Recalled/Assigned: Hunter Shinkaruk called up (11/18 Update: Sent back down, Grenier recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah I was impressed with Grenier. Looks like he's going back to Utica though with Prust being activated for Saturday's game.

Kind of a sketchy cap situation when that happens though. They'll only have 12 healthy forwards and 6 healthy defensemen and no cap space to call anyone up unless one of Sutter, Sbisa, or Vrbata is LTIR eligible. They could be one more injury away from dressing a shortened lineup.

I thought cap space doesn't matter though cause we are not trying to win a cup!

Really like Grenier, would love him Gaunce and Kennis all up playing bottom six by the end of the season.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
More should IMO be made of Grenier's play last night. In less than 9 minutes of ice-time he managed to produce 4 shots including some serious scoring chances. On top of that, he didn't look out of place defensively or in transition.

And more should be made of the fact that after that performance, he ended up sitting most of the 3rd period.
Yeah, if the biggest knock on Grenier this year is that he can't ride Cal O'Reilly's coattails... well all that suggests is that he (like many players) does a lot better with more talented linemates. When you give him NHL-caliber linemates, he might very well be all the more effective. I don't know a ton about Grenier other than what I read here, but I don't gather that he's a particularly "unsafe" or high-risk player, so there's not a huge downside to trying him out.

From what I watched of last night's game, he didn't look out of place, and was unlucky not to get a goal off of that weird pop-up.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Should just send Virtanen back to junior and keep Grenier up. I see absolutely no value in continuing that experiment. He can't even touch the puck right now.

They already released the rookie-prank video, no going back now! But I totally agree, he needs to be sent down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad