How You/Your Team Did Thread

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
We had a game at 7 in the morning! Well, supposed to be. The manager of the arena arrived at 7:15AM to open the doors. Everyone was waiting inside their car because it was freezing outside. We finally started the game at 7:30AM. Just too bad, because if we had started at 7AM, the other team would have lost by default because not enough players. We were leading 2-0 in the second half of the game against the best team of the division. We are struggling to make the playoffs. We'll know for sure next Sunday. They finally scored when their pointman took a shot and one of our player perfectly screened our goalie's view! They tied the game with a ball that was loose in front of the net. You could see it roll, roll and and roll slowly but surely in our goalie's direction. It went in. :madfire: Their third goal? I don't remember how they did it, but I remember the pain I felt. They won't blame it on me because I wasn't on the ice when they scored that goal. I had two break-aways, no one behind me, all the time and space you could dream of, and all I could do is to shoot a 3-mile-an-hour shot on the goalie. On both occasions, the goalie did not move an inch, which just threw me off. I think I played my best game since I started playing in a ball hockey league last year. One more year, and I will be an average player. I'm the oldest of my team, 41, but I have a big heart. I play to win.

I don't mind receiving advice from my teamates. I even welcome their opinions. They told me that I need to be more agressive and cover more closely my man. When the ball goes in the corner, I must be the first one on the ball, and fight for it if the other guy got it. I need to stop this bad habit of just waiting to see what the other guy is gonna do. I must be on him, and put him out of the play. This will come when I am in better shape. It's easy for others to ask me to be more agressive, but if I'm out of breath or if my back or legs are tired, I can't do much more.

blues4life

Aug 13, 2005
my team is the shearwater flyers(im a first year bantam) and we played our first game tuesday and won 3-0.

we played at 9 am and lost 3-1

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
1 - 1 - 0 in our exhibition games. Our first game of the season is Wednesday. Today we had a practise. In the draft of players for houseleague teams I was 2nd. :) First year of actually playing hockey!

We started our first game and won 11 - 9. I'm the only guy that plays defense but whatever. 6 assists in this one. The goalie on the other end was horrible in the first (all 11) then played brilliant in the 2nd and 3rd. He robbed me of a sure goal, I got a cross crease pass for a empty net shot. I didn't waste time and let it go. It went up and ... his glove was there while the rest of his body was sprawled out. Robbed me.

Second game I was double shifted because one guy on our dressed for the other. He sucked and tripped me several times, once I fell on top of another kid. Now he's one our team. We lost this one 12 - 10 but I handed out 9 assists (including a nice pass when being checked by two guys), still no goals.

So far in exhibition, I have 2 games under my belt with 0 goals, and 12 assists.

This morning in practise we took shoot-outs, break-aways, 2 on 1s, 2 on 2, and 3 on 2s. On the shootouts I was 4/5 while nobody else scored. (he can only be beat 5-hole) So expect for me to gloat about our wins because of great goalie.

Edit:

Well I played my first ever real houseleague game, scored a goal and 4 assists.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
We are currently 6-0-1 and tied for first in our division with Arnprior who are also undefeated we have played really good this year we've beat some good teams but the only time we played Arnprior they were all over us and we were lucky to have came out of the game with a 4-4 tie, because they were winning 3-0 going into the 3rd we scored 4 goals in the final 10 minutes in the 3rd, I scored the goal that made it 4-3 with 50 something seconds left! but with like 20 seconds left in the 3rd we're still winning 4-3 I lost a BIG faceoff in our zone and the defencemen left a wrister go that handcuffed our goalie. :shakehead

Zetterberg4Captain*

We are currently 2-2-0 but I bet by the end of the season we will be in first because we can beat any team easily. I have switched to Defence from left wing because we are short and in 4 game I have 2 goals 0 assists and im +9! we won yesterday 8-2 and I had no points but was I +4. I have 2 penalties which beat last years already :) One for unsportsmanlike conduct and one for crosschecking both were undeserved IMO.

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
We are 1-1-0. It's our second season together, and we'll certainly do better as there are two individual teams in our divisions. As usual, individual teams do poorly. Our goalie improves each game, we make better passes, and we have a few new guys who added greatly to the value of our game. Also, it helps when you get those tall guys who, thanks to their long arms, are hard to get the ball away of them.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Nov 12, 2005
ON
8-1-0 minor midget, great team this year, first in league GF: 50+ GA: ~15

i've played scince i was six, and this is my first year forward. so far i have 4 goals, 4 assists (at least) and 2 PIM

Love Machine

Jan 1, 2003
Computer
Visit site
I play in a senior league in Maine, although I'm a Canadian myself. I am 19 and playing in my first year of hockey. My team is 5-0-1 so far, and in 6 games, I have 6 goals 8 assists for 14 points, and have been held pointless in my last 2 games. :rant:

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I play in a Jr A team we are 4-5 coming off a win against the 1st place team in the league...we were down 5-3 goin into the 3rd period and i scored 2 goals to force OT where we won! so far this year i have 7g and 4a for 11pt in 9 games...ehh not to bad for being held scoreless in 3 of those 9 games

knittingonskates

Apr 8, 2005
Qld, Australia
Just finished the season (Australian Inline ) topping out as the clubs best senior (open mens) and intermediate (16 and under) goal keeper and on both first teams (as in after all points these players make the best teams).

Now have to start training for the National AIHLA titles next year which i might be attending as an invite for the State Girls team. Ccan't wait for the season to begin!

Avery4Byng*

we are 2-6-2 in mens league. i have like 5 points in those games. totally shitting the bed so far this year.

buckyhockey8

Jun 13, 2005
Madison, WI
I play in adult rec. It's my first year playing on an organized team since I was 15. We are currently 1-6. And have been blown out in a number of games.

miatafreak

Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, WA
my teams record is 2-15. our best player busted his collar bone about a month ago. now im the team leader in scoring. I have 5 points, 3 assists and 2 goals. we suck but we are getting better. hopefully we will win our double header on sunday.

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
Just came back from a crushing loss to UC Riverside. They scored in the last minute of the game, giving them a 5-4 win. I did okay, I was a little rusty after not playing for a week but I managed to get back into form in the second. It was a chippy game, with UCR getting away with alot of slashing and cross checking calls. We really need to beat UC Irvine next week, we're 2-2 right now, we tend to do a little better when we're above .500.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
My team got our first win (4-1) last night; we're now 1-1-2. No points for me (RD) but I've made a number of really good defensive plays and nearly got a goal and/or an assist off a deflection last night--sadly, both missed the goal by inches.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Finished as the top team in the league

36 wins, 8 losses, 7 ties

We are currently in the league championship series with a 3-2 series lead.

I finished the season with 64 goals and 13 assists for 77 points, I dont really like to pass most of my assists come off rebounds. The funny thing is that i am the captian of the team and my line has another guy like me who doesnt pass, and the LW guy passes all the time, he racked up 82 assists this season with 14 goals.

In the playoffs i have 22 goals 1 assist in 13 games, my RW has 17 goals 0 assists in 13 games, and the LW has 2 goals 36 assists in 13 games.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
We finally got over .500 (3-2-3) with a win Saturday.

First game this season that things got a little out of hand. This team had come back to tie the game with 1.5 seconds left last time we played them, so when we got up 3-1 we tried to shut them down. That was probably a mistake; they started pressing and got a goal to make it 3-2. With about 40 seconds left they took a penalty, then pulled their goalie. At about 10 seconds left, one of their forwards took a shot which our goalie covered; the forward slashed at the goalie's glove to try to knock the puck free, and the goalie slashed him across the chest in response. Things got kind of ugly, with three of their guys yelling and shoving. I didn't even think about it, I just ended up in the middle of the scrum somehow, trying to push two much bigger guys away from the goalie. :D Fortunately nothing really rough went down; the refs called two coincidental minors on each team.

After that, the timekeeper went to sleep and forgot to start the clock on the next faceoff, so we had to stand around for a couple of minutes while the refs discussed that. At one point one of the refs announced that the game was over, but they ended up deciding to play out the last 2.13 seconds. Unfortunately the timekeeper put 2 minutes and 13 seconds up on the clock, so the ref just counted 2 seconds in his head and ended the game.

So it was an exciting end to a pretty hard-played game. :D

Happy Pony

Jan 17, 2006
Columbus
In my first season of adult ice, having not played ice since I was 12, when I converted to roller because the cost was the same to play travel roller as house ice. We are playing in the middle of the three D leagues, the rink offers three D leagues a C2 (between d and c) four C leagues, a B league and an A league.

So far we are 4 games in and we are 3-1. We have given up 12 goals and scored 14 so you could say we are good at winning close games. We started out with 3-2 win, followed by a 4-3 loss the next week. However the last 2 weeks we have won games by scores or 5-4 and 3-2. Currently we are in third place in our league behind two undefeated teams. One team has scored 33 goals and given up only 6 in their four games and the other has 15 goals for and 6 against. Coming up this week we play the Vixens, a team that is made up of mostly females and is in last place with a record of 1-3 (last week they lost 7-1) so we are looking to improve to 4-1 for the season.

Personally I am doing well back on the ice. I got my first point with an assist in our second game and added a goal and an assist in our third game, including the eventual winner. In our last game I scored the 2nd goal on a shorthanded breakaway after the puck got away from one of their defenseman during a powerplay. I then assisted on the game winning third goal. I also added two penalties, one was a tripping call, went down to block a point shot and as the defender side stepped I swung my stick along the ice in an effort to disconnect the puck and his stick but took out his feet instead. The second penalty was late in the game when backchecking on a 2 on 2 and our goalie made the pad save then covered the puck and as their winger went by he took a nice hack at our goalie and our d-man sent this guy into the boards and was skating away when the guy decided to go after him so I am holding this guy back and basically everyone on the ice ends up behind our net in a scrum, nothing but words being exchanged as gentleman take out some workplace induced frustrations :madfire: . Well the genius who was hacking at our goalie decides to tell me to **** off and tried to spit at me, but ended up with a nice big loogey on his half shield (not sure how he managed that one :confused: ) so I gave the guy a nice facewash and the ref flips out and gives me two minutes for roughing saying I started it all when I was attempting to diffuse the situation the whole time. Either way we ended up hanging on for the victory.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I haven't played since January, when the first half intramural ball hockey at my university ended. I was something like 9 GP, 0 G, 0 A, +22 as a blueliner. I wasn't on the court for a goal against until the last two games of the playoffs.

My brother plays Peewee C.

Preseason: 3 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 2 Pts, 7 PIM
Regular season: 9 GP, 8 G, 0 A, 8 Pts, 16 PIM
Playoffs: 2 GP, 3 G, 0 A, 3 Pts, 6 PIM

Team lead in bold.

The funny thing is, he was playing defense until about 4 games into the regular season, when his coach moved him up to LW. He proceeded to bag those 8 goals in a stretch of three games (3 G, 2 G, 3 G) and was then held scoreless over the final two games of the season before again going on a tear in the playoffs.

This was his 3rd year in hockey. In his second year, he set a team record for assists by a defenseman (25). Next season, he's moving up to Bantam. Due to low enrollment in our town, there are only two Bantam clubs- a AA and a B. He's been working hard since hockey's ended, and I really think he stands a shot at making the AA team. He's big, absolutely vicious (as his penalty totals indicate :)), and has one hell of a slapper. But his best asset is his creativity.

A couple shifts into his first game as a forward, his team had the puck in their end on a draw. The centreman won it, my brother scooped up the puck, and proceeded to fight through first one hit, and then another along the right boards before getting away just inside the blueline. The goalie bit on a backhand deke, went down, and watched as my brother calmly walked around the back of the net and deposited the biscuit into the empty basket.

His second of the day was almost as beautiful. All alone in the slot with the puck on his stick. Deke to the left, deke to the right, pass off his skate, shelf.

In warmups over the last few games of the year, he could be seen practicing the Malik move. He's still a little sloppy at it, but give him the summer. I can't wait to see what he does next year. :)

mikro112

Aug 8, 2006
My team and I had a friendly game on Friday night and we won 10-6. But nearly half of our team was floating around during the game. :banghead: It was our first game after the summer break, so we didn't play very well.
I scored 7 goals... :) I'm pretty happy with that... :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->