Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VII - Cliff Pu and other shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
How come Arizona State has a big time college hockey program and the Triangle doesn't?

They’re only in their 4th season too and they now have a respectable hockey program.

It’d be amazing to get State, UNC, & Duke onboard for some NCAA hockey. The NC State vs UNC backyard brawls already draw like 3,500-4,000 people, and it’s club hockey.

Plus I think getting competitive college hockey would be a great way to grow the interest of the game in the Triangle. But I know this will never happen.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
They'd also need a new facility. NCSU club team plays some at PNC, but mostly at the Iceplex which doesn't have adequate seating.

I've often thought adding a D1 program to NCSU would be a nice fit with youth hockey growing well in the area...but the AD would need to be a advocate and they'd need some serious financing (a la Pegula at PSU).

Title IX would be a consideration too, but a women's team would be doable if the backing/financing were there for a men's team.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
They’re only in their 4th season too and they now have a respectable hockey program.

It’d be amazing to get State, UNC, & Duke onboard for some NCAA hockey. The NC State vs UNC backyard brawls already draw like 3,500-4,000 people, and it’s club hockey.

Plus I think getting competitive college hockey would be a great way to grow the interest of the game in the Triangle. But I know this will never happen.
Unfortunately the only thing most people care about around here is college football, and even moreso basketball

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
What are the chances that Necas plays at the WJCs for the Czech Republic? I am asking from a Colorado perspective as Kaut apparently will play and it would be nice if he has some elite forward talent to play with. I am assuming the Chytil is out of the picture.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
What are the chances that Necas plays at the WJCs for the Czech Republic? I am asking from a Colorado perspective as Kaut apparently will play and it would be nice if he has some elite forward talent to play with. I am assuming the Chytil is out of the picture.

At this point the chances are high he will be allowed to go to the WJC. Only way I see Necas not being released is if they call him up to the NHL and he starts piling up points.

Canes want to boost Necas’s confidence and get him big minutes. WJC should provide both.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
At this point the chances are high he will be allowed to go to the WJC. Only way I see Necas not being released is if they call him up to the NHL and he starts piling up points.

Canes want to boost Necas’s confidence and get him big minutes. WJC should provide both.

They also want him learning to play on North American ice surfaces. We haven’t been in this situation with Vellucci in charge of development so I’m guessing he’s the guy the brain trust will rely the most heavily on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca