Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes to Match part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He should be upset at his own GM who couldn't get the job done on his own. Instead, he needed another team's GM to take care of it for him.

I don’t know how much of this if any is on Waddell. Turkey is a meddling owner and probably called all the shots, including all the hardline low ball manoeuvres.

Reactions: Habby Gilmore

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
As I just asked on the Trade board, does anyone know what happens if CAR defaults on the first bonus payment?

Aho would complain to the NHLPA and it would be taken to arbitration. If it's found Carolina is not meeting the terms of the contract or are acting in bad faith, the contract can be terminated, and they'd still owe Aho the money with interest. Who knows maybe he becomes a UFA at that stage? Which wouldn't help Montreal at all.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Either way, how can we not be ecstatic about Aho signing an OS us? Out of the 30 teams, Habs managed to get it offered and signed. I don't buy the tying up our hands strategy, nothing comes close to potentially acquiring Aho for this cheap on a fair for both sides value vs. Negatives of waiting for july 8th to make some trades or have maximum use of our cap. Agents around the league who have ufas interested with MB would likely be waiting for this thing to get resolved in 7 DAYS ONLY. If it was more then that theyd definitely continue to look elsewhere to avoid missing out. Besides were really not missing out on much.

If ufas wanted the term and money MB was offering, theyd wait.

Canes have talked big and talked loud, can they back up their talks is another thing.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Apparently Pierre LeBrun “guarantees” that Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon has given GM Don Waddell the green light to “do something crazy” down the road when some of Montreal’s RFAs hit the market.

May be BS as i cant find any tweet or anything of him saying this...if true im shaking in my boots lol

Reactions: Deebs

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Aho would complain to the NHLPA and it would be taken to arbitration. If it's found Carolina is not meeting the terms of the contract or are acting in bad faith, the contract can be terminated, and they'd still owe Aho the money with interest. Who knows maybe he becomes a UFA at that stage? Which wouldn't help Montreal at all.
I definitely see Canes doing that just to stick it to him and Habs. Just because of Dundon.. Doesnt look like a nice guy

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Apparently Pierre LeBrun “guarantees” that Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon has given GM Don Waddell the green light to “do something crazy” down the road when some of Montreal’s RFAs hit the market.

May be BS as i cant find any tweet or anything of him saying this...if true im shaking in my boots lol

Canes can target our guys ok...

how many Habs will actually choose to go play in front of 8 -10l000 and sign a 5-8 yr deal to go there?
THAT'S A COLD HARD REALITY

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada

I saw the Pierre Lebrun tweet today at noon and he said he spoke with Dundon. Would be nuts if he deleted it.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

Let's just make sure we sign KK during the season then.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Les Habs et le dindon.
coyote_chasse_dindon_martin_belanger_20186026.jpg
LOL.

Perfect meme to really trigger Canes fans. That's why it can't leave the habs board :)

Reactions: ChikN

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Cool. Let that team that’s made the playoffs once in the past decade+ or whatever it was to give up four 1sts for Domi or Kotkaniemi lol.

Like any of our top RFAs would even WANT to sign a Carolina offer sheet anyways. :laugh:

Reactions: Redux91

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

This is some serious low level horse f***ery. If an organization comes out with a bad name out of this, it's gonna be 100% the Canes. Bunch of f***ing clowns!

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad