Value of: Huberdeau to NYR

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I don't care what your roster looks like or what your team is trying to do, if you would prefer Kreider over Huberdeau you're insane. Kreider is a good player, but Huberdeau is a stud.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I don't care what your roster looks like or what your team is trying to do, if you would prefer Kreider over Huberdeau you're insane. Kreider is a good player, but Huberdeau is a stud.

I'd say Kreider is a good player. Huberdeau is a great player. Barkov is the stud, and Jagr is a beauty.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
Krieder + Skapski + Lindberg for Hubs?

Wrong time to start selling best players for depth.

Sasha, Huby, Trocheck, Bjugstag, Smith, Crouse, McCann, Hawryluk, Hunt, Marchessault, all 25 or younger
Forwards who could be fighting for spots at the camp.

Last edited:

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Rags don't have pieces for Huberdeau. It's funny how they think Chris Kreider is worth building a package around for Hubs. Kreider is a middle 6 player who has already peaked. Not worth more than a 2nd or 2nd and 3rd round picks. Nowhere near the value of a Huberdeau.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rags don't have pieces for Huberdeau. It's funny how they think Chris Kreider is worth building a package around for Hubs. Kreider is a middle 6 player who has already peaked. Not worth more than a 2nd or 2nd and 3rd round picks. Nowhere near the value of a Huberdeau.

25 and has already peaked??

And I'm fine with what he is, if he's already peaked. For what management evenvisions what this roster is, a contender, Kreider is perfect as a 20-23 goal scoring top 6 forward that brings more to the ice than just goals. The problem is the roster surrounding him is flawed. Highly flawed.

AND he's a guy that brings his best come playoff time. Nearly every big playoff win we've had since 2012, he's been at the front and center.

Why hasn't Huberdeau peaked yet? Is that 2 years that big of a difference?

It must've sucked that the extent of your playoff rooting (whoever the Rangers play) came to an early end this postseason.

Last edited:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
25 and has already peaked??

And I'm fine with what he is, if he's already peaked. For what management evenvisions what this roster is, a contender, Kreider is perfect as a 20-23 goal scoring top 6 forward that brings more to the ice than just goals.

AND he's a guy that brings his best come playoff time. Nearly every big playoff win we've had since 2012, he's been at the front and center.

Why hasn't Huberdeau peaked yet? Is that 2 years that big of a difference?

Its not the years its the size. Huberdeau is extremely undersized took him a while to get going. He'll get better from here on out with experience. Still needs to improve his skating. The trade isn't so far fetched (Kreider-Huberdeau) I can see the Panthers coveting a speedy winger with their new emphasis on speed and transition.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Its not the years its the size. Huberdeau is extremely undersized took him a while to get going. He'll get better from here on out with experience. Still needs to improve his skating. The trade isn't so far fetched (Kreider-Huberdeau) I can see the Panthers coveting a speedy winger with their new emphasis on speed and transition.

Of course Hub hasn't peaked yet. Neither has Kreider.

It's pretty remarkable Kreider has become the player he is despite every coach he's had has put him in a position to fail. Torts refused to play him for whatever reason. While under AV this past season every established player we have either had the worst season of their careers or regressed hard.

Watching AV nearly sabotage this season for some absurd reason and then watching what Sullivan did with the Penguins made me realize coaching is more important than I ever even realized.

Trading him for bit pieces would be a mistake.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
So Bjugstad + pick/prospect for Zucs? Can I ask why you want to do that type of trade?

Zuccarello is one of the most underrated players in the entire league and is a great facilitator of offense. He's got a great set of hands and a good shot with excellent on ice vision.

Not a guy I'm looking to get rid of unless it's for an upgrade there.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Zuccarello is one of the most underrated players in the entire league and is a great facilitator of offense. He's got a great set of hands and a good shot with excellent on ice vision.

Fair enough, we're not going to let Bjugstad go for picks and prospects though. I said before, Rangers and Panthers don't really make good trading partners.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

I'd prefer if we're trading Zuc (or really anyone outside JT, Kreider, Hayes, Buch, Skjei and Rath) that we get younger players, almost NHL ready prospects or picks in return.

For instance, Steen is an upgrade over Zuccarello. But that does nothing for us.

I guess it's just my perspective that we're just wasting time until we eventually start our rebuild if we're one of the worst teams in the league within the next few years (and we are certainly on that track).

We are going to have to be OK "losing" trades in the present for a long-term gain. That is how it usually works. You trade the established player for the less established pieces.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Huby is really overrated and not worth it and for sure not worth the stupid money our management is probably going to throw at him next year (6mil+). Not happy about that.

Ha our best winger is overrated? We haven't even seen the best of him yet and has shown he can go on lengthy ppg streaks... if he doesn't come out slow he will be 25 goals 45 assist this year... that's not really replaceable

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lmao at the people talking about krieder likes he's a scrub and having the "knowledge" to say he's peaked. 25 year old power forward with speed who's peaked. Ok sure. I guess they haven't seen him perform in the playoffs. I like Huberdeau and always have. Doesn't hurt he plays with a stud like barkov who's incredible.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Lmao at the people talking about krieder likes he's a scrub and having the "knowledge" to say he's peaked. 25 year old power forward with speed who's peaked. Ok sure. I guess they haven't seen him perform in the playoffs. I like Huberdeau and always have. Doesn't hurt he plays with a stud like barkov who's incredible.

Kreider is a decent middle 6 guy. He's not a top line guy. How that is equivalent to a younger Huberdeau who is a top line guy is beyond me.

You're looking at like 2017 1st, 2018 1st, and Kreider for Huberdeau, and even then Florida probably passes.
This nonsense that he's clutch in playoffs is just that- utter nonsense. His numbers are marginally better than in the regular season, and to say the least his numbers are underwhelming. Plus, he's a dirty player who crashes into goalies and opponents with an intent to injure. Not surprising from the Rags.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Really leaves nothing for Florida. But if you want proposals I'll give it my best shot.

Nash @ 50% retained + Kreider + Klein @ 50% retained + Lundqvist at @ 50% retained + 2018 1st + 2017 2nd

for

Huberdeau + Luongo

Not even sure if that works salary cap wise and I don't feel like checking.

If this is serious at all your making the OP look good. Let's see if the Rangers can add another piece or two but clearly at 50% retained. :laugh:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Huby is really overrated and not worth it and for sure not worth the stupid money our management is probably going to throw at him next year (6mil+). Not happy about that.

Wow I think your way way off here and I would take him on my team in a heartbeat at 6 mil range.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Really leaves nothing for Florida. But if you want proposals I'll give it my best shot.

Nash @ 50% retained + Kreider + Klein @ 50% retained + Lundqvist at @ 50% retained + 2018 1st + 2017 2nd

for

Huberdeau + Luongo

Not even sure if that works salary cap wise and I don't feel like checking.

1. Awful proposal.
2. There are only two retention spots.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Doesn't necessarily have to be Huberdeau.

But at the same time FLA just locked up all their young pieces.

The guy I'd specifically want is Bjugstad.

As would most the rest of the league. But really does it make any sense for FLA to deal any of their young talent at this point the moves are done and they will be happy to sit back and see how it comes together next season before thinking about making adjustments to the lineup.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016

Kreider isn't garbage but why would Florida say yes?

Powerforwards take longer to develop, but it's concerning that Kreiders numbers have only gone down and his best season was few years ago.
That's not the development you want to see from a powerforward.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kreider is a decent middle 6 guy. He's not a top line guy. How that is equivalent to a younger Huberdeau who is a top line guy is beyond me.

You're looking at like 2017 1st, 2018 1st, and Kreider for Huberdeau, and even then Florida probably passes.
This nonsense that he's clutch in playoffs is just that- utter nonsense. His numbers are marginally better than in the regular season, and to say the least his numbers are underwhelming. Plus, he's a dirty player who crashes into goalies and opponents with an intent to injure. Not surprising from the Rags.

Lol very funny. Maybe huberdeau will get to play in 60 plus playoff games in his career including a Stanley cup final and to a 7th game in an eastern conference final. All in only 4 postseasons. Oops forgot huberdeau's only been in 6 playoff games in the same amount of time .

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kreider isn't garbage but why would Florida say yes?

Powerforwards take longer to develop, but it's cocerning that Kreiders numbers have only gone down and his best season was few years ago.
Doesn't look promising.

Read my text I never said Florida would do that trade straight up I was just defending kreider to some of the nonsense being spewed on here. He had a mediocre season and still put up 21 goals. U put him on a very talented first line with the likes of Barkov and I have no doubt he scores 25-30. The guys is 25!!! To think he still can't score 25-30 goals consistently is ridiculous and he's already proven he can score in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad