Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Sergei's not going to find it any easier to get ice time with CSKA, who regularly scratch players who would be top nine forwards on most other KHL teams. I'm sure they offered him a lot of money for it to be worth it, though.

But aren't they one of the few teams in the KHL that are financially solvent at the moment? That's probably a decent motivating factor.

Anyway, I loved his hands. Pity he couldn't translate to the higher levels, but the fact that we took a shot with him is a credit to the organization. Can't strike gold if you don't dig.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Reading between the lines, sounds like he didn't think he and other prospects have been given real chances to succeed in this org, and he definitely seems interested in exploring other NHL organizations. Kinda tracks with what many of us have been saying about this org under Francis.
The Canes really need to do a better job of communicating with their players.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Reading between the lines, sounds like he didn't think he and other prospects have been given real chances to succeed in this org, and he definitely seems interested in exploring other NHL organizations. Kinda tracks with what many of us have been saying about this org under Francis.

I don't get this. Which prospects haven't been given a real chance to succeed under Francis? Slavin? Pesce? Rask? Fleury? Aho? Hanifin? McGinn? DiGuisseppe? Chris Terry? Michal Jordan? Brett Bellemore? Even Wallmark, who was just "ok" last year in the AHL has played in about 20 NHL games.

Before Francis arrived, we didn't have any prospects worth giving a chance to and he came right in and said he was going to build the pipeline and develop them the right way. That's what he's done. Don't know why people would say prospects don't get a real chance to succeed in this org.

Tolchinsky's performance doesn't look like anything that warrants a callup. He's a below average scorer in the AHL and scoring is his forte.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
The Canes really need to do a better job of communicating with their players.

He said similar things to Mironov, obviously with another ending due to his different attitude in general. It looks like the Russian players don't overly like the North American approach of "all is good, you're good, and bla bla" and prefer a more direct approach.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe an issue with Sergei, is that he is a more free wheeling, creative, skill player and the Canes coaching staff wants him to play a more structured game. That may make him a better player (or may not), but he may view it as an approach that doesn't allow his strength to show through.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
He said similar things to Mironov, obviously with another ending due to his different attitude in general. It looks like the Russian players don't overly like the North American approach of "all is good, you're good, and bla bla" and prefer a more direct approach.

It's not just ST that seems to be confused about what they need to do or the plans of the club. Gauthier also expressed some similar frustrations at communications about play and ice time this year. I'm not saying that either deserves time with the Canes, but I think both seem confused about their roles and what is expected of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad