Hyman appreciation thread, the guy is playing a foot taller of late

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Brandon Tanev just got 3.5 x 6 and Hyman is a better player who plays more minutes almost exclusively with star players. He'll probably get 5 AAV over 5 or 6 years.
I think the fact that he actually has businesses in Toronto due to being a Leafs will help lower his AVV. On top of that, Leafs might just give him a 8yrs deal with NTC to further lower his AVV.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think the fact that he actually has businesses in Toronto due to being a Leafs will help lower his AVV. On top of that, Leafs might just give him a 8yrs deal with NTC to further lower his AVV.

He also grew up filthy rich. I'd rather just bite the bullet on 5 years than go the full 8. Max term deals to UFAs make up the vast majority of bad contracts.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He also grew up filthy rich. I'd rather just bite the bullet on 5 years than go the full 8. Max term deals to UFAs make up the vast majority of bad contracts.
Just give him the 8yrs on lower AVV. We could always just send him to the island or something during his later years

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I've completely changed my tune on this guy. He's always been a solid player filling a much needed role on this team with some offense to boot. But coming into the year I wanted him to be the forward they traded to create cap room because inevitably somebody needs to go. But he's become too valuable to this team now; I no longer think he's just a product of his line mates. Personally, I'd move out Kappy or Johnsson before I traded him now. Which is saying a lot because I'm extremely high on Kappy.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
It is so nice to have someone that is so good at setting up or scoring those empty netters. It sucks so much when the other team scores with their goalie pulled. I remember not too long ago when we couldn't ever score on the empty net but now it's so easy thanks to Hyman.

Just look back at game 7 in 2013 playoffs against the Bruins when we were up 4-2 with 2 minutes left and they pulled their goalie and scored 2 goals to tie it, I wish we had Hyman back then. Please don't get injured Hyman, we always suck when you are injured.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Love to keep him but if he wants more than 3.5m Kerfoot and Mikheyev can replace him on the wing.

Mikheyev Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Johnsson Engvall Kapanen

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I remember being uneasy about the cap hit on his current contract when he signed it... Safe to say that is no longer the case :DD

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

• Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $210.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2