Votes: 137 84.6%
  • Adam Nicholas

Votes: 115 71.0%
  • Lecavalier

Votes: 118 72.8%

• Total voters

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
They're exceptions to the normative situation. Both had experience elsewhere before working with NHL-level teams.

Notice you quickly stopped mentioning Nicholas as soon as I reminded you how much lower MPP's level is from his?

Hughes, Gorton, and Molson signed a rookie skills coach who has never coached professionals and never played at even half of this level. I'm supposed to be cheering for this? No. Not complaining about it either -- I think it's an inconsequential hire that doesn't move the needle whatsoever. Maybe it will be revealed that she's an exceptionally good coach. I'm rooting for her.

Ugh, what ? I'm the one who told you what level Nicholas played. He was a low level DIVIII player. You can add him to the other two examples, he doesn't fit your own standards.

The point here wasn't to cheer for this, or that it moves the needle. You went out of your way to post about how this inconsequential skills coach couldn't possibly be a good hire, because they have to have played at a similar level as the players and that they don't have the biomechanics to teach, all of which was bullshit. The truth is right here in your post: you have no idea what her abilities are.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I liked what Hugues made since the beginning and I am sure he is going to be a good GM. He did well in term of sellers GM. In 2/3 years, when we sre gonna be « « buyers », I hope he is gonna be as good than he is right now.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Ugh, what ? I'm the one who told you what level Nicholas played. He was a low level DIVIII player. You can add him to the other two examples, he doesn't fit your own standards.

The point here wasn't to cheer for this, or that it moves the needle. You went out of your way to post about how this inconsequential skills coach couldn't possibly be a good hire, because they have to have played at a similar level as the players and that they don't have the biomechanics to teach, all of which was bullshit. The truth is right here in your post: you have no idea what her abilities are.
Div3 College, which is easily found on his player page online fyi, is leagues better than the best Woman's team. Team Canada lost to Junior hockey players ffs.

And nobody knows what her abilities are, she's never professionally coached a pro team at any level. She went from assistant coaching McGill and Dawson to the fkn Habs. You want to bet on her success? Be my guest. You want to chalk it up as a big coup that we signed her? Super.

Now you have four examples: Nicholas who played at a level higher than Poulin and coached for over half a decade before coaching a pro hockey team, Barb Underhill who coached skating for over a decade before even looking at coaching hockey pros, Belfry who starting coaching in 1995 and got his first touch with the NHL in 2008, and Marie-Philip Poulin.

I already granted that exceptions and exceptional people exist and there is much more to coaching than mechanics and physical concepts so let's cut it short here ok. Good chat.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
So the situation so far:

Top 5 most popular moves
1- Chiarot trade 140/141 approval rate, dunno for you but I want to hear that one person. grumpy cat??
2- MSL, still dictatorship numbers 139/141, wow
3- Weber/Dadonov trade
4- Kulak trade
5- Monahan trade

5 least popular moves:
1- Poor Bobrov, "Talk No Jutsu" master
2- Round 4+ 2022 picks, you dont like what you dont know right?
3- Engstrom pick, mmmm did you guys see his last tourney?
4- Robidas closes the under 50% list
5- Romanov/Dach trade, kind of trade we will still talk about in a few years

4 under 50%
26 over 50%

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So the situation so far:

Top 5 most popular moves
1- Chiarot trade 140/141 approval rate, dunno for you but I want to hear that one person. grumpy cat??
3- Weber/Dadonov trade
4- Kulak trade
5- Monahan trade

5 least popular moves:

4 under 50%
26 over 50%
Some might suggest those are honeymoon phase type approval numbers (within the constraints of the sample size generated by this forum), however, the several comments provided by posters in this thread show that there are many compelling reasons for the positive polling outcomes.

Seems to me that fans are liking the idea of cerebral types at the helm, who are aggressively but cautiously making key moves and who are revamping the organization with new resources.

One doesn’t need to wait another year or three in order to appreciate the scope and direction of their actions, so chances are, the polling figures are genuinely reliable.

My regular reading of user comments on Twitter, also supports this view.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So the situation so far:

Top 5 most popular moves
3- Weber/Dadonov trade
4- Kulak trade
5- Monahan trade

5 least popular moves:

4 under 50%
26 over 50%
I could understand why % of Brobov is low. Kravstov, Lias Andersson, Filip Chytil, Kakkoo are questionnable pick. However, Chytil remain a 21th pick. Kakkoo is still young. Kravtsov is doing well in KHL.
On a larger picture, every NY rangers draft they are finding a future nhl player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I could understand why % of Brobov is low. Kravstov, Lias Andersson, Filip Chytil, Kakkoo are questionnable pick. However, Chytil remain a 21th pick. Kakkoo is still young. Kravtsov is doing well in KHL.
On a larger picture, every NY rangers draft they are finding a future nhl player.
Some fans held a glimmer of hope that Qc resident Martin Madden Jr. might have been available and willing to join the fold.

There were lots of posts hoping for it.

From hoping for Madden to ending up with Bobrov-Lapointe, one’s enthusiasm can certainly take a dive.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Div3 College, which is easily found on his player page online fyi, is leagues better than the best Woman's team. Team Canada lost to Junior hockey players ffs.

And nobody knows what her abilities are, she's never professionally coached a pro team at any level. She went from assistant coaching McGill and Dawson to the fkn Habs. You want to bet on her success? Be my guest. You want to chalk it up as a big coup that we signed her? Super.

Now you have four examples: Nicholas who played at a level higher than Poulin and coached for over half a decade before coaching a pro hockey team, Barb Underhill who coached skating for over a decade before even looking at coaching hockey pros, Belfry who starting coaching in 1995 and got his first touch with the NHL in 2008, and Marie-Philip Poulin.

I already granted that exceptions and exceptional people exist and there is much more to coaching than mechanics and physical concepts so let's cut it short here ok. Good chat.

Well, yeah.

You're now saying the hire isn't a big coup (it isn't) because she lacks experience, rather than due to sex-limited abilities, which is exactly my point from the start. Of course you'd want to cut it short here lol.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
download.jpg

All of us right now putting our faith in HuGo

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Well, yeah.

You're now saying the hire isn't a big coup (it isn't) because she lacks experience, rather than due to sex-limited abilities, which is exactly my point from the start. Of course you'd want to cut it short here lol.
I developed and elaborated on my argument. But let's stick with the common ground: her hiring isn't a big coup, so it isn't a surprise why this board didn't consider it a big coup and yet that user thought to call us out and imply it was misogyny at play.

Some fans held a glimmer of hope that Qc resident Martin Madden Jr. might have been available and willing to join the fold.

There were lots of posts hoping for it.

From hoping for Madden to ending up with Bobrov-Lapointe, one’s enthusiasm can certainly take a dive.
Madden is legitimately good at his job while Bobrov is one of those not-so-encouraging friend hires.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
It's worth taking the gamble. Even if Dach doesn't pan out I think that trade was worth it.

Only thing that got me worried is that we traded against Uncle Lou. That guy knows what he's doing.
I liked Romanov .already a Top 4 dman. I think he still have untapped offensive potential.

Romanov is already a sure thing while Dach haven’t shown much.

We will see in the future , but i don’t like the trade for now.

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad