JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
lol there is still people who thinks Shinkaruk could be a ''steal''

hes 23 still ahler
injuries or not , if he had skill he would be playing in the NHL
Any trash players can play on a 4th line once

Like Daniel Carr

Y I K E S

Skill is not an issue. He's got nifty hands. It takes more than that to succeed though, unless you are a super rare talent

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
lol there is still people who thinks Shinkaruk could be a ''steal''

hes 23 still ahler
injuries or not , if he had skill he would be playing in the NHL
Any trash players can play on a 4th line once

Like Daniel Carr

Y I K E S
At least Carr produces in the nhl

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe Bergevin likes long arms? Joke. I hope that Carr makes the best of his new opportunity.

Nothing against Carr but how many times now have we been wishing an ex-Hab well? Could have still been a Hab. I know they have depth on the wings but Carr struck me as a hard worker, someone who pays the price to score and ironically, looked to have the type of attitude that the GM claims was in short supply last year.

Reactions: OldCraig71

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

so we lost him over wanting to save 61,250k, not because he held out for money and went somewhere else. We could have retained him without having to outbid challengers for 61,250k more than we offered him.

It's pathetic if this is true and pathetic if its not true, i.e. that Bergevin didn't offer him 700,000k and chose to keep McCarron over Carr.

Obviously this isn't the same order of magnitude as his failure to keep Markov and Radulov, but it's more of the same.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so we lost him over wanting to save 61,250k, not because he held out for money and went somewhere else. We could have retained him without having to outbid challengers for 61,250k more than we offered him.

It's pathetic if this is true and pathetic if its not true, i.e. that Bergevin didn't offer him 700,000k and chose to keep McCarron over Carr.

Obviously this isn't the same order of magnitude as his failure to keep Markov and Radulov, but it's more of the same.

it sounds like they wanted him but under his QO, which doesn't make sense since if they did offer him 700K, it means they wanted him back but why would they care if it was 61K more. So I got to think that maybe Carr wanted more then his QO but had to settle for 750K. It's nothing but a wild guess, but maybe he was looking for say 900K and the Habs said the best we can do is 700 and he said well the KHL is offering me xxx and I think another NHL team will pay me what I'm asking.

Either way it doesn't make sense, although we already have too many wingers without Carr, so if he were back it would be even more of a headache but he would be good depth to have. If he didn't make the Habs and cleared waivers he would be a really big add for Laval although they don't have the room for him either.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
it sounds like they wanted him but under his QO, which doesn't make sense since if they did offer him 700K, it means they wanted him back but why would they care if it was 61K more. So I got to think that maybe Carr wanted more then his QO but had to settle for 750K. It's nothing but a wild guess, but maybe he was looking for say 900K and the Habs said the best we can do is 700 and he said well the KHL is offering me xxx and I think another NHL team will pay me what I'm asking.

Either way it doesn't make sense, although we already have too many wingers without Carr, so if he were back it would be even more of a headache but he would be good depth to have. If he didn't make the Habs and cleared waivers he would be a really big add for Laval although they don't have the room for him either.

Under the plan in my head (which among many other things didn't include trading Galchenyuk) I had us attempting to pass Carr through waivers. I would have loaded up on quality wingers (Domi (not at the price of Galchenyuk), Skinner, Perron, and Neal were there for the taking), had Galchenyuk, Drouin, Danault, and Hudon as my center line, and hoped some of the veteran talented wingers that produced could be traded either for dmen or 1st round picks (I would have already traded Pacioretty, Shaw, and Byron for young players and good picks by the deadline last year.) I'd be willing to gamble that Skinner is worth at least a 1st at the deadline, and maybe worth signing to an extension. My starting lineup until there was a trade would have been:

Domi Galchenyuk Scherbak
Perron Drouin Gallagher
Skinner Danault Neal/Duclair
Armia Hudon Lehkonen (they play at least 12 minutes a night even though they start the year on the 4th line)

in Laval playing 20 minutes a night, if they clear waivers, until there are trades:
Duclair, Yakupov, Carr, Deslauriers, DLR. They would make a good top 9 with Vejdemo, Evans, Bitten, and Shinkaruk.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
this management group qualified McCarron, but didn't qualify Carr. How is that even fathomable.
Bergevin need to justify his mistake as well as back up Timmins on this one, so they don't care about Carr, even if he's better and will probably have a great season with Vegas.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
We see a lot of Atheletes posting to social media. Anyone know what kind of off season training is he doing? It would nice to be seeing Shinkaruk demonstrating sone determination and planning of his preparation.

I would love to see him break put with us ... It will be interesting to see and here him to get a sense of him as a player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

For those who don't speak French, the quote in the French tweet is Hunter saying his first bed sheets in his first house were Habs sheets. He also had a Habs jersey and it was the only thing he wanted for Christmas that year.

So basically, Toronto has Tavares sleeping in Leafs sheets as a kid, and Habs have Shinkaruk. I guess now we're even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad