Post-Game Talk: Hundreds (thousands?) get scalded in the shower; RZH and McDrai visit Flushing Meadows

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Anyone remember back in the days when Ebs had most points on the team at season end? He had 43 points. Leon has 41 a quarter in to the season.. Perspective.
When did that happen? Not saying you are wrong, but the only time I remember him leading the team in scoring he had 76 points. Even in the lockout season nobody ‘led the team in scoring’ with 43 points.

Reactions: Aerrol

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Tip of the hat to Darnell Nurse on the occasion of his 300th NHL game. You’ve got a beautiful career going there sir, congratulations.

ps - the three minors tonight was a little much though.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
Well, I missed most of the game tonight unfortunately, but saw the scores here and there. And have only watched the highlights. I was posting a lot of shit about Tippett being an idiot with the Persson stuff before the game, but maybe I'm wrong, we'll have to wait and see. I did not expect us to come out like we did tonight, but I'm glad we did. Still have my reservations about him but hopefully I'm wrong, and I'll gladly admit it if/when the time comes. Massive win tonight, nights like this really bring the fellas in the locker room together and I hope they can build on it. Great night for the oil, keep it rolling fellas!

ScoreGoalsPlease

Now with 35% more optimism!*
Jun 20, 2015
Yamamotors Inc.
Well, I missed most of the game tonight unfortunately, but saw the scores here and there. And have only watched the highlights. I was posting a lot of **** about Tippett being an idiot with the Persson stuff before the game, but maybe I'm wrong, we'll have to wait and see. I did not expect us to come out like we did tonight, but I'm glad we did. Still have my reservations about him but hopefully I'm wrong, and I'll gladly admit it if/when the time comes. Massive win tonight, nights like this really bring the fellas in the locker room together and I hope they can build on it. Great night for the oil, keep it rolling fellas!
Jones made Kadri look like a tool with his little dive into Smithers. He won his battle tonight in my books.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Draisaitl up to 62.1% offensive participation rate now... 41 pts on 66 goals scored by the team.
McDavid up to 55.2%... 37 pts on 66 goals scored.

We're watching these 2 players do something very special this season.

Reactions: nally

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
2010-2011.

Ebs had 43 points, a bunch had 42.

Edmonton Oilers Stats | 2010-2011
Scary stuff, dark times :(
Funny, MPS best year by far was his rookie season. I still cannot come around to understanding how he couldn't at the very least develop into a solid middle-6 winger. Seemed to have everything going for him, including his play as a rookie, then everything just went downhill from there.

Great to wake up to a 6-2 mangling of the Avs, awesome bounce-back after that Sharks game.

Reactions: Aerrol and Kolja

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Scary stuff, dark times :(
Funny, MPS best year by far was his rookie season. I still cannot come around to understanding how he couldn't at the very least develop into a solid middle-6 winger. Seemed to have everything going for him, including his play as a rookie, then everything just went downhill from there.

Great to wake up to a 6-2 mangling of the Avs, awesome bounce-back after that Sharks game.

After some injury (concussion?) as I recall he completely shied away from physical contact and board work. He definitely drove to the net in his rookie season but rarely in seasons after. And yes some of his points were puck luck... so there’s some point inflation too.

Good win. Need to bank these points.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Relax dude.

The point of having superstar players is sometimes they just take over a game and win.

There is starting to be signs of better secondary scoring, multiple 3rd/4th line players have gotten off the goal-less bus the last 6-7 games and RNH is finally starting to light it up (4 goals in his last 4 games I think, 6 points in 4 games).

Here's a newsflash too .... most teams don't play a good full 60 minutes. That's actually much more rare than people think.

I honestly don't mean to sound snarky, but how many goals have Hopkins and Neal scored without Drai and/or McDavid.
Really doesn't count to me.
If you're going to keep McDavid together 95% of the time and if the 3rd and 4th highest scorers are getting the majority of their points when they're lucky enough to get a shift with them it really doesn't seem like they're going anywhere.

For all we know Kassian could put up 70 points this year, but it's not like anyone is insane enough to drink enough cool-aid to think that he's going to command 6M next season.

I think there's a good argument to be made that Archibald and Sheehan are more valuable to the team than Hopkins and Neal because they don't need Drai or McDavid to kill penalties.
Was so certain we were going to see Archibald score his first goal on the PK vs San Jose. Great player that kid.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
I didn't really expect too much against the Avs but McDrai thought **** it, let's put on a show.
Hard to believe Drai's contract is freak'in bargain now, lol.

PS: Kassian skating right through MacKinnon was nice to watch. :naughty:

I hope the boys keep their feet moving, will be able to watch the Dallas game, wouldn't mind another sweet win.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm re-naming my first born after him, sorry Alex, your new name is Leon.
If you score on your wife like Leon scores on NHL goalies . You will be able to name 1 Leon , 1 Connor , another Draisaitl for the hat trick . Connor style over the last 3 games .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kassian was a monster! MacKinnon got dummied twice. Come out with that intensity and they'll win the majority of games. Especially love that Smith got the win vs Avs after what happened in the playoffs, this is what happens when your team scores :D

Now if Kassian can do that to Crying Johnny and Tkachuk he will become an all time favourite of all Oilers fans . Plus it will set the tone for the BoA this year .

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Happy to get the win, but we can’t continue to rely on McDavid and Drai. We still need offensive contributions from the bottom 6, and still getting squat.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Happy to get the win, but we can’t continue to rely on McDavid and Drai. We still need offensive contributions from the bottom 6, and still getting squat.

Yup ! We need a 3C in the worse way and a 2nd line winger that is a line driver .

Drasaitl McDavid Kassian
XXX RNH Neal
Nygard XXX Haas
Khaira Sheahan Archibald
Russell

Bear Nurse
Klefbom Persson
Jones Larsson
Benning / Lagesson

Chiasson and Granlund can F off
On D Russell can go along with Manning
Opens up about 9 million in cap space which should cover the 2nd line LW and 3rd line C

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Still thinks we need to give Drat his own line Ev, still have the pp! If we reach the play off, we cant give teams the benefit to focus at only 1 line! Its sick how good those 2 are right now and the special teams!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad