How You/Your Team Did Thread

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
my intramural sucked the hind teet this year...what a joke that was. this year i put together a team which is looking better and i'm playin with my buddies in another league thats gunna be solid. im tryin out for varsity next year tho

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
the season for the adult c/d league i just joined starts in two weeks. i've been playing only pick-ups lately but one of the coaches said i'm a good two way player and asked me if i wanted to play. he said he might play me either right wing or defenseman. i can't wait.

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
My ball hockey team did not make the playoffs the first season a year ago. Today we're second of the division with only one loss in nine games! :banana: I hope at least to go to the finals!!! :yo:

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
Well, we finished first, and that happened tonight. I look forward to getting my first trophy ever. It may be my last one, too! :sarcasm: :biglaugh:

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
First game of the season was tonight. We won 3-0. Really good skate,our defense was solid and we scored some timely goals. One of our centers kept taking penalties but we were 3 for 3 on the penalty kill and he kinda redeemed himself when he scored the 3rd goal (PP).

I wasn't happy with the way I started the game, skated kinda sloppy and was playing too deep on defense (I'm right wing) cause I didn't want them to center the puck. Eventually, I settled down and started agressively guarding the points which help kill the penalities and actually had a few scoring chances later in the game.

2x4*

Well since this thread is for gloating.... :p:

---------------------------------

Started playing in 1998-1999
Stopped playing 2003-2004

1998-1999 Squirt AHA Champions

2000 Buffalo Wings RHL 2nd Place

2001-2002 Pee Wee Champions (Captain)

2001-2002 WNY PeeWee select champions

2002-2003 South Buffalo Classic 2nd Place

2002-2003 WNY Bantam select champions

2002-2003 AHA Sportmanship Award

03-04 I played in a WNY Midget league. Our team was bad, and I played out of my element that season. I have played Defense my whole hockey career and I played RW that season :banghead: You could tell because I had no clue on positioning etc, and I was the 1st forward to backcheck and the last in the attacking zone. Just used to defense!

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
Well since this thread is for gloating.... :p:

Yeah, doesn't anybody play on bad teams anymore?
This is my first season playing in a league -- I've only played in pickup games before. We're 0-2 so far. I'm playing defense and I'm a -4. We definitely need to create more offense because only one guy on our team has scored any goals. It's a great bunch of people, though, and I just got my uniform :yo: so I'm pretty happy despite our record.

Tbone54

Jul 3, 2006
Im on a bad team also... we suffered a huge 9-0 Loss, First game of the season just seemed like we were all playing diffrent games no real team work...

I ended up with a -2 rating in the game and hit the post twice... hopefully we can get it going...

2x4*

yes my last two years playing I was on 2 different teams that went like 4-20 :yo:

Tbone54

Jul 3, 2006
managed to right our wrong from the 9-0 Loss.

Won 9-2 last night. Looks like the season is back on track.

Ended up with 3 goals 2 assists and +5.

2x4*

Teams 1st game, just a scrimmage at 9am :shakehead
We were up 1-0 against the best team in the league until about 7 mins left in the 3rd. They went Sabres on our *** and won the game 3-1. They took advantage of our penalties, and scored to goals 5 on 3 and 5 on 4.

I did ok... 1st real game in 3 years. I had a nice scoring chance but missed the net. Also I almost got a little break away, I decked this kid open ice and woulda had about a 10 foot break away but the puck went a little too fast and the goalie got it.

Goalie kept us in the game, but overall not a bad team effort for our 1st time playing together. The team we faced has been playing for a month or two now.

Id also like to note that I was even on the night!

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I've been everywhere this year. I stared the year in the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League (KIJHL) with the Kamloops Storm and played in 8 games with them before being moved to the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League (VIJHL) where I played 13 Games and had 1 Goal accompanying 11 Assists and 59 Penalty minutes. I've decided to go home and focus on work and am back at home right now trying to find a local team to play for which is probably the best of all three BC Junior B Leagues. I'm currently practicing with the Abbotsford Pilots of the Pacific International Junior Hockey League (PIJHL), and am hoping to play for them by the start of the next weekend.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Our 7th game of the season was tonight. 3-3 tie, although it could've gone either way. I scored the first goal and was robbed on 2 breakaway chances, the center on my line had the second goal and was also stopped on a breakaway.

I felt we should have won this one. We were down 2-1 in the second,and eventually made it 3-2, then had a two man advantage that we didn't capitalize on, my line had 7 short-handed shots on goal and they still managed to tie it with 3 minutes left in the third. We are now 3-1-3 and in 2nd place. I can't wait for next weekend's game.

Niftygrl16

Dec 20, 2006
Rhode Island
We were a new team to the league three years ago. I didn't play the first season but they went winless. Last season we were a .500 hockey team, and this season we are at the halfway point and solidly in second place. We have never beaten the first place team (they win every year) but we only lost by 1 goal the last three times we played them.

We have one more chance to beat them and God I hope we do it!!!:banghead:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last night we were playing the best team in the leage, they had a 9-1-1 record to go against our 6-5-1. We skated hard with them all night; it was tied 5-5 in the 3rd, and i had 1 goal and 3 assists to go with it. With 11 seconds left in the damn game, I got a penalty shot. Went for the deke to the backhand and just couldn't get enough lift on it. Went into the goalie's pad, game ended in a 5-5 tie. That's gonna haunt me.

~Canucklehead~

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Just found this thread.
Last season my team won the local rec league Championship.
This season we went 1-5 in the regular sesason and 2-0 in the playoffs to win it again.
I had 5 goals 6 assists with two in the finals including the GWG in OT. League starts again tonight hopefully we can get 3 championships under our belt.

WashCapsfan4life8

Jan 4, 2007
Virginia
Well last year, my season ended 2 games before the season actually ended, i got suspended from the league for the rest of the season but i can return next season, long story, tell me if u want to hear it, but i hit the ref so the league suspended me til next season, i ended that season with 20 G, 10 A 30 Pts 16 PIM in 25 Games Played. The year before that my team won the championship. season we were 19-5-3 and I had 17 G 12 A 29 Pts 12 PIM and in the playoffs we were 4-0-0, in our league its only 1 game not best out of 3 or watever. I had 5 G 4 A 9 Pts 2 PIM

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
About halfway through the season, we are 4th out of 6 teams, but we've been playing well as of late.

Tonight we had 2 games, back to back, 8pm and 9pm. We took the first game 3-2, and it was against the 2nd place team. In our second game, we won 4-2. We scored 3 goals within the first 5 minutes. We're lucky we built up a lead early because we were all just dead. There were only 4 defence and 6 forwards, and our goalie stood on his head.

I finished the night with 3 goals, 3 assists, 2 pims, and +3.

I was playing a level up from what I usually play on Monday night, when the rep team called me up. Much, much faster pace, and it was really noticeable. Probabbly one of the reasons I had a decent 2 games.

Johl_19

Nov 5, 2006
6-3 Win

1 goal 1 assist

Played pretty well, scored 5 goals in the 1st period, then let up a lot in the third and they almost came back.

RangerSteve

First inline game together as a team with some of my buddys. Some of which have NEVER played in a hockey game in their lives. We're up 7-4 going into the 3rd period, and end up losing 8-7 in OT with 20 seconds left. To say the least we had 4 Tom Poti's trying to be Bobby friggen Orr!:banghead: Defensemen were running around all night, forwards weren't covering the points. No way was this a loss where our goaltender played like crap.

I had 4 goals in the loss, but like most people I'd trade all of them in for a W.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
This is my first season playing ice hockey, we played our second-to-last game of the adult league regular season this past saturday night, and we beat the cop team 5-3 to claim 2nd place, (they've been the champs the past two seasons) we are now 6-4-3.

I had a hat trick (first ever) and I now lead my team in scoring with 14 goals, 8assists, 22 points (never thought that would happen).

BRONX_MADNESS*

Yeah we just got smoked 7-3 and now we're basically out of the playoff picture in our jr. B league unless we basically win out against the sickest teams in the league...I had 1 apple...

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
I'm on my high school's first team ever... and we recently beat a nationally ranked team 4-1. It was pretty sweet. Especially cause they smoked our rivals, another first year team, 23-0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad