GDT: Hurricanes @ Capitals - 10/10/13 7PM

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
i just got a photo of makfi sent to me....

Daltrey.jpg

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
No one was going to say that, because he wasn't actually just fine; he sucked.

In all seriousness what does MoJo do well? He isn't good on the boards and he isn't a very good finisher. So what is his role?

To me MoJo plays like a 2nd or 3rd line version of Nicky. So an above average center. Why have two centers on the same line with OV? Double up on puck feeders for OV? Just seems to me OV and Nicky could use someone good on the boards, someone to hold the puck in the zone and allow Nicky and OV to do their thing. Its like the LW spot on the top line is wasted with MoJo there.

Put Erat up there on the top line with Nicky and OV, put MoJo on the 2nd line to be a feeder for Grabo and Brouwer and put Laich on the 4th line as a stable Vet for the Kids.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
MoJo had been doing well as the puck carrier for O-zone entries early today and last game, IINM. That's big, although lessened by the fact that it didn't continue throughout the game (CAR did a good job of adjusting how they played those, same way they did to the Flyers recently, and the Caps didn't adjust I suppose).

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
In all seriousness what does MoJo do well? He isn't good on the boards and he isn't a very good finisher. So what is his role?

To me MoJo plays like a 2nd or 3rd line version of Nicky. So an above average center. Why have two centers on the same line with OV? Double up on puck feeders for OV? Just seems to me OV and Nicky could use someone good on the boards, someone to hold the puck in the zone and allow Nicky and OV to do their thing. Its like the LW spot on the top line is wasted with MoJo there.

Put Erat up there on the top line with Nicky and OV, put MoJo on the 2nd line to be a feeder for Grabo and Brouwer and put Laich on the 4th line as a stable Vet for the Kids.

the torch and pitchfork crowd are already in a lather.

swapping one 4+ mil player on the 4th for another wont do anything.

it would be nothing be deck chairs on the titanic.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
the torch and pitchfork crowd are already in a lather.

swapping one 4+ mil player on the 4th for another wont do anything.

it would be nothing be deck chairs on the titanic.

I am far from a torch and pitchfork type person. I just don't think MoJo plays at a top line level and I would like to see another player tried in that position.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
MoJo is not the man to blame here but he is the first one I'd move out due to:

1. value
2. soft

MoJo isn't remotely the problem with this team. He's a popular whipping boy, nothing more. 4 pts, 4 games. Modest salary.

Take a look at the lack of production from the 2nd and 3rd lines, the soft defense and the bad goaltending.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
MoJo isn't remotely the problem with this team. He's a popular whipping boy, nothing more. 4 pts, 4 games. Modest salary.

Take a look at the lack of production from the 2nd and 3rd lines, the soft defense and the bad goaltending.

Holtby kept them in the games against Dallas and Carolina. This performance is usually enough to get the W. Not with these Caps.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That penalty on Semin had to be one of the worst of all time.

He gets plowed and almost breaks his neck. He was lucky to make it to the penalty box.

Maybe he asked Ovi to plow him so he can take the next few months off. :sarcasm:

Let me be the only person in caps fandom history to be happy to see our PP did not score. I want our PP to suck and force Oates to recognize the root problem of our team, 5 on 5 play. If we keep winning using PP goals, static lines, expect another early departure next spring.

We face one disciplined team, we are dead in the water, since we are not strong enough 5 on 5 to earn PPs through strong play. We cannot depend on the zebras to win games. Its that simple. They are horrible at their jobs.

Last edited:

bluedevil58*

Canes fan here. Carolina has a totally revamped blue line this season. That was a fun game to watch!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We are too good this year. Heck Wilson our top prospect in north america gets 6 minutes. Erat our best LW gets 6 minutes. Depth. Winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad