Hurricanes Lounge XXX: The "Will I Stay or Will I Go?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Nope, no sensor back there or anything of the sort. According to the updated preliminary assessment they sent me, the parts they’re ordering are a bumper cover and an impact bar, both of which make sense.

But reading through the rest of it, it sounds like they’re basically replacing the entire back half of my car. Which, again, seems excessive considering the minimal damage it had.

I’m just annoyed it’s going to take so long. Like if they had told me upfront it would take a month to repair, I would have just said “Ok, I won’t bother getting it repaired then” because it really didn’t affect anything.

Yeah, the mechanics are bilking the other guy's insurance. I know crumple zones and blah blah make all this stuff a lot more complicated than it used to be, and paint is expensive too, but this just reeks of they're gonna make a lot more money than they rightfully should be.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, the mechanics are bilking the other guy's insurance. I know crumple zones and blah blah make all this stuff a lot more complicated than it used to be, and paint is expensive too, but this just reeks of they're gonna make a lot more money than they rightfully should be.

Yeah, I figured as much, but considering they had already taken apart my car by the time I got the notice, there wasn't much I could do about it.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I hate that because it just gives the insurance reason to raise everybody's rates. And all the insurance companies are in cahoots with each other and typically their state's insurance regulators, so they just raise it all for everybody and they have no problem justifying it by saying "fraud" and they're not wrong - they're still evil but they're not wrong

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I wonder if its related to NC’s laws on car insurance.

In the DC area, everyone is partially at fault in a car accident and the police generally wont do an accident report. Ive learned in CA though that there are at fault reports.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And that DEFINITELY sounds like they're trying to bilk the insurers. Absolutely nobody reputable would do that without the green light from the cars owner.

What has Tom Dundon to do with it? Did he finance the car, and it's the collateral? Is this collateral damage we're talking about here?

Yes, I'll find myself out (because I'm going to get a kebab).

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

This video was uploaded 7 years ago, has almost 30 million views, and I am just now seeing it for the first time. How the hell did I miss this? This is way better than watching the Miami Dolphins play Football.

Edit: Holy shit, the US Military made a response video to this. This is f***ing internet gold

Dare I say the dudes did it better? I will never watch the Dolphins play and not think of this ever again. Then again, is it that hard to watch the Dolphins and not think of this? This might be the best thing that franchise has ever done since Marino retired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad