Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes to match Canadiens' offer sheet for Aho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Will never understand the reasoning behind this tbqh...at least make it something Carolina would have a hard time matching

What a mess.

Yup, they were always going to match.

If he's going to go the offersheet route, then at least go up the next tier.

2 1sts for Aho is perfectly fine.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Jul 6, 2016
Gonna wait the seven days to make it official so Bergy has his picks frozen lol

No, As soon as Canes sign the deal with Aho, Habs are free to shop elsewhere. Ad their owner said he would do it today !

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Only fefans thought it was a possibility. It fact, no one in the hockey business, journalists, other gms, insiders, knowledgables hockey fans, etc. thought MTL would win this with that absurd offer sheet.

It smelled like it was orchestrated. Smoke-screen.

Marc Bergevin has the best PR team in the universe.

Big time, I mean he almost had me and I'm a huge FireBergy fan.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Bergevin's press conference: "We tried and put a good offer. We really thought they wouldn't match. It's not a Playstation. Making trades is hard".

Argh... i'm just bitter.

Jul 6, 2016
How the **** can they act like it's a win and they are the one who did all kf this? What a bunch of laughable clowns.

And now MB, offer sheet Point or Marner. Do it.

Leafs and Bolts are way richer than Canes, and will equal any offer Habs would do, even the highest.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yep it’s time to go earn a living. Can’t sit here and try and enjoy being a fan of this once respected organization!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Gardiner incoming...

I hope he has something else up his sleeves cause i senses something else incoming:
source.gif

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
But they havne't officially matched it yet. Hopefully MB can entice them by sending them Kotkaniemi in exchange for a 2nd rounder and they don't match. And yes that's worth it.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Gardiner incoming...

Why go get Subban on his 3 year deal for two 2nds (which is basically Shaw and Byron) when you can get Jake Mr. Playoffs Gardiner for 7. It's not like PK was good in the playoffs and rose to the occasion in big games.

Oh wait.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
What would be hilarious is they said they’d intend to match but didn’t by the deadline to f*** with Bergevin haha

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Well that was not a shock and now everyone is laughing at it lol

I feel like this was all one big practical joke

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Now we'll see how Bergevin intends to replace Shaw's production and role on Domi's line. It will say a lot about his ability to follow several plots simultaneously. As of today, we're weaker then we were at the end of last season. Ferland?

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
easy come easy go...for now....

Aho July1st ,you'll never be forgotten.,.,never

Will leave a light on for ya,.

LOL

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
And if he didn’t put the offer sheet forward, 99% of posters here would have whined and cried about not being active on July 1st. I’ve been around here a long time, I know how this place works....

One notes the lack of proposed alternatives from the besserwissers who were so above it all.

wE LoSt OuT oN sIgNiNg lEe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad