Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes to match Canadiens' offer sheet for Aho

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
Big relief for Molson. Although I'm sure they knew this ahead of time.
Time to count that cap space...

Reactions: zx81

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Only fefans thought it was a possibility. It fact, no one in the hockey business, journalists, other gms, insiders, knowledgables hockey fans, etc. thought MTL would win this with that absurd offer sheet.

It smelled like it was orchestrated. Smoke-screen.

Marc Bergevin has the best PR team in the universe.

I think he's just not willing to pay offensive superstars superstar money. We saw it with Markov, Radulov, and PK - and now this measly offer sheet.

Reactions: zx81

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
This offer really pisses me off.. such a great opportunity wasted for absolutely nothing. So he could show "the fans" ? All he showed is stupidity imo.. Instead of offering at least offering (10.5mil) 2 1sts , 2nd and a 3rd really shows he wasn't that concerned in getting Aho.
Yes, this would have been genius if it worked out, but it didn't.. This kid deserved a 10.58 mil 4st OS imo.. I definitely would have gave 10.5 OS for 2st at the very least.

Reactions: The Real Timo

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
:(

I'll be living in my dream world and in denial until they actually sign the piece of paper and make it official. Its all "we intend" were gonna do it were gonna do it we made a big announcement were gonna do it. Just how Trump does his media press conferences :)

Lol, well we tried and it was probably our best shot at Aho and it was the best likelyhood of getting him out of all the Rfas.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Will never understand the reasoning behind this tbqh...at least make it something Carolina would have a hard time matching

What a mess.

Reactions: Tuggy

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
What good is saving cap space when it is not used or no concrete plan is in place?Leaving things alone is simply not good enough

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Well... that's unfortunate... somewhere deep down I was hoping Habs would have gotten Aho. Did Bergevin cheap out and should have offered more or would Canes' have matched anything anyway?

Either way, Bergevin's UFA haul are picks that will never materialize, a backup goalie and an AHLer. Woopie!!!

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
We knew this was going to happen, now let's see what's MB plan b now

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Predictable result. Let's see if MB has any concrete plans to improve this team.

Well when he couldn't get Radulov and Markov to sign his measly loyal dog offers, he sure had concrete plans: Hemsky, Streit, and Schlemko. Oh and he also said at the presser at the time how well Lernout was progressing.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
What's your problem with this? What do you want Bergevin to do? Would you have preferred he did literally nothing?

He made a calculated move that didn't pay off. It happens.
Offer 10.4 AAV. Put two first rounders up for grabs. Y’know, something that may have made them think.

Or offer sheet Point the same as above, a team that is against the Cap and doesn’t have literally millions of dollars in room.

This was merely a PR move, one that evidently captivated some of you.

Reactions: Habs178
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad