Post-Game Talk: Hutch Clutch as "Marlies" Disrespect Habs 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I assume this might be the last audition for a lot of players. I'm going to guess we'll see a bunch of cuts after tonights game, or maybe Wednesday, so that they can ice closer to what they want for the season in the last 2-3 games.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I assume this might be the last audition for a lot of players. I'm going to guess we'll see a bunch of cuts after tonights game, or maybe Wednesday, so that they can ice closer to what they want for the season in the last 2-3 games.

Don't they usually do a roster trimming at the midpoint?

I mean there are some fairly obvious roster cuts (Brooks, Clune, Marchment Engvall, etc.).

Let's get this trimmed down, so the actual roster players can start playing together and hit the ground running.

Edit: Looks like I was a few minutes premature (story of my life). I see the roster is posted and includes all the bubble players

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

I mean there are some fairly obvious roster cuts (Brooks, Clune, Marchment Engvall, etc.).

Let's get this trimmed down, so the actual roster players can start playing together and hit the ground running.
The main group will likely play tomorrow, and one of the two Detroit games. Most of our main guys will end up playing 4 games. More than enough considering most teams have two fewer preseason games than us.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is the fringe game :laugh:

Interesting that Sandin isn’t in this one. That’s a good sign

Edit: Looks like I was a few minutes premature (story of my life). I see the roster is posted and includes all the bubble players

Yeah this is definitely the last pre-season game for many of these players.

This is time for Shore to stand out I guess.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
This is the fringe game :laugh:

Interesting that Sandin isn’t in this one. That’s a good sign

That's a pretty awful roster, even by pre-season standards. I'm guessing this is the end for about everyone who's playing tonight. Not one of them likely makes the NHL roster outside of one the goalies.

Reactions: supermann_98

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm a little surprised Agostino is on the Marlies roster. I thought he was a front runner to make the Leafs

They need some veterans in there.

So no Marchment eh?
Pulling for Agostino now

Yeah I'm not sure why either but it might just be a vetaran/rookie ratio thing. Marchment is 99% cut anyway. Maybe he'll be among the group Wednesday to see how he does there.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
That's a pretty awful roster, even by pre-season standards. I'm guessing this is the end for about everyone who's playing tonight. Not one of them likely makes the NHL roster outside of one the goalies.

I still think there's a chance one of Schmaltz or Liljegren could perhaps start with the Leafs. But overall I agree. Not many guys with a real shot here.

Reactions: supermann_98

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I still think there's a chance one of Schmaltz or Liljegren could perhaps start with the Leafs. But overall I agree. Not many guys with a real shot here.
Schmaltz may have a shot a the extra D spot. Liljegren has been meh this pre-season, I cant see him making the cut, unfortunately. He just needs more AHL time, nothing wrong with that. We knew he was a project when drafted.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Depth game....

This is a game with guys battling it out for the last spot on the fourth line, the third pairing on D (or seventh man), and to be the backup goalie.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan and Ciao
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad