Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes to match Canadiens' offer sheet for Aho

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Only fefans thought it was a possibility. It fact, no one in the hockey business, journalists, other gms, insiders, knowledgables hockey fans, etc. thought MTL would win this with that absurd offer sheet.

It smelled like it was orchestrated. Smoke-screen.

Marc Bergevin has the best PR team in the universe.
What are “fefans”?

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Just came here to say what we already know. Bergevin was a joke. That offer sheet was a joke.

Hope he does something before the summer is out. If this is the roster we ice in October, that’s ludicrous.

Reactions: Drezilla and Tyson

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Only fefans thought it was a possibility. It fact, no one in the hockey business, journalists, other gms, insiders, knowledgables hockey fans, etc. thought MTL would win this with that absurd offer sheet.

It smelled like it was orchestrated. Smoke-screen.

Marc Bergevin has the best PR team in the universe.

We are are lucky to have people like you who can see through the lies.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Just came here to say what we already know. Bergevin was a joke. That offer sheet was a joke.

Hope he does something before the summer is out. If this is the roster we ice in October, that’s ludicrous.
Unless MB sign a guy like Ferland or a trade just cone out of his hat, that's the team we will start with.

I'm ok with it, Poehling and Juulsen will play a full season, I'm fine.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
We are are lucky to have people like you who can see through the lies.

Evidently. Do you think if we offersheet Mitch Marner to 9M$ the Leafs wouldnt accept? It was a smoke-screen.

Marc Bergevin's plan was Matt Duchene. He missed. He sent an offersheet to Aho, knowingly that they would match. Only to look "good" in front of the fans. He said it himself at his press conference : It sends a message to the players and the fans : we are trying.

You know what? I bet 100K that he called Waddell the morning to let him know his plan : I'll send you a OS, but don't worry, its a friendly deal, that you could match. But I need to do it, to keep my job (because i need to do what's best for the Mtl Canadiens). Waddell didnt looked pissed at all during his Press Conference, in fact, he looked like someone who wanted to laugh.

Yeah MB tries. But he has not results.

Jul 6, 2016
Unless MB sign a guy like Ferland or a trade just cone out of his hat, that's the team we will start with.

I'm ok with it, Poehling and Juulsen will play a full season, I'm fine.

Too bad they traded Shaw too early, and the only muscle guy we had to play on the 4th, DeLo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad