Post-Game Talk: Hundreds (thousands?) get scalded in the shower; RZH and McDrai visit Flushing Meadows

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Great game to watch, only issue i had was the distribution of defense ice time.

Theres no reason to play Klef 27 minutes and Jones 12 minutes when the game is basically over half way through the game

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
He is a valuable part of the team and he’s one of those “playoff style” hockey players I love so much: big, strong, fast, and just a little crazy. Good on Kass for turning his life around. I just hope we can afford him.
I wouldn't go higher than 3x3 on a contract. Even that scares me a bit. 2 year deal would be ideal. I feel like if he is loyal to the Oilers (which he should be) then we shouldn't need to worry about him signing elsewhere. I do worry, however, that a long term deal could demotivate him enough to make him not productive enough to stay on the top line. Just some thoughts.

Reactions: Vader611

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If it makes you feel better, McDavid got the puck over to Drai and Werner made the save before the whistle went live.

I think it was worth.

I also think it was worth it, just pointing it out. The game went well, and who knows how it would have gone if Kass hadn't fought there? Also, first scrap of the season, can't complain.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Kassian....in Beastmode...

uxWSsBy.gif

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
Term makes a huge difference to the AAV. In the scenario you presented its $3million. Could be a case where shorter term requires more AAV, longer less. If 3M I would think the player would want the extra term but in 3 years probably more AAV. But yeah I think that would be realistic, for sure.

His success is 100% McDrai, he has been inconsistent his entire career, even last season he was pretty hit and miss most games. and he would otherwise be an average 3rd liner, i don't really think he can demand much here

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

Persson really getting the short end of the stick, but hard to argue with last games results. Nice to see jones get a chance to get more comfortable too. Wonder if Tippett took anything from that ugly loss two games ago after changing a winning line up.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Great game to watch, only issue i had was the distribution of defense ice time.

Theres no reason to play Klef 27 minutes and Jones 12 minutes when the game is basically over half way through the game

That was a weird game with all the PPs. Klefbom played 10 minutes of PP+PK, for instance.

Jones' 12 minutes doesn't look too bad when you see that Nurse/Bear only played 14/13 minutes of even strength too.

Benning ended up leading the team in even strength icetime because the other pairings were being used so much on special teams.

Reactions: Oilhawks

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Persson really getting the short end of the stick, but hard to argue with last games results. Nice to see jones get a chance to get more comfortable too. Wonder if Tippett took anything from that ugly loss two games ago after changing a winning line up.

Persson had a few games to show where he is at. I think the coaches have a good sense of what type of player he is.

Now need to figure out what they have with Jones and Lagesson.

Reactions: Anarchism

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Persson had a few games to show where he is at. I think the coaches have a good sense of what type of player he is.

I mean, he's had 10 total north american NHL games that have been split up by a concussion, and we're currently seeing Haas really start to come around since game 10 or so, so I think it'll be quite a few more games till we definitively know what we have in persson especially with him being a Dman who seem to take longer to adjust. That said, we do need to find out what we have in Jones and Lagesson, I just wish Russell or Benning could be the ones sitting for once. A puck mover on every pair would be a dream.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016

I can live with it as long as it's not Manning getting a spot ahead of him. Jones has been playing at a high level in the AHL for awhile now.

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019

Well they know what they have in Lagesson when it comes to sitting in the press box :)

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi

I think Persson can (waiver exempt)--and should--spend some time in the A (maybe I'm wrong on waiver status). His acceleration from no one to NHL player is ridiculous. I'd give him 1/2 a year in the A. Probably less.

Reactions: Anarchism

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
His success is 100% McDrai, he has been inconsistent his entire career, even last season he was pretty hit and miss most games. and he would otherwise be an average 3rd liner, i don't really think he can demand much here

He may not demand anything. Another team may belly up to the bar and offer him 3.5 x 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad