Injury Report: Hyman out for at least 6 months with a torn ACL

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ouch. That's a tough injury.

In that timeline, he's likely to miss training camp at the very least but also the start of the season

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I’ll never understand why a player with one good leg are playing over players with two.

Petan could have been more effective than Hyman in 6 and 7

I agree to an extent. After game 1, I was suggesting that Rosen should have been playing over Gardiner for similar reasons.

That said, would you say Hyman was our worst forward, even in games 6 or 7? Probably not...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’ll never understand why a player with one good leg are playing over players with two.

Petan could have been more effective than Hyman in 6 and 7

Yeah it makes no sense. I love Hyman, think he's a warrior and he's totally changed my opinion of him but does Babcock really not trust anyone else at all to kill penalties?

Who knows if the reason the Leafs didn't have any pressure on the PK was because Hyman was playing with one leg. Is he seriously telling us that he couldn't put Tavares out there for 2 mins more per game?

All this just makes Babcock look even worse.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
I agree to an extent. After game 1, I was suggesting that Rosen should have been playing over Gardiner for similar reasons.

That said, would you say Hyman was our worst forward, even in games 6 or 7? Probably not...
Hyman was really solid until Games 6 and 7. Regardless, he played 16+ & 18+ respectively. That needs to change.

Reactions: Zach X 23 and LDN

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

A testament to why he's as effective as he is ... heart and determination.

There's an opening to start the season, which kid is going to grab it and prove themselves?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Unfortunate to be down an important player for the start of next season. Hopefully, it's a speedy recovery.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Props to Hyman for playing through that. That is really tough.
On the other hand, why was he still thrown on the top line in Games 6 and 7, when he was clearly injured and not himself? Trevor Moore who was a beast should have played up. Another Babcock gaff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad