Hunter Shinkaruk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I remember that this guy was widely discussed in his draft year. what went wrong?

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion disagree with you.
Actually, the jays just escaped signing and keeping both of them by fluke.

Hernandez doesn’t count. He is still young. Solarte was and is always mediocre.

Brandon Morrow, Smoak and Rasmus were highly touted young players who had not reached their potential with other teams. Examples of players past their primes are Upton, Gavin Floyd, Oh, Axford, Liriano. Bottom line is that Jays management is cheap and they are always “dumpster diving” looking for a diamond in the rough.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hope he doesn't get claimed on waivers. I like the jump in his stride. I could see him producing.

Reactions: Fixxer

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Reading this thread is like traveling back in time to the Houle era. Are we really trying to win with underdog projects we got for cheap? It did not work for Houle and quote me it wont for MB either.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I mean I just have to go in. Play the way I can play... Just using my speed and my skills. I’ve played with pace. I competed... I like to play when I’ve the puck in my stick. This is what I wanna do... Keep building.”

“I mean it’s what it’s... That’show the first half I the 2018/2019 season went in. I knew obviously that I wasn’t happy... It was pretty tough on me... I kinda step away from it. Just taken a step back to talk with my parents and stuffs in the last holiday.”

“I felt like it’s been better... At the end, it’s up to me to come out and play every night and be better...”

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thread title should be changed. Really misleading this time of year.

Edit: thx to whoever changed the thread title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
“I mean I just have to go in. Play the way I can play... Just using my speed and my skills. I’ve played with pace. I competed... I like to play when I’ve the puck in my stick. This is what I wanna do... Keep building.”

“I mean it’s what it’s... That’show the first half I the 2018/2019 season went in. I knew obviously that I wasn’t happy... It was pretty tough on me... I kinda step away from it. Just taken a step back to talk with my parents and stuffs in the last holiday.”

“I felt like it’s been better... At the end, it’s up to me to come out and play every night and be better...”

That guy should become an humorist, that was pretty funny.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Another Scherbak. The Habs lost Rychel. Rychel didn't even crack the Flames lineup this year despite having a very good AHL season this year. So no big loss. Shinkaruk was very disappointing point wise this year. That's MB for you, expecting to win with reclaimed projects.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
It was a total failure the Shinkaruk’s signing... His first name was a funny one tho.
You mean Hunter. A friend of mine called his son this name because of his love for a wrestler.
"Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and later, Triple H."
But I agree... lots of Hunter in hockey.. but for most it's their last name.

Reactions: Runner77

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I was hoping for Shinkaruk to get going. I mean, I saw his speed during training camp and I hoped he stayed longer.
It seems that his speed was all there was to see though...
Got some injuries late in junior but still had a few good AHL seasons before he fell off... ??

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there a reason to have Shinkaruk back with all the incoming players to the Rocket?

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Rychel had to see his chances of making the Habs were pretty low last fall, remember that he wasn't signed going into camp. Was a trade for a seemingly comparable AHL depth player. Hard to see Shinkaruk being brought back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No. Even if there wouldn't be incoming players. He does not deserve to be back.

That's what I thought. Oh well, was fun imagining that he might somehow find a way to his early successes, even if it was a long shot.

Even Bouchard couldn't save him.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Knowing Bouchard, he won't want him back, it is clearly him that requested not to claim back Scherbak which would have been a top player on his team because he didn't like the work ethic. They will have plenty of better UFA options, no reason to keep him.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Knowing Bouchard, he won't want him back, it is clearly him that requested not to claim back Scherbak which would have been a top player on his team because he didn't like the work ethic. They will have plenty of better UFA options, no reason to keep him.

Has shown nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad