Hurricanes Lounge XXXII: wait, but why?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I can't get to sleep thinking about the implications of this.
"aaaah..! Um... canyouhearcanyouhear the thunder, dumdumdumdum down under!"

They'd prolly lower the gun, say "that ain't a song, this is a song!" and put a C-cassette of AC/DC into my cassette player and press Play.

I'm not in a psychosis, I swear.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I saw Colin Hay open for the Barenaked Ladies a few years back at Red Hat on the Fourth of July.

It dawned on me a few days later that I had spent money to watch a Scot/Australian and a bunch of Canucks on America's birthday.

Reactions: Lempo

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I saw Colin Hay open for the Barenaked Ladies a few years back at Red Hat on the Fourth of July.

It dawned on me a few days later that I had spent money to watch a Scot/Australian and a bunch of Canucks on America's birthday.
It was Fourth of July, there was barenaked ladies, and we are not getting any more technical about it.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Was it post- Steven Page barenaked ladies? Because man while their stuff without him is still fine in its own way it is terribly boring by comparison
It was, but they covered most of the old classics, too. It was a pretty even mix of their newer stuff and their older stuff with a few covers thrown in for good measure.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
He kind of looks like the boy playing banjo in that film.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Mark the date. Nov 7: The first televised Christmas commercial of the year.

It was for some kind of alcoholic beverage. Completely irrelevant which one.
We don't do Thanksgiving and they aren't even trying to hide that Halloween is but an imported easy money grab with cheap China trinketry. I was still shocked to see several stores full of Christmas-associated chocolate and candy boxes and hams in late October.

They may be fattening us for a big sacrifice at the end of 2020.

... anyone want to join me in making #plot2blót trend on Twitter?

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I love the fact that the recent spotlight on Philly has caused international news outlets to try and explain Gritty to their audience.

You can't explain Gritty. Hell, you can't explain Philly. IIRC, when he was first revealed, it basically went like:

*Gritty unveiled*
Philly: wtf is that
National Media: wtf is that
Philly: YOU LEAVE GRITTY ALONE HE IS A NATIONAL TREASURE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad