Pre-Game Talk: How Would You Like To See The Blues Use Their Three 1's?

How Do You Want The Blues To Handle Their Three 1st Round Picks?

• Restock the pipeline - make selections at 10, 25, and 29

• Make a pick at 10, trade 25 + 29 for immediate help

• Trade all 3 picks to move up as high as they can

• Make picks 10 and 25, trade back from 29 (see OP)

• Make a pick at 10, trade 25 + 29 to move up as high as possible

• Other (what?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Yeah no shit Pagnotta. We’ve been hearing that the blues have been willing to trade the later first round picks for a billion years. I swear this guys is either always late to the party with info or makes up random shit
I mean, it's one of 4 separate pieces of info in a single tweet and he used the word 'continue' to signal that it isn't new info. I'm not going to be hard on a guy for that.

The Washington info is interesting. Up until a few days ago the narrative had been that Michkov's stock was falling and a bunch of people were speculating that he'd make it to Washington at 8. That seems to be changing and I'm guessing Washington is getting nervous.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I think there are going to be really good players potentially available in the late teens. I’d definitely be looking to trade up if I could get a guy like Ritchie or maybe even a Simashev or Musty.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I have read some speculation that Capitals want Michkov and Michkov wants the Capitals. Both want him as Ovi 2.0. Supposedly Michkov is refusing to speak with teams and scouts to tank his draft value down to 8. Maybe he hasn't tanked it far enough? Or maybe the speculation is BS and tey are trading up in hopes to grab Leonard.

Yeah no shit Pagnotta. We’ve been hearing that the blues have been willing to trade the later first round picks for a billion years. I swear this guys is either always late to the party with info or makes up random shit

That seems harsh. We've heard about what the Blues are doing because we are Blues fans hyper focused on the Blues. In a rundown of teams looking to move picks it makes sense for someone geared to a national audience to mention us.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I have read some speculation that Capitals want Michkov and Michkov wants the Capitals. Both want him as Ovi 2.0. Supposedly Michkov is refusing to speak with teams and scouts to tank his draft value down to 8. Maybe he hasn't tanked it far enough? Or maybe the speculation is BS and tey are trading up in hopes to grab Leonard.
my 2-part theory is 1, that caps do want michkov and have been feeding this misinformation out there. And 2, flyers know this so they’ve been hinting they will take him so caps trade up and allow someone flyers prefer (Leonard?) to fall to them.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’d rather sign Sunny and bring up Dean as 3C and make all 3 picks. I also have no interest in trading Snuggs or Bolduc. Let’s build this thing from within. We have some really nice pieces to build on.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I’d rather sign Sunny and bring up Dean as 3C and make all 3 picks. I also have no interest in trading Snuggs or Bolduc. Let’s build this thing from within. We have some really nice pieces to build on.
I'm with this but I feel like we're going to package the picks and some pieces and trade into a retool. If we do it right and get some of the folks mentioned in this thread, it'll force the window back open.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad