Confirmed with Link: Hronek traded to Vancouver for ‘23 1st (NYI) and ‘23 2nd (VAN)

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
So the obvious question is do we want the pick this year or next? If it’s this year it will be 13 or later. On the other hand a healthy season from Horvat and Barzal could have the islanders in the playoff mix next season.

Last edited:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I wonder how much back-lash people would have gotten bringing up the idea of trading him prior to this.

Idk what to think... ok trade but, is this it? Seems like there's got to be more coming.
Are you new here? Most Wings fans have been making Hronek proposals for literally years now, and a lot - if not most Wings fans - have been on board with the idea, even when the proposed return for Hronek was something like a 2nd round pick + B prospect. (I could swear there are posters here who have outright stated Hronek would never land a 1st, let alone a mid-first and a high 2nd to boot).

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Pretty shocked, i always liked Hronek. Would have been happy to see him stay but we got 2 good assets and more cap flexibility (we already had a ton) and Yzerman can go acquire someone that fits his plan, or simply graduate a prospect or one of our depth guys if the plan is to sink lower.

Not sure I get the move by Vancouver..

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Hronek for what will likely be a single mid-round 1st and 2nd. A 25 year old 50 point defenseman that is under a fairly cheap contract for like 3 more years.

Unless Yzerman is pulling in Chychrun or Gostisbehere, I don't understand this move. To me it reeks of saving money.
To me it reeks of Hronek not fitting the vision that Yzerman has. Nothing to do with saving money - unless you're talking about saving money on Hronek to allocate to a better player.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Are you new here? Most Wings fans have been making Hronek proposals for literally years now, and a lot - if not most Wings fans - have been on board with the idea, even when the proposed return for Hronek was something like a 2nd round pick + B prospect. (I could swear there are posters here who have outright stated Hronek would never land a 1st, let alone a mid-first and a high 2nd to boot).
TBH I haven't seen one person suggest trading him within this season. Last year, and year prior, sure.

Crickets this year. Ogee been slandered all year for wanting to trade him in years prior.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
A first and a second is fine by me. I liked Hronek but at least this is a case of selling high, something we should have done with Bertuzzi IMO.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
To me it reeks of Hronek not fitting the vision that Yzerman has. Nothing to do with saving money - unless you're talking about saving money on Hronek to allocate to a better player.

And what about when next season starts and we're rolling with Walman, Maatta, Seider, Chiarot as our top-4 and didn't do anything except bring in Edvinsson? And we're still wasting time with AHL scrubs on the 3rd pair.

And it sounds like the pick is protected this season so it's basically Hronek for a low first and a second. That's a bad trade.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad