• Total voters

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
9 months...
Cant say new management is slacking, hell no
took forever to dress this list and I certainly forgot a few

Would be very interesting to see percentages next to these decisions
I expect large approval for most of those, but just comparing the most popular vs the least popular decisions would be fun I think.

Please take the time to select all what you agree with

Cheers

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
9 months...
Cant say new management is slacking, hell no
took forever to dress this list and I certainly forgot a few

Would be very interesting to see percentages next to these decisions
I expect large approval for most of those, but just comparing the most popular vs the least popular decisions would be fun I think.

Please take the time to select all what you agree with

Cheers
they've been busy!!

Reactions: Runner77 and cphabs

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...everything so far except Wideman...yes, I know we need a RH PMD, but he's not an NHLer anymore, imo...the rest, I trust HuGo on...so far...stay tuned...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
...everything so far except Wideman...yes, I know we need a RH PMD, but he's not an NHLer anymore, imo...the rest, I trust HuGo on...so far...stay tuned...
True, but Wideman is thar generic glue guy that helps the team locker room. If we sign better, there's a chance we do better in the standings and I think the vast majority don't want that

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Was going to vote, but honestly you put too many choices, including 3rd round picks. At that point, I'm not sure what I'm voting for.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Was going to vote, but honestly you put too many choices, including 3rd round picks. At that point, I'm not sure what I'm voting for.
Not my fault they working after hours lol
But yeah, maybe should've included Rohrer and Engstrom in The rest of 2022 picks, but other than that dont see where I would've cut haha

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Great thread/vote
Still super early obviously as of this writing but it's still super interesting to see the different %'s in general to get a sense of how the people feel
Love to see a couple 100's wow lol
But its puzzling the Chantale one isnt 100% too

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Romanov/Dach I’m not sure
It's worth taking the gamble. Even if Dach doesn't pan out I think that trade was worth it.

Only thing that got me worried is that we traded against Uncle Lou. That guy knows what he's doing.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm a little bit surprised to see the Slafkovsky pick only at 65.6% so far. I didn't vote for the Slafkovsky pick in this poll since I really wanted one of the centers in Wright (preferred) or Cooley and didn't want the winger @ 1st OA but I really hope I'm wrong and Slafkovsky was the right pick there but we'll see how it goes.

Not really surprised by the 54.1% for the Romanov/Dach trade since trading Romanov away didn't seem like a very popular choice at the Bell Centre when it was announced at the draft likely because he was a big fan favorite. I didn't vote for that move either since I didn't like that trade then and I still don't.

Again hopefully I'm wrong and Dach proves out to have been the right move but again we'll see how it goes but these 2 HuGo moves where my least favorite moves of the off season and the 2 that I didn't really like but we'll see

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Great thread/vote
Still super early obviously as of this writing but it's still super interesting to see the different %'s in general to get a sense of how the people feel
Love to see a couple 100's wow lol
But its puzzling the Chantale one isnt 100% too
agree, fun poll format.

approval rates looking pretty high so far, good job HuGo.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Only one Im iffy about is Bobrov and that can quickly change depending on how Slafkovsky does as we know that Bobrov was a huge advocate for him.

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Slaf im starting to really like hes attitude and hes potentiel but i was team Wright or Nemec so hopefully Juraj proves me wrong and i know he can

Bobrov wasnt really a fan of hes work in NYR

I had Kulich over Mesar but not mad about the pick i like Filip also

The rest i like/love
I’m also skeptical of Bobrov. Great talker, knows how to sound convincing and yet, is that a good thing? Will those with different opinions dare stand up to him, given how close he is to Gorton?

Same with Martin Lapointe, another guy that appears to have inherited a position on account of past association with Gorton but whose track record is difficult to isolate.

Third thing I don’t get is how Burrows managed to keep his job.

Fourth, I was expecting more turnover in the scouting contingent. Too many scouts from the past failed administration and continuing weak coverage in Quebec where Tampa has been getting first dibs on undrafted players for years.

Fifth, I thought that the Bobrov-Lapointe duo was a stopgap for this past draft and that someone with a more proven track record was going to be brought in. Now it looks that we have 4 musketeers with Bobrov and Lapointe sitting in the stands with HuGo at tournaments.

Is Daniel Doré any good? Thought he was on his way here.

A few of our longstanding scouts left but I didn’t notice whether we poached anyone.

Scouting is the bread and butter of a development-focused management. I thought scouts became more readily available in the summer and that hirings would follow. Instead, it just looks to me that they didn’t do a whole lot to upgrade their scouting contingent but maybe I’m wrong and someone can provide a clearer picture.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Only one Im iffy about is Bobrov and that can quickly change depending on how Slafkovsky does as we know that Bobrov was a huge advocate for him.
The way I see it is who do you want to see score for the habs? Slaf or Wright? I really didn’t like Wright’s attitude and it doesn’t matter to me if he ends up scoring more points. Who do you want to cheer for?

Reactions: Doc5

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
-I feel like we could have been more patient with the Toffoli trade
-Borbov has a catastrophic draft record and we did nothing to add competent scouts to fix the issue that has been present since MB got here
-Would have preferred Wright over Slaf and Firkus over Beck
-Not happy with 13th for Dach (Romanov for Dach on its own is fine but with Nazar being available and picked at 13th it hurts)
-I feel like we gave up on Petry for an inferior player and didn't really save much cap space

Pretty happy with everything else. The two biggest factors are if we made the right choice with having Borbov in charge and Slaf as our #1 pick. If they don't pan out then all the optimism with the new management is gone.

Reactions: Gravity

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It's worth taking the gamble. Even if Dach doesn't pan out I think that trade was worth it.

Only thing that got me worried is that we traded against Uncle Lou. That guy knows what he's doing.
Gave up Bo Horvat for Cory Schneider…

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
-I feel like we could have been more patient with the Toffoli trade
-Borbov has a catastrophic draft record and we did nothing to add competent scouts to fix the issue that has been present since MB got here
-Would have preferred Wright over Slaf and Firkus over Beck
-Not happy with 13th for Dach (Romanov for Dach on its own is fine but with Nazar being available and picked at 13th it hurts)
-I feel like we gave up on Petry for an inferior player and didn't really save much cap space

Pretty happy with everything else. The two biggest factors are if we made the right choice with having Borbov in charge and Slaf as our #1 pick. If they don't pan out then all the optimism with the new management is gone.
I don’t agree with most of what you said

Reactions: jrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad