Post-Game Talk: Hutch Clutch as "Marlies" Disrespect Habs 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Oh for f***s sake why is Marincin still in this organization. He runs any pair he is on.

A clue less player with zero puck skills and as soft as they come. He is only decent at defending zine entries and using his stick to disrupt rushes. However he is probably worse than Harpur with the puck on his stick and cant skate well either. He should only crack the team if sandin/Lilijgren/harpur/schmaltz/Gravel are all simultaneously injured. He is a player a team looking to talk deploys on their roster not a team with Stanley cup expectations .

Really hope Babcock doesnt play him much this year. If he somehow cracks the team then let him only stay until dermott is healthy and shoot him into the sun

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Petan has some skill for sure! Korshkov looks like he could become something for sure!

Reactions: Ciao

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I've said it before...but Gravel by far has been the most solid Defenseman tonight (which is crazy because I paid no attention to him coming into camp)

Honestly..considerin everyone is practically playing for thr 6th Dman role...Gravel might make the most sense anyway.
I really liked his push back last game when Barrie got kneed.

horner

May 22, 2007
Petan has some skill for sure! Korshkov looks like he could become something for sure!
Korshkov the more he gets comfortable with the north american ice language ect. He is going to be a beast .
He needs to work on his first step and conditioning.
He and Bracco will be the first call-ups when a player is hurt.
Korshkov will be in the lineup next yr.

Reactions: LDN

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Oh for ****s sake why is Marincin still in this organization. He runs any pair he is on.

A clue less player with zero puck skills and as soft as they come. He is only decent at defending zine entries and using his stick to disrupt rushes. However he is probably worse than Harpur with the puck on his stick and cant skate well either. He should only crack the team if sandin/Lilijgren/harpur/schmaltz/Gravel are all simultaneously injured. He is a player a team looking to talk deploys on their roster not a team with Stanley cup expectations .

Really hope Babcock doesnt play him much this year. If he somehow cracks the team then let him only stay until dermott is healthy and shoot him into the sun

I miss the days when people called it "entering the zone with a magazine".

;)

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I'm no Babcock. But I woulda left a forward and d spot open on Wednesday roster.... as a reward for solid play.

Timashov and Marincin shoulda been in this game for that reason.

Timashov / Petan might be a case where both have to clear waivers and if you're going to try and invest in one, which do you choose? They may be siding with Timmy even though Petan may be the better player right now.

Marincin shouldn't be playing here...

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by last night's lineup. Lots of good individual efforts but they also looked surprisingly tight as a team. Seems like a lot of them could easily slot into the team. Sadly, it also shows how small the difference is between being an NHLer and not quite being there. Must be a bitter pill to swallow.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by last night's lineup. Lots of good individual efforts but they also looked surprisingly tight as a team. Seems like a lot of them could easily slot into the team. Sadly, it also shows how small the difference is between being an NHLer and not quite being there. Must be a bitter pill to swallow.

It’s all about opportunity, for sure.

Reactions: HR Pickens

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Timashov / Petan might be a case where both have to clear waivers and if you're going to try and invest in one, which do you choose? They may be siding with Timmy even though Petan may be the better player right now.
In my roster, both have a spot in our top 12. I don't understand how Spezza is all but guaranteed a spot. The last few years he's produced like a fourth liner at even strength, he doesn't drive play, his PP production has been bad, he doesn't play on the PK. Literally the only thing about his game that is still good are the faceoffs. It's just name recognition.

I'd say that all of Moore, Timashov, Petan, Shore, and Agostino are better options.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yeah, there's a lot of good AHLers that just miss out on being NHL players because there's someone a bit better at every role. But I also think that a team like what we had last night would be hard pressed to win that game if it was the regular season, and even less likely in the playoffs. Their advantage is adherence to structure and work rate. As the games start to mean more, that advantage starts to disappear.

Reactions: HR Pickens

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
In my roster, both have a spot in our top 12. I don't understand how Spezza is all but guaranteed a spot. The last few years he's produced like a fourth liner at even strength, he doesn't drive play, his PP production has been bad, he doesn't play on the PK. Literally the only thing about his game that is still good are the faceoffs. It's just name recognition.

I'd say that all of Moore, Timashov, Petan, Shore, and Agostino are better options.

I thought Spezza has looked good, TBH. He does all the little things right. For a player that will get 8-10 min a night, it won’t be an issue.

Reactions: qqaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad