev or engvall. It would give us 4.625-5.145 Million more cap.

Singing one at 8.5 would leave the leafs with close to 5.7m to fix 4 holes
2 forwards 1 D man and a back up goalie

Add the end of the day is just hypothetical trying to see what the leaf fan base values more

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I'd prefer Landy for his physicality and leadership. I think Landy will also be cheaper than Hamilton. Finally, I think Landy would be more eager to sign here than Dougie, despite the fact that Dougie was born here. The pressure of this market might be a problem for Hamilton, whereas I think Landy has the attitude to thrive here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad