Value of: Huberdeau to NYR

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Huberdau's a good player, Florida's a good team. Both are quickly getting better, no way should Florida trade Huberdau.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The original proposal is based around Kreider and Huberdeau. The gap between the two is not that big. Huberdeau puts up more points, but Kreider plays a rougher more physical game and is more clutch. You can take one of the other depending on team needs. Personally, I'd prefer Kreider on the Flames. I can also see why Florida would want to keep Huberdeau, who has chemistry with Barkov.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
The original proposal is based around Kreider and Huberdeau. The gap between the two is not that big. Huberdeau puts up more points, but Kreider plays a rougher more physical game and is more clutch. You can take one of the other depending on team needs. Personally, I'd prefer Kreider on the Flames. I can also see why Florida would want to keep Huberdeau, who has chemistry with Barkov.

There's definitely a difference between them, Kreider is 25y and has never had a 50 point season.

Even if he was more physical that doesn't make up for the offensive difference they have or the fact Huby is 2years younger and has kept improving.

In It 2 Winnik

TankArmy4Puljujarvi
Dec 28, 2013
Toronto
Just a side note is Shesterkin really your top prospect besides Buchnevich? He was drafted in the fourth round and last year played 7 games going 5-2-0 with a 2.58 GAA and .912S%. Down from the previous year where he played 6 games, 3-0-3 with a 2.33, and .917S% all on the second best team in the KHL. Doesn't really scream top prospect to me.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
There's definitely a difference between them, Kreider is 25y and has never had a 50 point season.

Even if he was more physical that doesn't make up for the offensive difference they have or the fact Huby is 2years younger and has kept improving.

But Kreider has had a 46 point season. Kreider also had a playoff run where he had 13 points in 15 games.

I also really don't see these huge improvements in Huberdeau's game. He's been a pretty consistent mid 50s points guy. As for the age thing, Kreider is much more of a power forward, who typically take longer to develop.

Once again, I can see why Florida takes Huberdeau, but I would go with Kreider on the Flames. The gap between the two is not all that huge, and people need to stop acting like OP is offering hot garbage for a superstar.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
But Kreider has had a 46 point season. Kreider also had a playoff run where he had 13 points in 15 games.

I also really don't see these huge improvements in Huberdeau's game. He's been a pretty consistent mid 50s points guy. As for the age thing, Kreider is much more of a power forward, who typically take longer to develop.

Once again, I can see why Florida takes Huberdeau, but I would go with Kreider on the Flames. The gap between the two is not all that huge, and people need to stop acting like OP is offering hot garbage for a superstar.

His overall game has gotten better, his shot has gotten better and he has gotten stronger.

46 points isn't anything special and his numbers have actually just gone down, his highlight season was 13-14 season.
Huby hit 59 in 76 and his numbers have gone up with improved overall game.

Powerforwards develop slower but their prime doesn't last as long, but again with Kreider his numbers have only gone down.

No reason to trade younger 1st line winger for Kreider.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
These types of quantity for quality trades never happen unless a team has cap issues, the player wants out or something similar is going on.

Florida doesn't have any of these problems right now. If they can't get a deal done with Huby then it's a different story.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Not to contribute to the pile-on of OP's proposal (of asking for one of Florida's top pieces while taking NYR's top pieces off the board, LOL by the way) but the only reason why the Panthers would be open to trading Huberdeau is if contract negotiations completely fall off a cliff.

So let's play the speculation game and say that does happen, it wouldn't happen until the end of the 2017 season. Huberdeau is still restricted and his rights will be retained by the Panthers come July 1st. So why even speculate right now?

However, let's continue the speculation game and pretend that Huberdeau and the Panthers play a little negotiation hardball, Jagr's $4 million and Kindl's $2 million free up $6 million which is - GASP - the ceiling of what Huberdeau's agent is likely asking for. This isn't even accounting for the cap going up, which given recent trends will likely marginally rise year by year. Further, the Panthers are going to find more relief if they push up against the cap by getting Bolland's $5.5 million albatross of a contract off the books.

The Panthers are built to succeed now and in the future. All the puzzle pieces are starting to fit together for the first time in 20 years. They're going to have the cap space needed to keep their core together. Why would they trade away one of the cornerstones of their success; a top line winger who has improved every year and is entering his prime?

No dice, OP.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Not to contribute to the pile-on of OP's proposal (of asking for one of Florida's top pieces while taking NYR's top pieces off the board, LOL by the way) but the only reason why the Panthers would be open to trading Huberdeau is if contract negotiations completely fall off a cliff.

So let's play the speculation game and say that does happen, it wouldn't happen until the end of the 2017 season. Huberdeau is still restricted and his rights will be retained by the Panthers come July 1st. So why even speculate right now?

However, let's continue the speculation game and pretend that Huberdeau and the Panthers play a little negotiation hardball, Jagr's $4 million and Kindl's $2 million free up $6 million which is - GASP - the ceiling of what Huberdeau's agent is likely asking for. This isn't even accounting for the cap going up, which given recent trends will likely marginally rise year by year.

The Panthers are built to succeed now and in the future. All the puzzle pieces are starting to fit together for the first time in 20 years. Why would they trade away one of the cornerstones of their success; a top line winger who has improved every year and is entering his prime?

No dice, OP.

I'm putting Stepan, Zuccarello, Brassard, McDonagh, Klein on the board. Basically every current roster player outside Rath, Skjei, Hayes, Kreider and Buch should (as in Gorton should be open to trading all non-young guys, unless he wants to continue with this mediocre roster. Good luck with that) be available.

Obviously FLA has no need for Stepan or Brassard unless Bjugstad comes back.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I'm putting Stepan, Zuccarello, Brassard, McDonagh, Klein on the board. Basically every current roster player outside Rath, Skjei, Hayes, Kreider and Buch should (as in Gorton should be open to trading all non-young guys, unless he wants to continue with this mediocre roster. Good luck with that) be available.

Blah blah blah the Panthers still aren't interested. With Kulikov and Campbell gone Huberdeau is the longest tenured Florida Panther. For once there's light at the end of the tunnel for a god-forsaken cursed franchise. Still no dice.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Florida should really go after Zuccarello. Great contract, playing better every year, great twoway forward Who scored 60+ this season, can play both LW and RW, Would be perfect for their top line.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Nothing against Zucs or Stepan because they are solid players but I like Huberdeau a lot and the chemistry he has with Barkov and Jagr. As others said, unless his contract negotiations hit a road block, we will lock this guy up long term.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Nothing against Zucs or Stepan because they are solid players but I like Huberdeau a lot and the chemistry he has with Barkov and Jagr. As others said, unless his contract negotiations hit a road block, we will lock this guy up long term.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Huberdeau.

But at the same time FLA just locked up all their young pieces.

The guy I'd specifically want is Bjugstad.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Florida should really go after Zuccarello. Great contract, playing better every year, great twoway forward Who scored 60+ this season, can play both LW and RW, Would be perfect for their top line.

Zucc would be AWESOME in years time as Jagr replacement on that top line. I'd give up top tier prospect plus a 1st/2nd round pick and expiring contract if need be. 28/29 yrs is IDEAL age range looking at in next 1-3 yrs for this young core too.

I'd only put WPG and a few others organizations on par/better than us in prospect cupboards. We have everything literally and need to move some of them eventually for cup runs. No room for them all with all these guys locked in long term on solid term/$.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
So Bjugstad + pick/prospect for Zucs? Can I ask why you want to do that type of trade?

I'd do anything to get younger players in the organization. We have so few. And our older established players are taking us nowhere fast. The longer we wait to trade them the more they'll be depreciated by the time we actually decide to start the rebuild.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd do anything to get younger players in the organization. We have so few. And our older established players are taking us nowhere fast. The longer we wait to trade them the more they'll be depreciated by the time we actually decide to start the rebuild.

Understandable. I feel like Bjugstad needs a full healthy season to see what we're going to get from him. I think he has 30 goal potential in him but that's if he was to be converted to wing on a line with Huberdeau and Barkov.

I'd definitely be interested in a deal like that but probably next year when Jagr figures out what he wants to do. If he's staying in Florida he should be given reduced minutes to keep him fresh for playoffs. Zucs would be a solid replacement for Jagr moving forward if he doesn't stay. Trading Nick now leaves us with a bit of a hole on the 3rd line.

Good proposal but I'd need some time to think about if I'm doing it this year.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Florida is building a really interesting team. What would they need if they aren't willing/able to resign Huberdeau?

I'm thinking of him for the Rangers because we could use a regular young 50+ point producer to replace Yandle's productivity (we haven't made any move so far to solve this). He's young and we could resign him long term for around 5 millions.
Maybe somehting around Kreider? He produces less but has a unique skill set in the league and maybe with a change of scenery he can have a boost. Florida would be feared with guys like Kreider, Hayes, Bjustad, Crouse...
MY PROPOSAL: Chris Kreider + Igor Shesterkin (probably our best prospect right now) + 2nd round pick in 2018 for Jonathan Huberdeau
If your counteroffer could exclude Brassard, Miller, Zuccarello, McDonagh, Buchnevich, Skjei and our 1st round pick it would be great, but it's not strictly required.

That leaves practically nothing for Florida.

Why would they trade Huberdeau who has great chemistry with Barkov and can create their top line for the next 10 years?

Their owners want to win the Cup now, trading Huberdeau for those players/prospects doesn't really make sense.

The OP needs to admit that we should NOT be trading our younger core -- Kreider, Miller, Skjei -- but instead the vet core: Stepan, Brassard, Zuc, Nash.

NY is not giving up Kreider for equal value; they will extend long term, hopefully 8 years to drive down avg season salary to somewhere around 4.3 +/-, which will further increase his value.

We understand Huberdeau you wanna keep, you only put him on the table if the $$ gets too crazy. If and when you get THERE, let us know, we can talk around the aforesaid vet core.

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
Something around Kreider for Hub makes some sense but as a Ranger fan given Lundy's age and how long it takes goalies to really be ready and develop. I am not moving Igor - Huska/Halverson maybe.

Could be bias but he seems like the "real deal" given his age. The VHL is certainly not the best gauge of competition but his numbers were staggeringly good.

SKA St. Petersburg KHL - 2.58 .912
SKA-Neva St. Petersburg VHL - 1.19 .954

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Not that your assessment is wrong but do you have anything better to do than to wait for Rangers trades and then trash them. You know that you don't have to troll.

There are a couple posters devoted to trolling Rangers trade proposals. He is one of them. Oh well.

It's a she and she knows nothing about the Rangers. She's been doing this garbage since the Nash saga 4 years ago. Pompous arroagance and ignorance to the highest degree. Tried telling me 2 years ago that she watched the Rangers a lot but when I asked what our lines were, she posted lines that AV hadn't used in over 2 months and then blocked me after I called her out on her BS.

Don't even bother. She's a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad