Recalled/Assigned: Hunter Shinkaruk called up (11/18 Update: Sent back down, Grenier recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Let's go Shinky-dinks!

For those of you who aren't aware, he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 12 games with Utica this season. Yes, 10 goals.

UPDATE:

Last edited:

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Great to see Hunter finally get his chance. He's been one of the best players in the AHL all year, time for him to take the next step.

I still maintain that he will become a Kris Versteeg type player at worst.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Regardless of whether anyone on the Canucks deserves to sit, this needed to happen. 10 goals in 12 games merits a call up.

Would be nice to see him play tonight - we need some freaking offence.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Oh man
Hope he plays
Will be very excited for him
His enthusiasm alone makes this awesome

lawrence

May 19, 2012
As I recall there are no injuries to our forwards right now.

Wether it's because of an injury or not he still got the call and totally deserves it.

Hope he does well! Congrats.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Deserved call-up. Hopefully he gets some meaningful ice time though. We need him for his goals, not to play 7 minutes of safe low-event hockey.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Think I read on tsn ticker last night that..Sutter ? Was day to day (though I'm not 100% on that)

So that may be where the injury comes in
Have Cracknell go back to C and move things around in that mould

Edit: I'm slow

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
If he continues to progress, there's a decent chance Shinkaruk is a better player than Sutter by the end of the year anyway. Hopefully he gets a good look, though I suspect we won't see him on the power play..

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Glad he's doing well; but he wouldn't be getting the call if guys like Sutter was healthy enough to play.

That's usually how AHL call-ups work. How often do teams cut or demote a roster player mid-season to "reward" someone for their AHL play? What do they do if the call-up can't produce and you've already jettisoned the other player? Would seem a weird way to manage a roster, especially based on a whopping 12 games.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Bone head move he's either going to be playing a bottom line role or in the press box and just when his confidence was back. Top 6 offensive roles is where he should be

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Sounds like he was playing hurt for a while. Don't think anything happened in his last game...

Yeah. Sutter's had some sort of ongoing thing for a while now apparently. :dunno:

Anyway, yay for Shinkaruk! Excited to see what he can do once he gets into the lineup. Wonder if they'll throw him right in, or if they'll want him to get some practice time with the big club before he slots in?

Certainly done everything you could ask to earn a call-up in any case.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Deserved call-up. Hopefully he gets some meaningful ice time though. We need him for his goals, not to play 7 minutes of safe low-event hockey.

Willie is still our coach right?

Be prepared for 7 minutes.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Bone head move he's either going to be playing a bottom line role or in the press box and just when his confidence was back

Yeah but if he can get his first goal up here it will go a long way to skyrocketing his confidence. He feeds off success, look at the difference in last preseason when he was producing vs. this year when he wasn't and looked timid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad