Hurricanes early success, here to stay?

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Calling it now, Aho will double up on his promise for 100 points for Canes by scoring 100+ points himself. Their flight will end rather quickly in the playoffs sadly due to lack of roster width.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Calling it now, Aho will double up on his promise for 100 points for Canes by scoring 100+ points himself. Their flight will end rather quickly in the playoffs sadly due to lack of roster width.

Aho has seemingly filled the need for an elite 1C. We have winger depth and a farm full of talented hungry kids in Charlotte. The defense is STACKED. The only place we are lacking is goalie, but ignoring the numbers we are getting far better netminding than last season where we gave up backbreaking soft goals at the worst times.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
That shooting differential will come down. They'll still be a playoff team I think but not outplaying their opponents like they are.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
what did we do to deserve aho

Endured many years of this:

phone-rings-whats-my-favorite-scary-movie.jpg

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They are probably my favourite team to watch right now outside of my Bruins. Aho is an absolute beast, their defense is absolutely stacked, I'm a big Staal fan and they just have a young and exciting team.

This is how good I thought they'd be last year, I hope they have finally made the jump to a playoff team.

Goaltending is again their weakness, but here's hoping Darling turns that around.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
They certainly have gotten off to the good start they so desperately needed. Goaltending and secondary scoring are the potential issues down the road, in my view. Mrazek has played well so far however, and Darling was a different player in preseason. Goaltending “may” not be as big an issue as predicted.

I worry about the sustainability of the Aho line productivity. Necas unfortunately isn’t yet ready to drive his own scoring line and Svechnikov too is also learning the ropes with grinders. A trade with TOR for a Nylander or Kadri really puts the team over the top for me. The question then would be, would giving up a player like Pesce or Faulk along with disrupting what’s been working so far be worth it.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Did you not see the last 9 years?

With that said, I'm starting to get the feeling that Foegele is a star in the making. Things just happen when the puck finds his stick.

Agree, especially about him making good things happen when he's out there. Minor point: I think it's more "his stick takes the puck" than "the puck finds his stick". :DD

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So is Mcheilleny doing on waivers afterall?

If Canes want to let him go he can be traded without waivers, though if there was competing waivers claims on him when Canes got him he needs to be offered to those teams before he can be traded.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Anyhow, the Canes are projected to get about 97 points this year. Will be great to see PNC Arena in the playoffs again. That joint is always bonkers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad