GDT: Hurricanes @ Flames, 2:00 MT Dec 14

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So.... have they announced that Hall has been traded to the Flames yet?

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
The Flames came out strong, but faded as the game went along(for the most part). 4 games in 6 nights or whatever it was is tough. Probably a different story if the Flames could convert on those glorious chances in the 1st.

Time to start a new streak!

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Anyone else still awake? I'm shocked I made it through the whole thing.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Our 2nd pairing is awful, I know Hamonic is a huge part of that but I'm yet to see Hanifin prove that he has the potential I'm told he has.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Yikes.

Gio is rly starting to concern me. Not just his offense, but the defense has been super iffy. Couple that with us leading the league in SHG with him as the PP QB is a bad look on him. Father time is never pretty unfortunately...

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Our 2nd pairing is awful, I know Hamonic is a huge part of that but I'm yet to see Hanifin prove that he has the potential I'm told he has.

He's really fallen off after a good start to the year. Idk if its Hamonic or him as well, but I don't see a future #1 stud that people keep raving about. Extremely vanilla and not really a stand out in any facet (and makes some really poor mistakes).

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Whatever can't win em all. Pretty even game honestly, don't think either team was especially good. Giordano was poor today. Bad second period by the team. Just no finish at all.

Trade Hamonic and Jankowski for stuff. Any stuff. Good stuff bad stuff don't matter.

Reactions: Tofveve
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Yikes.

Gio is rly starting to concern me. Not just his offense, but the defense has been super iffy. Couple that with us leading the league in SHG with him as the PP QB is a bad look on him. Father time is never pretty unfortunately...

I think regression was expected but going from 70 points to maybe 40 this year is huge lol.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Whatever can't win em all. Pretty even game honestly, don't think either team was especially good. Giordano was poor today. Bad second period by the team. Just no finish at all.

Trade Hamonic and Jankowski for stuff. Any stuff. Good stuff bad stuff don't matter.

Andrew Shaw

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Not trying to overreact, but two defensemen whose minutes need to be cut down are Giordano and Hamonic. Gio's not young anymore and Hamonic's not a top 4 anymore (and even on the PK he tends to screen his goalie too often). Put Hanifin on PP1, have Andersson QB PP2, and have Andersson paired with Hanifin 5v5.

Forwards wise, I didn't necessarily hate anyone's play, but I think Dube's point production the last handful of games has been a mirage and he's been struggling to consistently generate chances. I also feel Frolik, despite his hot streak, has been riding Reider's elite speed rather than driving that line. I would sit those two next game and get Czarnik and Bennett both in. And until he gets some confidence going with a nice bounce, I'd probably bump Backlund down the lineup.

So something like
Tkachuk - Bennett - Czarnik
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Lucic - Ryan - Monahan
Rieder - Backlund - Jankowski

Giordano -Brodie
Hanifin - Andersson
Kylington - Hamonic

PP1

Hanifin
Gaudreau - Bennett - Lindholm
Tkachuk

PP2

Kylington/Giordano
Monahan/Mangiapane - Czarnik - Andersson
Lucic

PK1

Giordano - Brodie
Jankowski - Lindholm

PK2

Hanifin - Andersson
Rieder - Ryan

PK3

Kylington - Hamonic
Backlund - Bennett

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Not trying to overreact, but two defensemen whose minutes need to be cut down are Giordano and Hamonic.

giphy.gif

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah Dube breakout will have to wait. He was just doing a Alan Quine imitation.

Anyway, Johnny had some good burst but overall he didnt come to play. Gio needs to be honest with himself and fix whatever issue he has ASAP. Hamonic and Janks should not be in the line up. When is Valimaki coming back? We also need Bennett back ASAP.

Brad T, Hamonic, Brouwer and Neal are a big black mark on your resume. It's so big that I am beginning to miss your accomplishment.

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
Was at the game, one player that stood out is Hammonic. Not in a good way, too many passes that don’t connect and plays lazy defence

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The good news is Edmonton lost 4-1 to Toronto so the Flames are still tied for 2nd in the Pacific. Also, the next 3 games Edmonton plays tough opponents...

@Dallas
@STL
vs Pit

And then vs Mtl and @ Van before they play the Flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad