HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I spend no money, other than the pre-order package (1 Gold pack per week). There’s no real point paying to gain a competitive advantage. Last year I didn’t spend a dime and had a better team than most of my opponents online (I had 99 Jagr, Pronger, Bure, and my whole team was 99s)

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Can I ask which return/loyalty bonus you got? Did you previously own NHL 16, 17 and/or 18? Are they installed on your hard drive still?

I own 16 an 17 (disc copies) and 18 (digital copy). All for PS4. Because my hard-drive is only so big, I deleted NHL 16 and 17 long ago. Do I need to re-install them? Or will EA know that my account has previously played 16/17/18?

You don't need to reinstall. As long as those games were used on your current profile, you're good to go.

Reactions: BruinDust

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Do you guys think prices on players goes up or down once game comes out for everyone?

Debating selling some guys today. I would think they go down due to more being available but I haven't played for a couple years.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Is what I'm experiencing normal?

So I haven't played HUT in 3 years and decided to play to start this year. I would consider myself a good player. Not great.

Anyway. I've started HUT 0-7. I cant score to save my life, can't even get good scoring chances. The other teams D takes away all opportunities. Meanwhile the entire game the other team is able to generate scoring chances and odd man rushes. Shots that I typically score on, are not going in. Not even close.

So i decide to play online VS. I go 3-0 and have no issues scoring goals or generating chances.

Wtf am I doing wrong in HUT? It makes no sense at all.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
Why is Mcdavid so f****** slow?Im talking about his 80 overall rookie card of course. I have no issues with Gretzky and Lafleur, theyre really fast but Mcdavid just takes forever to reach top speed..

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

So I haven't played HUT in 3 years and decided to play to start this year. I would consider myself a good player. Not great.

Anyway. I've started HUT 0-7. I cant score to save my life, can't even get good scoring chances. The other teams D takes away all opportunities. Meanwhile the entire game the other team is able to generate scoring chances and odd man rushes. Shots that I typically score on, are not going in. Not even close.

So i decide to play online VS. I go 3-0 and have no issues scoring goals or generating chances.

How good is your team? If you're going into games with your base team of AHLers and scrubs you're gonna have a bad time. If you team is decent then I'd work on offline challenges to get a feel for your team. Understand what each individual can/can't do and how to use them when the puck is on their stick. HUT's a weird animal, different than online vs.
Why is Mcdavid so f****** slow?Im talking about his 80 overall rookie card of course. I have no issues with Gretzky and Lafleur, theyre really fast but Mcdavid just takes forever to reach top speed..
meh, he's not supposed to be elite. He's just a rewards player, although I haven't really noticed him being that slow.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I was like wtf too, then I remembered basically everyone got that card and it's 8 ovr so whatever

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I have McDavid's regular card and the burner synergy activated and players are still catching up to him down the ice it's ridiculous. Meanwhile I have the call the shot synergy also activated and guys like Laine and Pastrnak can't hit the f***ing net. I had Ovechkin and he was the same thing.. I ended up selling him so I could pick up McDavid. Not too happy with HUT gameplay so far. I haven't noticed any difference with a team full of activated synergies vs. one with none. I can't score goals. There's no breakaways, shots get blocked so easily and when you do get a shot specifically with the one timer it goes wide.

Pretty frustrating so far. Making me consider selling the whole team and just stacking coins.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Shooting accuracies are down across the board I believe. Hence why a guy like Johnny Gaudreau is selling high on AH.

I’ve only done two games online (more of an offline player) and won and lost both games 4-1. I won my second one: I feel that cycling and one timers are the way to go this year. Short side sniping isn’t there I feel. Also, get used to greasy rebounds to go in, that seems to be a popular goal too.

Playing defence is tougher for me, I’ve been playing D since EASHL started in 09 and with the poke check nerf, it’s an adjustment but I like it. I still take some tripping penalties but I think this years meta will be checking.

I’ve only spent 10ish bucks on packs, so I’m trying hard to not spend money this year, but so far I have:

Hall-Gretzky-Laine
Benn-Messier-Stone
McDavid- Getzlaf, Hornqvist
Killorn-Jordan Staal- Tarasenko

Salming-Gord Murphy
Yandle-McAvoy Rookie
Sergachev-Severson

Vasilevskiy
Some Rare Common

I saved up for Hall, got him at 47k. So damn fast. Everyone else was pre order (like rookie McDavid, Senko, Gretzky and Messier). Salming I got in a pack and I got Laine and Stone in the same pack from EA Access challenge.

I’d like to upgrade my RHD, looking to save for either Karlsson, Subban, Burns or Doughty

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
I got the legends edition that had the 5 gold packs included, but it seems I didn't get 5 gold packs? It seems I only got a bunch of the loyalty packs for playing NHL16/17/18, a legend loan pack and a consumable pack? Did I miss something? did I actually get them? or is it a weekly thing?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Loving the milestones/objectives stuff.
Agreed. Great addition.

Is there no rewards for completing collections now? Last time I played you got packs or coins for getting everything for a team but don't see anything about it.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I got the legends edition that had the 5 gold packs included, but it seems I didn't get 5 gold packs? It seems I only got a bunch of the loyalty packs for playing NHL16/17/18, a legend loan pack and a consumable pack? Did I miss something? did I actually get them? or is it a weekly thing?

You should get a Gold pack a week (usually Sunday night) until January/February

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
I haven't played hut in a few years. The 59 miners are just too quick now. Any tips? I'm getting 150/5 internet and feel like im on dial up compared to the other vultures.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I can't believe how brutal it is to make a bid on a player. You make a bid and someone outbids you the player just disappears. Scroll to unsuccessful bids still not there. Back out and come back and now it shows up as expired and someone outbids you. Just missed out on 3 Charlie Conacher's listed for 30K because if someone outbids you it's nearly impossible to get another bid in.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I can't believe how brutal it is to make a bid on a player. You make a bid and someone outbids you the player just disappears. Scroll to unsuccessful bids still not there. Back out and come back and now it shows up as expired and someone outbids you. Just missed out on 3 Charlie Conacher's listed for 30K because if someone outbids you it's nearly impossible to get another bid in.

We are screwed in Edmonton, or Alberta in general.

If you live closer to EA's servers geographically, you win the AH. Vancouver, Burnaby, California, etc.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Low level gold rare cards are super pricey this year since they’re tied to gold collectibles. I like that addition as an easy way to get gold collectibles. It will keep almost every NHL card valuable all year. Packs are too expensive though. Anyone remember back in the day when packs used to go “on sale” and you could get the best pack for like 2500 coins or something? Those weekends were the best. It’s pretty risky to open a gold plus pack as your odds aren’t great at breaking even much less profiting. I do like the addition of the pack odds though I wish they were more specific. 83+ is a pretty big range. Works like odds on 83-85, 85-87 and then maybe 87+ since there are so few.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Once you bid you basically have to go back out then go back in over and over. Just painful.

Part of me says they've done this intentionally to deter people using the auction house and buying more packs. Because with the previous gen versions of HUT (13-15), the bidding process was seamless. Worked exactly as it should, bidding wars were actually kinda fun.

How someone on the development team thought making auction system change to what we have now boggles the mind. And it's been like this now for 4 years now. Just one more example of the incompetence of this development team.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
This game is infuriating- more so than previous iterations of the game. I starated out with a good record but I've lost all but one of my last 6 or so games. This year it seems like random bonces and other nonsense can screw you over bigtime. Garbage bounces off my D into my own net, my players getting lightly bumped and losing the puck while I absolutely line a guy up at the blue line and he slips right by me. Other puck-luck type things. It's been maddening. Not to mention I can't snipe for the life of me. Right into the goalie's chest every time, many times it doesn't even hit the net. So then my cross-crease passes get picked off every time, while their's go right through my defenders.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
I'm just a weak human, i promised myself to not touch the cancer known as HUT.

But it was the first gamemode i played, it's been fun so far (it always is in the beginning...) but I do have one problem tho. I'm still in quite beginning of the gamemode div 7. I think, so I'm still in the bronze divisions yet everyone else has stacked af teams.

Like everyone has a Gretzky, Gilmour, Hull etc. Wtf? How? I get that some of them probably are loan cards or at least the best version of them but still how the hell do some people have legends in all four lines when i'm still rocking with silver players in some of them?

Seriously how so many people have the time and/ or money to do this within the first week if the game. :eek::huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad