Hurricanes Lounge XXVIII: The "where's the rain?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I’d rather the cold and snow...you can always put on more clothes when cold, there is only so much you can take off before you get arrested

No kidding. If any poor sap out there saw me naked this is what would happen to them

tenor.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
What if I told you that wasn’t water in all those goblets in Last Crusade?

That Knight was there for a thousand years. The man had to pee at some point.
Nice try, but they filled the chosen goblet from the big vat, and anyway the Knight would pee in the big grotto. Where do you think "the path of flood" comes from?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I’d rather the cold and snow...you can always put on more clothes when cold, there is only so much you can take off before you get arrested

Want to trade places for a bit?

Ottawa just broke a record for the most snowfall in the month of January with 97cm (just over 38” for anyone reading this in the USA, Myanmar or Liberia).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You wouldn't believe the number of people I had to use that argument with back when I worked at Duke. f***ers would have the thermostat cranked over 80 in the office. Comfortable for me at work is mid 60s, 70 at the most. I told the person I worked weekends with "bring a jacket if you're that cold next time because I'm sweating my balls off and I'm taking my shirt off if it's this hot in here again." They didn't, I called their bluff right as a manager was walking past. When she asked what was going on I said "I told her to bring a jacket if she's cold because to me it's oppressively hot in here and you can always put more clothes on, she didn't and I had warned her what I would need to do to be comfortable in this heat."

"...Damnit Dave"

she then walks in to my coworkers office but says it loud enough for me to clearly hear

"He's right, it's oppressively hot in here, so either bring a jacket or a space heater for your office because nobody should have to see that".

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Damn if that’s the way to get stuff done I’ve been going about life the wrong way. Nobody wants to see me shirtless in any capacity haha
I didn't take it off (manager caught me first after I made sure she was coming past) but she did turn it back down to 70. Keeping them guessing on if you'll follow through on the threat is usually good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad