HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Was up 3-0 within the first two minutes. Guy was so bad I thought he was going to quit. For the rest of the game my team missed every shot and he could score from his own zone. Lost 6-3. Games broken

Eh, I dunno, I think Ice tilt is a thing but I’d still take NHL 19 over 18 all day. I, having a lot more fun this year than last.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
How do you do re-rolls if you don't have the players to do it though? All I'm getting are 70 players.

Re roll those 70 to gold commons. Eventually you’ll have enough for a Gold Rare.

I need to stop re rolling gold rares into gold rares. 2 80s into an 80 isn’t smart, I should start putting them towards gold collectibles.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Re roll those 70 to gold commons. Eventually you’ll have enough for a Gold Rare.

I need to stop re rolling gold rares into gold rares. 2 80s into an 80 isn’t smart, I should start putting them towards gold collectibles.

Yeah with Gold Rares on PS4 going for no less than 4k, and Gold Collectables going for around 25k, it's better to use your assets to get gold collectables than try and rely on the randomness of Gold Re-rolls.

It's a gamble. I went from 81 -Backes and 80 -Boyle that I turned into an 83- Monohan. Didn't really like Monohan and combined him with my 83 - Carney. End result, an 81- Perron.

Gold rares into gold collectables seems to be the way to go.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

I had the same idea. I thought had a revelation and thought I was so smart buying silver rares for 300 coins so I could put them in a sets and eventually create gold collectible sets. Thought it'd be a massive ROI. Except my math was entirely wrong. I thought 300x5x5 (7500 coins) would get me a gold collectible but I forgot to multiply by another 5 (37,500) for the gold rares->gold collectible set. So... yeah minor miscalculation on my part. Duh. Didn't spend a ton of coins before I realized my mistake thank god

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Bought a Patrick Kane for 38k this morning. Usually goes for 45-50k, so happy with the mini snipe.

Also if I finish daily challenges, I’ll have Ferraro. I’ll give a review when I get a chance

Last edited:

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Pulled an alumni Kurri out of the player’s choice pack. Not sure whether to keep or sell. He’s the only player I have 85+. I had him in NHL 15 and he was great.

Also pulled Pastrnak and Weber, I love the idea of the players choice pack

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Pulled an alumni Kurri out of the player’s choice pack. Not sure whether to keep or sell. He’s the only player I have 85+. I had him in NHL 15 and he was great.

Also pulled Pastrnak and Weber, I love the idea of the players choice pack

It's nice when you get good options. Tough decision for Kurri.. is he selling for 60-70? You could get a few 84/85 players with that

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
It's nice when you get good options. Tough decision for Kurri.. is he selling for 60-70? You could get a few 84/85 players with that
Yeah he’s going for ~80 right now. I also looked into upgrading him but it costs 2 carbons to upgrade him by 1 overall, which is just insane

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Sadly, im gone for the weekend so I’ll just miss out on Ferraro (3 collectors away)...

So frustrating.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sadly, im gone for the weekend so I’ll just miss out on Ferraro (3 collectors away)...

That sucks! I might come up one short unless i start setting my alarm.

So frustrating.
Legend pack is out. Guaranteed legend for 500,000 or 10,000 points. Definitely pay to win to some extent. So hard not to cop tho

Geez.. how much is it for 10,000 points? That’s crazy.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Ray Ferraro, just some observations.

Holy f*** is he fast. Easily the fastest player in the game. Just controls so fluidly, especially on offence. I have him with Hall and Kane for a speed demon line. He’s a bit small at 5’10, but that’s alright. Has three synergies, but I have none of them activated.

Overall, big fan of the monthly rewards. It wasn’t hard to accomplish and I had a day or two to spare. I’d Usually grab 2-3 on a given day, log on once before work, after work and try to do the daily challenges.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Overall, big fan of the monthly rewards. It wasn’t hard to accomplish and I had a day or two to spare. I’d Usually grab 2-3 on a given day, log on once before work, after work and try to do the daily challenges.

Overall it's great but I think EA did a poor job of explaining how it actually works. They already offered one bonus card and I hope they offer "at least" one more tomorrow because a lot of people are going to come up just short.

$100 is insane for a pack. Even if it’s a legend, you still get a chance to get ****** and get the worst legend card. Knowing me I’d get that worst card.

No thanks. That’s actually ridiculous. HUTs become so bad imo.

It's always been pay to play. I know it's ridiculous but the prices will come down soon. If you want to compete day 1, then you have to pay. Otherwise you grind and lose to less skilled players. I hope you guys sold all your 85-87 players, prices will be tanking after the weekend.

Reactions: mantha39

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland

So frustrating.
If you feel like trusting a stranger from the internet and you play on ps4, pm me your ps4 login info and can grab him for you.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Having a lot of fun with the Alumni/Legends in the game right now. And all the coins for offline challenges. Did a gold reroll this morning and got Morenz and flipped Gilmour for Conacher since I don't find BU necessary.

Need to finish the stars, goals and shots challenges and I'll be happy with.

Conacher - Morenz - Gartner
Bucyk - Gretzky - Ferraro
Lafleur - Kopitar - Geoffrion
Probert - Walker - Domi

Danyeko - MacInnis
Salming - Park
Gostisbehere - Numminen

Hextall
Bower

Activating, PP, NP, BE, DW and BR

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Having a lot of fun with the Alumni/Legends in the game right now. And all the coins for offline challenges. Did a gold reroll this morning and got Morenz and flipped Gilmour for Conacher since I don't find BU necessary.

Need to finish the stars, goals and shots challenges and I'll be happy with.

Conacher - Morenz - Gartner
Bucyk - Gretzky - Ferraro
Lafleur - Kopitar - Geoffrion
Probert - Walker - Domi

Danyeko - MacInnis
Salming - Park
Gostisbehere - Numminen

Hextall
Bower

Activating, PP, NP, BE, DW and BR

Such a wicked looking team! I want to get a Morenz sometime, he looks insane although his face off is just 69.

Right now, after buying Kane, I’m at 96k coins. I’m hoping I can get a Karlsson because I’d like to bump my rookie McCoy out.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I hate how they disperse legends in this game. I've had two 10 game loans of Joe Nieuwendyk and he is an absolute monster... would love to get him but he's not even available on the market or in packs as far as I can tell

Current team:

Kucherov (85) - Lafontaine (86) - Lafleur (85)
Hull (88) - Gretzky (85) - Nieuwendyk (90 loan, to be replaced by TOTW Marchessault)
Forsberg (83) - Eichel (83) - Barzal (83)
Rantanen (83) - Barkov (83) - Point (82)

Park (86) - Burns (84)
Daneyko (82) - Jones (83)
Chabot (80) - Ekblad (83)

Hrudey/Dubnyk (82)

Also have Tavares but I'm selling him. Need to splash on a goalie soon.....
Also pissed that my power was out for over 48 hours so I wasn't able to get the Ferraro card :ha:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Such a wicked looking team! I want to get a Morenz sometime, he looks insane although his face off is just 69.

Right now, after buying Kane, I’m at 96k coins. I’m hoping I can get a Karlsson because I’d like to bump my rookie McCoy out.

I'm enjoying it, I'm bad at the game but I'm still enjoying myself for now. Those progression challenges are a pain with all the online games you have to win. I might give up on actively going for them.

Only Morenz, Kopitar and Subban are from trade in.

Morenz has bad puck handling and can get absolutely rocked he's been very hit or miss so far. Can't complain because he managed to get my team OV to 90 so I have some more challenges to complete.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I'm enjoying it, I'm bad at the game but I'm still enjoying myself for now. Those progression challenges are a pain with all the online games you have to win. I might give up on actively going for them.

Only Morenz, Kopitar and Subban are from trade in.

Morenz has bad puck handling and can get absolutely rocked he's been very hit or miss so far. Can't complain because he managed to get my team OV to 90 so I have some more challenges to complete.

I feel you about playing online games. I get too anxious and nervous to play. It’s very weird.

Interesting to hear about Morenz and a bit disappointing.

I’m hoping EA releases some challenges soon. And hopefully no more breakaway or Power play goal ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad