Hunter Shinkaruk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

For those who don't speak French, the quote in the French tweet is Hunter saying his first bed sheets in his first house were Habs sheets. He also had a Habs jersey and it was the only thing he wanted for Christmas that year.

So basically, Toronto has Tavares sleeping in Leafs sheets as a kid, and Habs have Shinkaruk. I guess now we're even.

There's a Jane Ninima feel to that picture.

Reactions: snakeye

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I’ve seen this playbook with the blue jays: pick up a ton of players for cheap who used to be good and are washed up or who were supposed to be good and never reached their potential and hope and pray that one, just one, pans out.

PS - it didn’t work for the jays

Edit: see Joel ward

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They should probably just give him #9 , its guys like these that make me want to unretire numbers. Generational players.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yup
Armia as Wild Bill
Peca as Marchessault
Rebound/career years from everyone else and we got this
He has purged out all of the "bad attitudes" and now the team is ready to compete. Talent is overrated but character, attitude and compete are everything. His followers will say rebuild unless by some miracle of God the team gets off to a good start with Price standing on his head and then the tune will change, just watch.

stubbadub

Jul 12, 2009
Nova Scotia
open.spotify.com
You know, there was another former Calgary Flame who made his debut and was traded when he was 23, who became one of the best goal scorers of all time. You can't discount everyone! Maybe Drouin can become the Oates for Shinkaruk.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dude has really filled out. He was one of the smaller/skinnier prospects I'd ever seen, and now he's a tank out there lol

Reactions: Fixxer

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I’ve seen this playbook with the blue jays: pick up a ton of players for cheap who used to be good and are washed up or who were supposed to be good and never reached their potential and hope and pray that one, just one, pans out.

PS - it didn’t work for the jays

Edit: see Joel ward

Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion disagree with you.

Reactions: Captain Wolverine

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion disagree with you.

So do Estrada and Happ.

And taking shots on low-risk, low reward types got the Habs Flash and Byron.

Its not like acquiring guys like that have really hurt Bergevin's ability to make big moves (although I kind of wish they did). And its not like they block development paths for promising prospects.

So who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad