[Hypothetical] Phil Kessel unwilling to re-sign

BayStreetBullies*

Don't worry. The worst that could happen is that Phil strings us along a little then says he doesn't want to be a rental while eventually signing with another team: half way through next year.

Neither you nor the city of Cleveland knows how to get over someone leaving them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I am one of the people who said it wouldn't be the end of the world all the chicken littles think it would if Phil and Dion don't re-sign , Dion is slower and lazier every year , anybody who has watched pre-season couldn't possibly miss the way the wingers just walked around him , Phil is a great player but if he goes we dump Bozo and between the three your looking at somewhere around 18 to 20 mil in potential savings , we replace Dion's minutes from within , name "The Luper " Captain and spend the money on 2 top guns including a bonafide 1C who combined would produce more than Phil and Bozo combined , that makes us a better team then we are now .

Where's this bonafide #1 centre tree you're going to pick this guy off of?

I don't think you could be any more unrealistic.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If Kessel and Phaneuf leave without similar level replacements I think it's safe to say we're in rebuild mode again.

Granted, with some young promising players. But still...rebuild mode.

If just Kessel leaves then we'll be rebuilding our offense really, since it's pretty much centered around him at this point.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
If we lose Kessel the only guy who could even reasonably replace his top line minutes would be Vanek but that is still a slight downgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad