Value of: Huberdeau to NYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kreider isn't garbage but why would Florida say yes?

Powerforwards take longer to develop, but it's concerning that Kreiders numbers have only gone down and his best season was few years ago.
Doesn't look promising.

Btw what stats are u looking at??? He tied his career high in goals last year and was only 3 points lower than the previous year . without a doubt could have played much better last year and easily buried 25-30

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Lol very funny. Maybe huberdeau will get to play in 60 plus playoff games in his career including a Stanley cup final and to a 7th game in an eastern conference final. All in only 4 postseasons. Oops forgot huberdeau's only been in 6 playoff games in the same amount of time .

Don't bother, the dude is just making nonsensical posts.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
Read my text I never said Florida would do that trade straight up I was just defending kreider to some of the nonsense being spewed on here. He had a mediocre season and still put up 21 goals. U put him on a very talented first line with the likes of Barkov and I have no doubt he scores 25-30. The guys is 25!!! To think he still can't score 25-30 goals consistently is ridiculous and he's already proven he can score in the playoffs

Again he had that season in 13-14, not that promising.
He's young but hasn't been able to take the next step.

PensFan12

Apr 12, 2016
Really leaves nothing for Florida. But if you want proposals I'll give it my best shot.

Nash @ 50% retained + Kreider + Klein @ 50% retained + Lundqvist at @ 50% retained + 2018 1st + 2017 2nd

for

Huberdeau + Luongo

Not even sure if that works salary cap wise and I don't feel like checking.

I hope you're joking...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Again he had that season in 13-14, not that promising.
He's young but hasn't been able to take the next step.

Again not quite sure what stats you're looking at. Had 21 goals and 46 points In 2014-2015 and last year had 21 and 43.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
Again not quite sure what stats you're looking at. Had 21 goals and 46 points In 2014-2015 and last year had 21 and 43.

13-14 37 points in 66 games, 13 points in 15 playoff games. His best year.

14-15 46 points in 80 games, 9 points in 19 playoff games.

15-16 43 points in 79 games, 2 points in 5 playoff games.
Where is the actual development? Not even 1 50 point season for him.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
13-14 37 points in 66 games, 13 points in 15 playoff games. His best year.

14-15 46 points in 80 games, 9 points in 19 playoff games.

15-16 43 points in 79 games, 2 points in 5 playoff games.
Where is the actual development?

I watched every game kreider play last year and admittedly he was super inconsistent and he still scored a career high in goals. He still has the raw tools to be a 25-30 goal scorer in this league and him on a line with Barkov easily scores that amount. He hasnt shown a decline and to say he wont or cant improve is false! Also btw Huberdeau didn't improve on his point production from 2014-2015 to 2015-2016 and he has 6 career playoff games so anointing him a stud may be a bit premature although like I said before I really like him and think he has tremendous abilities .

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I watched every game kreider play last year and admittedly he was super inconsistent and he still scored a career high in goals. He still has the raw tools to be a 25-30 goal scorer in this league and him on a line with Barkov easily scores that amount. He hasnt shown a decline and to say he wont or cant improve is false! Also btw Huberdeau didn't improve on his point production from 2014-2015 to 2015-2016 and he has 6 career playoff games so anointing him a stud may be a bit premature although like I said before I really like him and think he has tremendous abilities .

This means?

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Hey I've just left 7 assets unavailable.
Would you say no to Kreider+2nd+Halverson/Shesterkin/whichever prospect you want?
We also have Klein, Hayes, Fast, Nash, McIlrath...not exactly scraps.

Klein's good. Hayes, Fast meh. Nash is good but overpaid and declining. McIlrath still needs to show that he can be good long term. To get a guy like Huberdeau, Kreider+2nd just isn't going to do it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not happening. How about a proper rebuild for the Rangers?

Gorton is finding out the hard way that it's hard to rebuild when no one wants your assets.

His strategy has been....not what I would have done.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Florida is building a really interesting team. What would they need if they aren't willing/able to resign Huberdeau?

I'm thinking of him for the Rangers because we could use a regular young 50+ point producer to replace Yandle's productivity (we haven't made any move so far to solve this). He's young and we could resign him long term for around 5 millions.
Maybe somehting around Kreider? He produces less but has a unique skill set in the league and maybe with a change of scenery he can have a boost. Florida would be feared with guys like Kreider, Hayes, Bjustad, Crouse...
MY PROPOSAL: Chris Kreider + Igor Shesterkin (probably our best prospect right now) + 2nd round pick in 2018 for Jonathan Huberdeau
If your counteroffer could exclude Brassard, Miller, Zuccarello, McDonagh, Buchnevich, Skjei and our 1st round pick it would be great, but it's not strictly required.

haha I like how OP ties to sell Shesterkin as their best prospect then lists two other prospects in the untouchables list. Very suspicious.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Florida is building a really interesting team. What would they need if they aren't willing/able to resign Huberdeau?

I'm thinking of him for the Rangers because we could use a regular young 50+ point producer to replace Yandle's productivity (we haven't made any move so far to solve this). He's young and we could resign him long term for around 5 millions.
Maybe somehting around Kreider? He produces less but has a unique skill set in the league and maybe with a change of scenery he can have a boost. Florida would be feared with guys like Kreider, Hayes, Bjustad, Crouse...
MY PROPOSAL: Chris Kreider + Igor Shesterkin (probably our best prospect right now) + 2nd round pick in 2018 for Jonathan Huberdeau
If your counteroffer could exclude Brassard, Miller, Zuccarello, McDonagh, Buchnevich, Skjei and our 1st round pick it would be great, but it's not strictly required.

Fair trade of assets however Florida is built to win now and wouldn't take on futures to make a deal like this

A better route for FLA might be trading Huber + to Toronto for JVR or something along those lines

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
haha I like how OP ties to sell Shesterkin as their best prospect then lists two other prospects in the untouchables list. Very suspicious.

That's because we have a deep G pool and he is surplus rather than an indication of his potential/readiness. He performed well for a top KHL team and dominated lower levels at 20 for a goalie, which is rare. The 2 untouchables are helping us this year whereas Shesh may be 2 years from coming over to NA.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not that your assessment is wrong but do you have anything better to do than to wait for Rangers trades and then trash them. You know that you don't have to troll.

Man, if what I typed here is considered "trolling", I dunno what to say. You act like all I do is wait around for horrible Rangers proposals, but have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, the reason you think I just post in Rangers threads all day is because I post in a lot of threads all day, but you don't notice them?

It's a she and she knows nothing about the Rangers. She's been doing this garbage since the Nash saga 4 years ago. Pompous arroagance and ignorance to the highest degree. Tried telling me 2 years ago that she watched the Rangers a lot but when I asked what our lines were, she posted lines that AV hadn't used in over 2 months and then blocked me after I called her out on her BS.

Don't even bother. She's a joke.

Clearly I haven't blocked you. :laugh:. But okay buddy, whatever makes you feel better? I honestly can't believe you're still holding onto whatever I did two years ago when I can't remember you at all.

At least I'm not the one whose fanbase pretends that a 25 year old Kreider still has "potential". Gotta say, the state of the Rangers is pretty hilarious to me right now. And really, was I wrong about Nash?

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Kreider isn't garbage but why would Florida say yes?

Powerforwards take longer to develop, but it's concerning that Kreiders numbers have only gone down and his best season was few years ago.
That's not the development you want to see from a powerforward.

His numbers have gone down???

Having an opinion on a player is fine, even if you don't watch him. However, at least do you homework on him.

He had a whopping 3 less points in 2016 in 1 less game played. Same amount of goals.

If you wanted to say he plateau'd, I'd even be fine with that. But gone down??? You couldn't be more wrong. You look absolutely clueless saying things like that.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid

Skjei and Buch almost sure will be full time NHLers next season. You can call them prospects but both have experience in men leagues.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
His numbers have gone down???

Having an opinion on a player is fine, even if you don't watch him. However, at least do you homework on him.

He had a whopping 3 less points in 2016 in 1 less game played. Same amount of goals.

If you wanted to say he plateau'd, I'd even be fine with that. But gone down??? You couldn't be more wrong. You look absolutely clueless saying things like that.

I don't always agree w/AA on EVERYthing, but the above is a typical example of how it appears 99% of the time he gets the facts right. :yo::handclap:

Also being generous about saying the plateau was reached, because it discounts whether or not any factors holding CK back - ie coach Vigneault / playing so many change of linemates on shifts etc - will be overcome, resulting in more productivity, which I go on record to say expect, and if we can AV, I guarantee.

No disputing what AA said though, technically correct based on math. That's why I said 'guilty' of being generous, not wrong.

Huberdeaur
For
Kreider
2017 1st rounder

Thank you no
let's try some other currency besides the 1 Ranger everyone asks for which we least want or least can afford to move.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Huby is really overrated and not worth it and for sure not worth the stupid money our management is probably going to throw at him next year (6mil+). Not happy about that.

What?? :huh:

Huberdeau had a great season, and will continue to improve. He is certainly not overrated.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Man, if what I typed here is considered "trolling", I dunno what to say. You act like all I do is wait around for horrible Rangers proposals, but have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, the reason you think I just post in Rangers threads all day is because I post in a lot of threads all day, but you don't notice them?

Clearly I haven't blocked you. :laugh:. But okay buddy, whatever makes you feel better? I honestly can't believe you're still holding onto whatever I did two years ago when I can't remember you at all.

At least I'm not the one whose fanbase pretends that a 25 year old Kreider still has "potential". Gotta say, the state of the Rangers is pretty hilarious to me right now. And really, was I wrong about Nash?

Allanis, that you?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

I would 100% move Brassard or Zucc in a deal for Huberdeau.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

There is a way you can unblock people. ;)

Holding onto? I see the same garbage over and over again from you in every Ranger thread. Maybe if you would stop pretending to know everything about our players when you know nothing and then spouting off crap, you wouldn't have to deal with everyone in these threads telling you the same thing.

What's the common underlier in all of these threads? Ranger fans calling you out on your bs.

You're some regular Joe Schmoe, well not even in this case because you don't even watch him play, but he's actually become a better well rounded player with each season he's played. You wouldn't know this because you only go by stats. You don't actually watch.

And yes, you said that the Rangers would have to pay Stepan, Kreider and Miller to get Nash, and that clearly never happened.

Just like you were wrong when you said Stepan, Hagelin and Nash were playing together when they hadn't in over 2 months at the time of that post.

Your act is old. Get lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad