Confirmed with Link: Hronek traded to Vancouver for ‘23 1st (NYI) and ‘23 2nd (VAN)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Stevie really does keep a tight-lipped ship eh? Or perhaps this deal got worked out in a matter of hours?

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Still mulling this over.

Part of me felt like Hronek was really never Yzerman’s preferred type of player, and I don’t necessarily hate cashing in on a strong year.

On the other hand, experienced posters should know that a mid first or an early second can evaporate into nothing very easily, and we’ve spent far more on players that ended up much worse than Hronek.

Curious to see what follows. I will miss Hronek, regardless of value. And the team will certainly miss his production.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I wonder how much back-lash people would have gotten bringing up the idea of trading him prior to this.

Idk what to think... ok trade but, is this it? Seems like there's got to be more coming.

Reactions: raymond23

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Wow, Hronek has been launched into a sun for a good return! I like it.

I wonder if Yzerman's bringing in another RD.

Reactions: David D

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Absolutely love the strategy here, as I’m also betting the NYI 1st becomes a lottery pick (and mid round at worst). That 2nd is basically a low end 1st if it’s Vancouver’s. Another couple kicks at the can. No need for Hronek when Ed and Wallinder are already capable of filling those skates at baseline.

Expected one of Bert, Vrana, Zadina to catch a flight first but this also makes a ton of sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad