How You/Your Team Did Thread

Mosetter27

What a great read this thread is!

Well, my team (logo is my avatar were the "Biscuit Snatchers") has not started up yet. Were a roller hockey team playing in NJ at the Flyers Skate Zone in Vorhees (the flyers practice facility). My team has yet to fully play in an organized game together but 8 out of 9 show up to open hockey weekly and we all seem to have a good feel for eachother. League starts January.. can't wait our jerseys come in this week...

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
We won our league's lower division championship this year!

We played three games in the playoffs:

1) The team we played in the quarterfinal round beat us by 1 or 2 goals earlier in the season. We had a barnburner this go-round, but we came out on top, 7-5. The other team said they'd always had fun playing against us, and they were rooting for us going forward. ('Cause we've never had success in the playoffs.)

Well, after the 1st round win, the captain of the team we'd play in the next round (Busch League) started bugging me about changing the date/time of our semifinal game. Apparently most of their team was going on a camping trip during the time it was originally scheduled. I said "Absolutely not. We're playing at the original date & time." He said "Fine, but you've gotta let me bring some players in." I said that was OK as long as said subs were on the league-approved list.

As background, we beat them in the regular season - came back from down 4 to win.

So game time rolls around, and guess what? Ringers! We end up on the losing end of the stick. My team thinks we're done, until the ref calls the captains to the scoring circle. I skate over and ask what's up. Ref says Busch League's DQ'd for using illegal players, and my team would play the next day against "CCCP" for all the marbles.

Naturally, the Busch League captain flips **** and gets in my face about it. I skate back to the locker room just in time to hear that we shouldn't be happy about playing tomorrow if we play like we did today tomorrow.

The championship game starts - Blackhawks vs CCCP. CCCP beat us handily in the first game - they have a girl on their team who tears it up for RIT's women's team. We strike first . . . . up 2-0 on them at halftime. Our goalie's standing on his head for us.

The second half starts, and they get a quick one . . . . score is now 2-1. A bit later, I'm bringing the ball into the zone and dump it into the corner. I'm hit way late . . . . stagger to my feet, and see the greatest sight I could have possibly seen:

The ref is standing 15' away from me, and he's got his arm in the air. Delayed penalty! For the first time, our goalie successfully got to the bench & we got the extra attacker out. I make a beeline for the net, where the ball is bouncing around in the low slot. I get a stick on it & get a shot off, which the goalie saves . . . . but the rebound goes right to a teammate, who pots it. 3-1 good guys.

CCCP gets another one, but it's not enough. 3-2 Blackhawks is your final score.
39902_585068900777_70605089_33275641_6372668_n.jpg

startainfection*

my high school hockey team is currently 0-10,
im the 3rd line center have 3 assists and a -3, my coach mainly uses me as a pest and occasionally on important face offs because no one else has any idea how to win one

the high-light of my season so far was laying a kid out when he was breaking out of his own zone, my winger was back checking hard and forcing him to the out side and i was the high guy, so i was infront of him driving him further wide and my dman was right behind me saying step up, he tries cutting to the middle i cut him off dropped my shoulder and he just fell so hard my dman picked up the puck, regrouped and we had a good chance on a 3 on 2 that ended up missing the net

GreatCanadian

Nov 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I am actually a little scared.

Our team is doing ok (8-8-2 record) but our regular goalie caught Mono and is out for 3 months. In other words, the rest of our season.

I split my time currently as a defenseman and winger on a game-per-game basis, and the backup goalie :help: .

Now, don't get me wrong, I have played goalie before (I have all the gear), but only occasionally as a backup, and only in a Rec League setting. This league is slightly more skilled (like, "A" travel team.. ish) and I havent been between the pipes in an actual game in a few years.

In fact, this would be the first time I am a team's regular goaltender in 13 years....

So, 8-8-2 record, and I will post updates to see how we do. We play the #2 team in the league on Jan 16, then the next game is against the worst team in the league.

*gulp*

GreatCanadian

Nov 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Well, each period is considered a game for us (there are so few games that those are the league rules).

This was how it boiled down. My first game as a goaltender in a long, long time...

1st period 0-0 tie :D
2nd period 2-1 win :D
3rd period 5-0 loss :S (we all got very tired and the other team just threw the kitchen sink at me/us)

So, 1-1-1 record so far. I can live with that!

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Had a great game tonight, our team has been pretty poor lately with most of our best players on vacation and what not so we were on a 5 game losing streak. To add on to that I had a pretty rough day at work so I wasn't even sure if I felt like playing hockey tonight but I'm glad I did.

First shift I get blindsided and the guys elbow glances off my visor and there is no penalty..we play in a no hitting league... I thought it was just going to be one of those nights that the refs don't call anything. We continue to play hard and I'm at the side of the net when a a shot from the point causes a rebound right by the goal line, I dove to try to put it in but the goalie got his stick across and made the save. Luckily my teammate was there to pop in the rebound. :yo:

So after the first its 2-0 and I have an assist. In the 2nd our offense pretty much disappeared and we allowed 3 goals so we went into the third down by one. It was a bit disheartening because we had lost so many games lately but we kept at it.

Early in the 3rd I get a pass in the slot and fired it top corner to tie the game. They pushed back but goalie made some good saves and the other forward line managed to get a goal as well so we were up 4-3. My next shift has one of our defensemen pinching in deep and I had to backcheck hard to cover him. I manged to strip their forward of the puck and knocked it back to the defenceman who cared it up the rest of the ice and roofed it. :handclap:. We end up getting 2 late goals from the other forward line as well to finally break out losing streak with a 7-3 win. A 3 point night is my season high because I played defense for most of the year so far.

The game brought my stats up to 21GP 3G 8A 11PTS. Nothing special but I haven't played hockey in 7 years so the begining of the year was just getting back into it. Since moving back up to forward 3 games ago I've hit 3 points and have 4 points so its not too bad at all. Thursday we play against the team that we are tied for last place with so it should be a good one. Hopefully I can keep up the production. :nod:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Just saw this thread and thought I'd share.

My inline league had our playoffs a couple weeks ago, all crammed into a day-long tournament style. We won it all as a 4-seed. There were teams in the division and all but 4 teams got a first-round bye.

For our opening game, we played the 5th seed and mercied them 12-2 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd. I had 6 goals and 1 assist.

An hour later in the next round we beat the 1-seed (largest goal differential) 4-3. I had 1 goal and 2 assists. Toughest team by far, which we expected.

An hour and a half later in the Finals, we met the reigning champs (lowest GA) and took them out 3-1. I had a goal and an assist in this one.

The team in the finals was basically full of hotshots with no major or smart team game. One dimensional, you know how it goes. Smart play and able talent will often prevail. In our previous meeting we embarrassed them 10-1, which was one of their only 2 losses (the other being to the team we took out in the prior round). They're faster than us so we let them wear themselves down by playing hard D, and next thing you know we're up 3-1 with about 3 minutes left. I'm glad to report that their star player, the top scorer from the season, was totally shut out in both of our games. From what I hear they challenged our roster in the Finals because it was apparently inconceivable that they could lose :lol: They must've forgotten the prior ass kicking we dished out.

So that season ended w/me leading my team in goals, assists, points, PP goals, and I led the playoffs in all goals/points.

Not bad for coming back to league play after a 10-year break and being the old **** on the team (29) :) I'm on the far left.

And going along w/the picture portion of the thread:

264984_1912842541905_1267140348_31810359_4395913_n.jpg

ErsG1

Jan 1, 2011
Had an inline tournament this week which was a state vs state competition. Team went 1-2-1 in round robin play and was seeded 5th. Lost 2-1 in the quarter finals. Dont understand how the team with the 2nd best goalie (statistically speaking) can do so bad.

BLBarmada

House league team here, were stacked on D, 5 of our 6 D can pot 10 goals, were shallow upfront, but I'm going to score 30 this year and carry the team so I'm not worried. But most nights were to grind it out, and I'm expecting lots of garbage goals, we have the best goalie in house so we'll do well.

1st is Saturday, can't wait to get going.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
After 41 straight losses our team won it's first game last night.

We play in a Hockey North America league, and the whole team was new and learned the sport together. While everybody starting new is a great bonding experience, it does put you at quite a disadvantage when you start, as you're playing against teams that were formed several years ago, and want to make sure you go through the same trials and tribulations they did when they started.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
My team just double our win total this weekend. Won both games so we're 4-12-2. Bit of a difference since I've won the championship my past 3 out of 4 years and the year we didn't make the finals, we came in third and were one point out.

Today we faced the #1 team and believe it or not, we're second last (There's a team with one win). Anyways, to put it bluntly, my coach is a total *********. Never gives good advice and just yells at you whenever you make a mistake instead of telling you what to do instead. He also has benched multiple kids, including his own son and has sent kids home due to mistakes that were not game breaking. This is house league by the way.

Anyways, we had 10 players this game (More than than what we usually have which is the minimum). It was pretty back and forth with chances both ways. Finally, the other team scored in the 2nd. We answer right back to make it 1-1. At this point the coach is pretty much insane as he demands perfection. We get caught pinching and they score on a break, 2-1. Midway through the 3rd we crashed their net and the puck bounced to my stick and I lifted it up past the goalie and it hit under the cross bar and went in. I had some friends on the other team so I swept the ice for a celebration for fun. The coach was happy for once but quickly realized it was 2-2 with 2 minutes left. Now we're playing out of our minds somehow. Our team is pretty bad but we just want to have fun and play hockey (Coach will have none of that). He calls a timeout and yells at us in an attempt to "inspire" us to win the game. His son takes a penalty a few seconds later and needless to say the dad did have a few choice words and didn't play him for the time that was left when he came out.

Its 2-2, we're short handed and they get a break. Goalie stops it. 10 seconds later they get another break, miss the net. About 20 seconds later I throw the puck up the boards just trying to ice it and luckily one of my players is there. He goes on a break and scores with 28.4 seconds left. 3-2. After we missed an open net, their best player gets a breakaway with 10 seconds left (Penalty is over by this point). He shoots it, hits the bottom of the crossbar, hits the back of the goalie and just when its about to trickle across the line my player and one of their players get tied up and collide into the net, knocking it off for no goal. We hung on for the 3-2 victory and were pretty happy. First time I've ever seen the coach smile.

Sad thing is, we probably just used up the rest of our wins for the season in just this weekend lol.

Trevor3

Nov 16, 2010
Stephenville - YJT
This season the Stephenville Junior Jets finished with a 4-14-1 record, for intents and purposes, a mirror record of last season's 4-15. The bright side is that 6 games were 1-goal losses, and another 2 were 2-goal differentials, which is a huge step up from the previous season when most losses were by a margin of 5 or more, uncluding a couple of 18-1 losses.

We also unveiled our new uniforms at the end of last season, which turned out to be the same colours as the Winnipeg Jets. Ours were unveiled in March though, so we were original.:nod: Probably the biggest plus was on the corporate support side of the equation. This season we had 23 businesses step up to sponsor the club. With their donations they get jersey ad, featured on our website, and are added on our sign at the main entrance to the stadium.

Our coach resigned at the end of the playoffs, so it remains to be seen who will be taking over and what kind of team will be iced next year. All I know is that I will no longer be part of the on ice team due to an unfortunate series of injuries and a need to focus on school work. Damn university courses don't pass themselves.

If anyone is interested check out our webiste http://www.stephenvillejuniorjets.tk - yeah .tk, it's a placeholder to judge how much traffic we generate. At the end of a 12 month period we'll re-evaluate and see if it's worth registering a domain and incurring the additional costs associated.

Trevor3

Nov 16, 2010
Stephenville - YJT
Nice jerseys! Any pics of dark ones?

Sadly no, we're still using our old dark set (St. Louis-Gretzky era) with a logo that is the same as Winnipeg's from the 80s, except "Stephenville" on the inset of the circle. Hopefully the darks will be in use next year. You can kind of see those here:

http://http://www.pointstreaksites.com/img/news_article_images/702/21078.jpg - The team was once known as the Red Wings, and had a black set of uniforms, hence the black socks we wore for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->