Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
How's he been in general this season? He seems to have completely fallen off the map.
Scored 20 points regular season while his shooting% were ridiculously low at 3,8%. He's shot suppression numbers, corsi and whatever advanced stats there is seems to be top 3 on his team. Started as a 3rd line C, ended up as 1st line C in playoffs. National team coach Lauri Marjamäki indicated that he could get call to real national team, even some stupid coach didn't select him to the WJC team (Luostarinen scored hattrick against JYP while Finland sucked ass in that tournament).

Overall I don't think he's fallen off the map, on the contrary he's stocks are rising and seems to be legit 2nd round pick.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
the hurricanes official youtube is doing this project where they talk to local hockey players and they interviewed Sean Romeo as a goalie from Ohio State. his numbers look pretty decent. shrug.
Yeah, too bad we currently have a goaltending prospect logjam with Helvig, Ned, and Booth now signed or else I think we would look pretty hard at signing Romeo this offseason. If he stays in college til next season (which is looking more and more likely as of now) and we don't re-sign Ned, I could see us signing him. But like I said in another thread, he should have several offers this season or next.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
a.n.t.-farm.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. I would bet you he is more likely to be starting the season between Aho and TT than in the AHL.

Thus the :sarcasm:

I agree though as I also think he'll be in the NHL next year, or at a minimum, get every chance to be. That might be fine though, there are a lot of slight, highly skilled players who are excelling in the NHL these days so him "bulking up" to a level people want to see him at isn't a requirement.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Kometa won again 3-2 (now 3-0 in the semifinals); Necas created the first goal with great speed - carried the puck to the o-zone, took a fast turn behind the net and passed it right to the front of the completely open net as the goalie was still looking for him on the other side.
(Someone needs to post a video - it was beautiful :D )

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What kind of injury do you predict Ryan having so he has to have a conditioning stint in the AHL after signing his new 3 year, 3 million per contract with the Canes this offseason?

I predict the Canes will resign Ryan to a contract at Bill Peters urging...then fire Peters in September when the owner wants a more collaborative approach to juggling the lines. At that point, Ryan will be sent down in training camp and get to center Necas' line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad