Hurricanes Lounge XXXIV: I've had it with these mother f***ing snakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Do any of you guys seem to have lost "tracking" on the threads you have read? I mean, you click on a thread you have recently read, but instead of it loading to the first new post, it loads to the first page of the thread?

edit: oh is it because of the stupid mobile Chrome and me having more than one HFBoards open in the same tab sub group?

Reactions: geehaad

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Do any of you guys seem to have lost "tracking" on the threads you have read? I mean, you click on a thread you have recently read, but instead of it loading to the first new post, it loads to the first page of the thread?

edit: oh is it because of the stupid mobile Chrome and me having more than one HFBoards open in the same tab sub group?
This seems to happen to me with older threads, for whatever reason. If there isn't a post for a couple weeks, then a new one comes along, it'll take me to the first post, and I have to click on 'view first unread'. Not sure why, though.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This seems to happen to me with older threads, for whatever reason. If there isn't a post for a couple weeks, then a new one comes along, it'll take me to the first post, and I have to click on 'view first unread'. Not sure why, though.
Same thing for me. This time thought the forum forgeting my bookmark was pretty much instantaneous.

The "bookmarks" must be in the forum software, as it remembers my place despite me switching browser. I guess there is a preset expiration period courtesy of HF.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
House is 80% cleared out, past the stage of the buyers backing out.

2 weeks till we close on the new house.

We're at about the same point although we don't have a closing date yet. But the appraisal cleared the sale price and the inspections etc are all good. So we're just waiting. Finished moving the last of the crap out this morning.

To illustrate the insanity that is this housing market, we sold it for $148K. We'll make around $85K in profit. $85K in profit on a house we bought for $93K only 7 years ago. What? That's absurd. I'm not complaining but that's absurd.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Took my son to a stick n puck in Cary late this afternoon. Bunch of kids (I say kids, some might have been 16/17/18) were playing a 2 on 2 game, and we were at the other end with a bunch of junior canes.

It’s so nice to see how good some of these kids are at such a young age. Ten/fifteen years ago it’d probably have been a fraction of that. Don’t get me wrong, if I’d have inserted myself into that little game, I’d overwhelm them with veteran guile and old man strength. :laugh: But they were pretty damn good.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Took my son to a stick n puck in Cary late this afternoon. Bunch of kids (I say kids, some might have been 16/17/18) were playing a 2 on 2 game, and we were at the other end with a bunch of junior canes.

It’s so nice to see how good some of these kids are at such a young age. Ten/fifteen years ago it’d probably have been a fraction of that. Don’t get me wrong, if I’d have inserted myself into that little game, I’d overwhelm them with veteran guile and old man strength. :laugh: But they were pretty damn good.

a polite way of saying “cheap shots”.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
We're at about the same point although we don't have a closing date yet. But the appraisal cleared the sale price and the inspections etc are all good. So we're just waiting. Finished moving the last of the crap out this morning.

To illustrate the insanity that is this housing market, we sold it for $148K. We'll make around $85K in profit. $85K in profit on a house we bought for $93K only 7 years ago. What? That's absurd. I'm not complaining but that's absurd.

Bought my house in 2005 for 99k, sold 1 day on the market for 215k

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Congrats! Nice payday, eh?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Congrats! Nice payday, eh?

It doesn't suck. Of course, the new house will need a new roof in the next couple years, the kitchen needs some minor remodeling, the main beam is sagging and the floor joists are twisting (sounds worse than it is). So there goes $10K pretty quick.

But it's easy to see why so many people are taking advantage of the market right now. On top of a massive upgrade in our living situation, we made a massive profit. The mortgage increased about 30% but I can take half the proceeds from the sale of the old house, dump that into the new mortgage and probably refinance at a lower rate with a ton of equity.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Or I could do what my parents do every time they get a windfall, which is blow all the money on dumb shit. These people own a golf cart and they don't even play golf. They just use the stupid thing to ride around their neighborhood. I asked why and they go "We just like to ride around and enjoy the open air" and I'm like "YOU ALREADY OWN A GODDAMNED JEEP, WHAT IS PSYCHOLOGICALLY WRONG WITH YOU"

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Or I could do what my parents do every time they get a windfall, which is blow all the money on dumb shit. These people own a golf cart and they don't even play golf. They just use the stupid thing to ride around their neighborhood. I asked why and they go "We just like to ride around and enjoy the open air" and I'm like "YOU ALREADY OWN A GODDAMNED JEEP, WHAT IS PSYCHOLOGICALLY WRONG WITH YOU"

I have a 4wd truck, but I take my side by side all over the neighborhood. It's just fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Seriously what the hell is the golf cart thing? There’s a couple in my tinyass neighborhood who owns one. You can walk from one end to the next in like 5 minutes but yet there they are tooling around in their golf cart. I don’t understand.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
You can’t take it with you!

Reactions: DaveG

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Seriously what the hell is the golf cart thing? There’s a couple in my tinyass neighborhood who owns one. You can walk from one end to the next in like 5 minutes but yet there they are tooling around in their golf cart. I don’t understand.

I think it's become like a status symbol for geezers who live in those kinds of neighborhoods. It's really, really stupid.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I can’t believe you found a house for 93k seven years ago. That’s amazing.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Italy has been doing the same thing for years, and I'd much rather live in Italy.
Shit, there's places in Italy that will pay you to move there. If they had the broadband infrastructure and if I knew Italian I'd do it in a f***ing second. Main hold up at this point is the knowing Italian part

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad