GDT: Hurricanes @ Flames, 2:00 MT Dec 14

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Expecting a return to ice coldness again. It's what we do.
It's actually a very common thing league-wide for teams that go on lengthy winning streaks to follow them up with a slump, it seems like.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to us. I only caught the first period today, but the Flames looked fantastic. I can tell by looking at the box score that they didn't exactly seem to follow it up, but the start we had is certainly a sign to me that the loss didn't come because of relaxing and not bringing their best game. I'd say most times, a first period like that would result in a lead.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It's actually a very common thing league-wide for teams that go on lengthy winning streaks to follow them up with a slump, it seems like.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to us. I only caught the first period today, but the Flames looked fantastic. I can tell by looking at the box score that they didn't exactly seem to follow it up, but the start we had is certainly a sign to me that the loss didn't come because of relaxing and not bringing their best game. I'd say most times, a first period like that would result in a lead.

Well that's good to hear. I had to miss this one but us getting blanked looked depressing. Hope it's a one off, glad they played pretty well despite the score.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
was it offside????

Canes fan coming in peace. At first, I too thought it was offside. On replay, our telecast clearly showed that McGinn hustled back before the players re-entered the zone. It was close, but it was clear. Just wanted to pass this along in case you didn’t have access to that camera angle.

Good luck going forward. Would love it if we both managed to play each other again (in a best of 7).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fig

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Tkachuk - Bennett - Czarnik
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Lucic - Ryan - Monahan
Rieder - Backlund - Jankowski

Giordano -Brodie
Hanifin - Andersson
Kylington - Hamonic
I do not see any light with this lineup. We can't just put lesser and lesser players with Tkachuk and call it a 1st line. Bennett is not a 1C. Monahan should not be on the third line as a winger if Bennett's the 1C. I'm not sure sitting Dube is the answer when Jankowski is worse. If we really want to get Bennett and Czarnik in the lineup let's make them prove that they deserve a spot while the offense is rolling instead of displacing players just to get unproven players points.

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Dube - Monahan - Gaudreau
Lucic - Ryan - Backlund
Rieder - Bennett - Czarnik

That's what I'd do with the parameters set of wanting Bennett and Czarnik in the lineup. If there's also the idea of sitting Dube then... then he's most likely sent down cause that's too many roster spots? So sitting Dube cannot sit with the current makeup of the lineup.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
I do not see any light with this lineup. We can't just put lesser and lesser players with Tkachuk and call it a 1st line. Bennett is not a 1C. Monahan should not be on the third line as a winger if Bennett's the 1C. I'm not sure sitting Dube is the answer when Jankowski is worse. If we really want to get Bennett and Czarnik in the lineup let's make them prove that they deserve a spot while the offense is rolling instead of displacing players just to get unproven players points.

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Dube - Monahan - Gaudreau
Lucic - Ryan - Backlund
Rieder - Bennett - Czarnik

That's what I'd do with the parameters set of wanting Bennett and Czarnik in the lineup. If there's also the idea of sitting Dube then... then he's most likely sent down cause that's too many roster spots? So sitting Dube cannot sit with the current makeup of the lineup.

Hard to see them sitting Reider or Frolik atm. If we can just get our hands on another top 6 winger we'd be alright.. Palmieri would be perfect for us as others have said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad