How You/Your Team Did Thread

AG9NK35DT8*

Well the last league I played in was a roller hockey league we finished with a 13-2 record. Beat the previous 2 championship winners and lost to 2 ok teams. We made second in the division and lost in the first payoff game to the 7th seed. Our team was completley broken down and the guys that put the #'s , did nothing . We lost 5-4 in OT. That is my story, and yes I am willing to do an " e- true hollywood story ' on the famous life I lived.

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
AG said:
Man you team must be good because you scored more goals then you had shots! Also its kind of hard to believe you played the first 28 minutes of a game. :shakehead

i meant to say lost 5-0....if you read the thread i did say we were bounced in teh first round of the playoffs...i did in fact play the first 28 minutes too...i normally play somewhere between 35-40 a game, depending on the team...somewhere in the high 20s if its an easy team....we dont have alot of depth (5 d), and 3 of them are pylons....so i just stay out there until the game get out of hand or until i pass out

PJ Wiggum

Jun 7, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
Just last week my team won the Joe Lamontagne tournament in Dartmouth/Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. Yesterday we won 2 games against Sussex to give us the #1 ranking in the playoffs over Moncton while we have a game in hand. I have 17g and 20a in 45 games playing mostly as the checking centre and on the penalty kill. With 2 games left we lost 4 players to suspension because the coach of the other team sent goons out to injure us in the last five minutes, so our coach took all the small players off the ice and let his son go (he is 6' and 220lbs). It was a complete shame it had to happen.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

same here...there's a broad range of ability in our league...
a few former NCAA Div. I players (from Princeton, UNH, CC, LSSU), one former San Diego Gull, a few guys from Montreal/Quebeckistan, and a former Verdun jr. A level, and a few Minnesota prep school/academy.
then there's players like me :confused:
we're well represented internationally, too... Slovakia, Finland.

the team i play on, Red Leafs, were just eliminated last weekend from the semifinals... [CLICHE' ALERT] backs up against the wall, we were down 3-1 late in the 2nd and scored with under a min left.
midway thru the 3rd we tie it at 3, only to give up a goal with around 2:00 mins left... since our captain claims the pulled netminder has never worked in the history of our league, we remain at 5 on 5, cycling an entire min+ straight and tie it AGAIN with about 40 seconds left.. even the two teams that were there for the following semifinal game were going nuts (because they'd rather play us than the team with all the Montreal talent).. so we force it to OT, but are thwarted when they nailed home the heartbreaker and the series clincher.
have never been part of a game with quite this much intensity and emotion, likewise have not ever been this dejected after a loss (just turned 36 and i've been playing since i am 9)... since we were the home team my line was matched up every shift v. their top line... i am still covered with bruises over a week later, the Quebecker line was brutal, i imagine it was like a borderline NHL'er having to match up against a line of Messier, Forsberg, and Rocket Richard all in their elbows-up prime...a lesson well learned.
the most gratifying part of it is that this league is hella competitive and this was the first time in three seasons that we made the playoffs.
i didn't even take a week off, played some pickup yesterday but definitely felt the burn of a Sept-March season just ended.

EndBoards said:
My league is all mixed - we've got former NCCA, Minor League, and Junior A players out there with complete newbies..

My team had lots of mid range guys, and we got killed. we were 1-13-1 and got beat 6-0 in our playoff game last night..

I'm 27 and have been playing for three years now, and I had a good session individually. 3 goals, 4 assists splitting time between Wing and Defense..

That's a huge improvement for me. In last year's first session I had 0G and 0A playing D and in the 2nd session I had 2G (empty netters) and 0A... Scoring 3 even strength goals and getting a few A's was a huge improvement for me. I was 5th on my team in scoring out of 15 players..

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Lost the 2nd game of a double knockout playoff format to a very good team. We are ouuuuuuuut.

Good thing the summer league starts in two weeks. :D

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
For my travel team (stars selects) we came seocnd in our league losing 2-1 in the final against a team we should have beat

my high school team is in the play offs right now.. knocked off the Coppell Cowboys last night and tomorrow take on Denton for division championships and if we win we got to the league semi's....

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
We won it all the other night.

Game one we were down 3-1 going into the third, came back and tied it all up. Overtime came, and the rules for OT here are that we start with 3 vs 3. I am out to begin the OT period. They get some good chances to score right away, almost ended it within the first 30 seconds.

We take it down the ice, my bud passes it off to me and I take a slapshot just inside the blue line. Puck goes hard off the goalie's shoulder and bounces into the slot where our other guy is to put it in. This is how we beat them last year in game one of the finals, in OT. They were upset to have let that one slip away.

Game two was friday, and thats where we wrapped it up. It was close until the end when they started to lose it. Couple of their guys were tossed. This is the third year in a row we've played these guys in the finals and we've won it each year. We have their number. Dynasty!

Coming into the season we lost some really good players, especially on offense. We lost 4 guys, who each scored at least 20 goals. We maybe picked up one guy to replace 20 goals lost. Still thats 60 goals that weren't going to be scored. We also lost our starting goalie of three years. So I was doubtful of what we would do this year. We finished second last with a total of 8 wins in 22 regular games.

As for myself, I was happy to be captain for a second year in a row. Last season I had 34 goals, and 60 points in 33 games. This year I had 42 goals and 55 points in 30 games. Just didn't have scoring linemates this year. This was most likely my last year in this league and it was nice to go out on top. I had a tear in my eye when I went to get the trophy. I've been on this team for four years, with the same group of guys. When I first came to this league, I had reached double digit goals once before. I owe a lot to this league for making me a better player.

Good times.

PF

Aug 23, 2003
UK
Visit site
Well, I played my first ever scrimmage style thing today, it was a no contact 4v4, no goalie thing we basically had to pass it around go end to end and hit a cone on the goal line but I enjoyed it. I can't skate though so I ended up falling down alot.
On the plus we won 5-0 despite my awful play...actual I think I did ok, some people were a bit impressed with my ability to fall down but keep the puck. Yes I play at a very low level, but aren't all the levels low in England?

I'll improve in time I'm sure.

BenderBooDangles16

Apr 21, 2005
pride

I played for the midget aaa capital centre pride and we faired very well in states actually and we finished 30th in the nation out of 125 teams or so, but to see a good article on us by united states hockey news visit this link

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
It's not ice hockey, but my ball hockey season started tonight. I play defense by the way. Unfortunately, we came out on the short end, losing 6-2. The score looks a lot worse than it actually was, as I felt that we were no worse than the other team. We just need to build some chemistry together.

First half (in our ball hockey league we play two 25 minute halves running time) was fairly even. They opened up the scoring about halfway into the half, shorthanded no less! :madfire: Couple of minutes later, one of our D takes a great slapshot and scores...into our own net! That pretty much took the wind out of our sails and they took a 2-0 lead to halftime.

Second half started similar to how the first ended. They got a quick goal to take a three goal lead. That third goal seemed to wake us up as we got two quick goals to pull within one. I was in one the second goal, getting an assist. Ball was loose just outside the blueline, and I was in a footrace with an opponent. He had a step on me so I slid soccer-style (not into him :teach: ) and poked the ball up to the winger who scored on a 2 on 1. After those two goals, you'd figure all the momentum was on our side. Yet for some reason, we all just stopped playing. They score three unanswered goals, all on turnovers and two through a screen. Our goalie did what he could but the D wasn't moving bodies in front of him and the forwards weren't generating a sustained attack in the offensive zone. Shots were 25-14 in their favour.

All in all, a game to build on (trying to look at the positives here). A few things that we need to address such as breakouts. Ours was non-existant, they had WAY too much time to break out. Hopefully things will improve in next week's game!

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
I coach an Orange County (Florida) Police Athletic League roller team and we made it to the championship last night. The great thing about these kids is that every one of them is what they classify as "at risk kids" (that being poor, from bad neighborhoods, etc.). Every one of my players put their first pair of skates on with the PAL program and over three years, they have drastically improved.

Needless to say, the odds are against them being that they are playing against kids who have played their whole lives, but nonetheless, they skate hard and compete every night.

Anyway, onto our championship game. Long story short, it's a 2-2 game in the 2nd OT when we go on a 4-2 PK. We kill off the 4-2 (after being short handed for 3.5 minutes straight), one of my kids takes the puck up and shoots just past center and it sneaks in low stick side for the winner. I can't explain how happy these kids were (14u BTW). Nearly everyone there was rooting for us so needless to say the crowd reaction was awesome.

This is the 3rd championship I have won with this team and EVERY time they have to make it exciting (previously, they had shootouts so their past 2 were shootout victories).

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
Well, it has been a few weeks now since my winter league wrapped-up, and the sting of a heartbreaking playoff loss has finally worn off. We finished the regular season 6th in our Rec league division, good for the final playoff spot. The format was double elimination knockout.

We played the #1 seed in our first game and lost 5-4 in OT. So, one more loss and we're done. We then went on an amazing run and won our next four games, sending four teams home in the process. We were back in the final, but having to beat the very same #1 seeded team twice due to the double elimination format.

First game we gained a measure of revenge, winning 5-4 in OT. The next night we lost 5-2 with the other team scoring an empty-netter. It was their 4th game of the playoffs - it was our 7th game in 10 nights. We were pretty well out of gas, and our goalie was pretty banged up.

Anyway, it was a hell of a run. It was fun to put a streak together where we really played well as a team.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Gators summer team after being unceremoniously dispatched in the winter league was the defending champions of our division.

Last year after a 2-3 start, a 13 game winning streak ensued, a single loss in the playoffs on the way to the championship.

This year, the league thought we were some hot stuff, so they bumped us a division. Needless to say after two early victories, losses of 9-1, 10-2, and 8-0 promptly ended the ill-fated experiment.

Last night back on track with a 5-4 victory(we played sloppy) with yours truly going 1-3-4. Although I did get clobbered with a dirty check on on of my helpers.(Non contact league people... :rant: :madfire: )

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
I see you play on the ERHL Gators team. I play in the ERHL as well, Red Barons. Last winter was our first season as a team. We played Div 5 for the first half of the year, Div 6 after that.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Wolfpack said:
I see you play on the ERHL Gators team. I play in the ERHL as well, Red Barons. Last winter was our first season as a team. We played Div 5 for the first half of the year, Div 6 after that.
In the winter, our average age was 30+(6 or so guys over 40) so we went in Division 8.(So we won't be playing you any time soon. ;) )

I like the league, seems to be run well, only one instance where only one ref showed up.(Only problem in two years so far)

I enjoy summer even more. Good group of guys.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
BooBlancRouge said:
Couple of minutes later, one of our D takes a great slapshot and scores...into our own net! That pretty much took the wind out of our sails and they took a 2-0 lead to halftime.

Wow, how does that happen? :dunno:

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
My Team: 60GP, 47W - 8L - 5T // HOME: 18W - 3L - 2T // ROAD: 29W - 5L - 3T

Me: 53GP, 21G, 22A, 43PTS, +51, 121PIM

Our team was one win away from going to the provincial championships, where a team we beat 4 out of 5 times won the tournament. :madfire:

felixno44

Jul 5, 2005
surrey, bc
i´m currently leading my league in goals (19 in 8 games)with 6 pts. behind the overall scoring leader. my team is 4th in the league right now.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Gators won yesterday to finish the semi finals in our division winning our best of 3 two games to none against a feisty Ice Hawks team.

Yours truly had three points in game one and two more in game two. A beauty goal in each game....one, stepped into a loose puck for a bullet slapshot that beat the goalie blocker....the other while standing at the far post and smacking a bouncing rebound top shelf.(Almost a golfing chip shot...)

Now on to the finals against the main rival and dastardly villain....the Outlaws. Should be a slobber knocking, ring a ding dong dandy. :)

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Last night the Gators dispatched the Outlaws 10-8 in a back and forth battle winning the division final 2 games to 0.

Back to back champions in the summer.

MiZZZike*

This spring I played for a Tournament Midget AA team, we won 2 or 3 out of 5 tournaments.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Figured I would post on here...my new season starts next week but last season I played in a League down in Fredericksburg VA...its made up of alot of older players well at least to me being only 20. in a game last season i had 5 goals and 3 assists. and we still lost the game :cry: right after that game i drove (what usually takes an hour) in 20 mins to a Jr B game in Dale City and played in a 2nd game where i lost in that league too....after the game i laid in the locker room and passed out!
I'll let you guys know about the new season in Dale City starting next week our team got bumped to the A league so should be fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad