Value of: Huberdeau to NYR

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Florida is building a really interesting team. What would they need if they aren't willing/able to resign Huberdeau?

I'm thinking of him for the Rangers because we could use a regular young 50+ point producer to replace Yandle's productivity (we haven't made any move so far to solve this). He's young and we could resign him long term for around 5 millions.
Maybe somehting around Kreider? He produces less but has a unique skill set in the league and maybe with a change of scenery he can have a boost. Florida would be feared with guys like Kreider, Hayes, Bjustad, Crouse...
MY PROPOSAL: Chris Kreider + Igor Shesterkin (probably our best prospect right now) + 2nd round pick in 2018 for Jonathan Huberdeau
If your counteroffer could exclude Brassard, Miller, Zuccarello, McDonagh, Buchnevich, Skjei and our 1st round pick it would be great, but it's not strictly required.

Last edited:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
So basically everything is available except the good pieces you have. But hey you left the average players and the late round picks available.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Hey I've just left 7 assets unavailable.
Would you say no to Kreider+2nd+Halverson/Shesterkin/whichever prospect you want?
We also have Klein, Hayes, Fast, Nash, McIlrath...not exactly scraps.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How about McDonagh to the Panthers, except Barkov, Ekblad, Huberdeau, Yandle, Demers, Matheson, Bjugstad, Trocheck, and 1st round picks are off the table?

The Rangers roster is pretty garbage outside of the players you listed. Your prospects are pure poop besides Buchnevich. You've left nothing desirable on the table.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why would they trade Huberdeau who has great chemistry with Barkov and can create their top line for the next 10 years?

Their owners want to win the Cup now, trading Huberdeau for those players/prospects doesn't really make sense.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
How about McDonagh to the Panthers, except Barkov, Ekblad, Huberdeau, Yandle, Demers, Matheson, Bjugstad, Trocheck, and 1st round picks are off the table?

The Rangers roster is pretty garbage outside of the players you listed.

Ok whatever...forget about my list, what would you demand from the Rangers, McDonagh is his price? You don't really think that, right?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ok whatever...forget about my list, what would you demand from the Rangers, McDonagh is his price? You don't really think that, right?

Think what? I was being facetious by asking for one of the Rangers' best players but making a silly amount of Panthers' players untouchable to try and show you how ridiculous your OP was.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

No the thought is FLA will hold onto that player cause it makes them better now and in the future. There is no need or interest in trading him at all.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Really leaves nothing for Florida. But if you want proposals I'll give it my best shot.

Nash @ 50% retained + Kreider + Klein @ 50% retained + Lundqvist at @ 50% retained + 2018 1st + 2017 2nd

for

Huberdeau + Luongo

Not even sure if that works salary cap wise and I don't feel like checking.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Really leaves nothing for Florida. But if you want proposals I'll give it my best shot.

Nash @ 50% retained + Kreider + Klein @ 50% retained + Lundqvist at @ 50% retained + 2018 1st + 2017 2nd

for

Huberdeau + Luongo

Wow.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island

for

Huberdeau + Luongo

im hoping thats a joke lol

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid

for

Huberdeau + Luongo

Gross.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
Huby is really overrated and not worth it and for sure not worth the stupid money our management is probably going to throw at him next year (6mil+). Not happy about that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The Rangers roster is pretty garbage outside of the players you listed. Your prospects are pure poop besides Buchnevich. You've left nothing desirable on the table.

Not that your assessment is wrong but do you have anything better to do than to wait for Rangers trades and then trash them. You know that you don't have to troll.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Why would Florida not be willing/able to resign Huberdeau? I'm sure the Yandle & Demers signings were made with that in mind. They're already nearly $4MM under the cap right now, with another $7MM coming off the books at the end of the season, so I don't see the issue?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
The only reason Huberdeau would become available is that he's asking for stupid money, which would probably be around $6.5-7m. You're not signing him for $5m.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Not that your assessment is wrong but do you have anything better to do than to wait for Rangers trades and then trash them. You know that you don't have to troll.

There are a couple posters devoted to trolling Rangers trade proposals. He is one of them. Oh well.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Huby is really overrated and not worth it and for sure not worth the stupid money our management is probably going to throw at him next year (6mil+). Not happy about that.

Uh, no, he isn't overrated. He's rated as he should be. Young and continuing to improve. Great hands. Plays on the top line and has great chemistry with Barkov.
You don't like him? That's fine, but he's not overrated.

I get that you'd want a player to be on your team, but that doesn't mean the Panthers will move him. You'd have to do it in a way that would make the Panthers not be able to say no to it. Meaning, you have to go over his 'value.' Players don't get wait HFers usually believe they will, but right now management wants to keep him with Barkov.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Florida is building a really interesting team. What would they need if they aren't willing/able to resign Huberdeau?

I'm thinking of him for the Rangers because we could use a regular young 50+ point producer to replace Yandle's productivity (we haven't made any move so far to solve this). He's young and we could resign him long term for around 5 millions.
Maybe somehting around Kreider? He produces less but has a unique skill set in the league and maybe with a change of scenery he can have a boost. Florida would be feared with guys like Kreider, Hayes, Bjustad, Crouse...
MY PROPOSAL: Chris Kreider + Igor Shesterkin (probably our best prospect right now) + 2nd round pick in 2018 for Jonathan Huberdeau
If your counteroffer could exclude Brassard, Miller, Zuccarello, McDonagh, Buchnevich, Skjei and our 1st round pick it would be great, but it's not strictly required.

We traded away Jimmy Hayes and Kevin Hayes is not in your proposal so I'm lost right there. I personally think Huberdeau will further prove he's a high level playmaker and hits 60pts and above this year. No way you're getting him for $5million per. Closer to $6mil or $6.5 mil if he has another 55+ pt season.

Some panthers fans feel he is overrated but other than his sophomore season, he's improved every year and added a bit of grit to his game.

I say no thank you, we will have enough money for him at 5-6yrs//$30-36 million total.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad