Hurricanes extend Don Waddell

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Very few people that day thought Rask and Nino were equal, so that quote is painful. I even argued on Rask’s behalf that day with an internal eye roll. Waddell was negotiating on the behalf of the hive, we don’t have any idea who was behind that.

As far as blaming for bad not for good.....I agree the hive probably agreed to the DeHaan situation. I don’t want to get into another drawn out conversation about the Calgary trade but I do hold Waddell and TD a bit more responsible for that one.

Agree on all that.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think the outcome of the Calgary trade is either going to be really good or really awful. I'm very, very high on our scouts and their ability to find Day 2 gems, and I believe that Rees/Honka/whoever else will be NHL players someday. Also, I personally think that this is all going to end with Dougie re-signing long-term and him finally placing foundation on a home in his career. If it doesn't, though, I don't think that the organization will just let him go for nothing. Would not be surprised if he can garner another first rounder in a trade next offseason if his contract demands are absurdly high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad