How would you feel about a Wild/Jackets SCF?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A Cup final with new teams is always fun. Both teams play great hockey, with a lot of underrated players contributing.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would laugh at all the crying done by certain posters who couldn't bare to see Columbus or Minnesota (or both) in the Final. It would be amazing just because of that.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008

Blue Jackets, while obviously talented, lack the star power.

The Wild may be the most boring team to watch in the last decade. Reminds me of the Devils in the decade before that.

Overall not much star power on either side to gather interest outside of us hf diehards and the local cities. Would be terrible for ratings.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
This boring thing is a trope regurgitated by a lazy hockey media that barely watches the Wild. It is especially a go to notion in media of the Canadian cities that used to be in the Northwest. Hockey fans who don't watch much beyond their own team lap it up without much critical thought. If you think the Wild are boring then you think hockey is boring, because the Wild don't play much differently than any other good team in the league. There are some teams that really struggle against the Wild. For example, one of the reasons Edmonton fans are constantly calling them boring is because we consistently shut their team down and have for a decade. That isn't boring, its getting beat.

The New Jersey references are telling. Minnesota hasn't played like that in a while.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
That would be awful. I'd like to see at least one Canadian team or a big market team in the finals (hawks, rangers, pens, etc.).

I probably would still watch a game or two, but if I'm being perfectly honest, I wouldn't be happy with the matchup.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Minnesota is a big hockey market.

Ohio has big potential as a hockey market.

Some of the teams you consider big market are only big market because they are long term contenders. Believe it or not the Jackets actually outdrew the Penguins until Crosby arrived.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Blue Jackets, while obviously talented, lack the star power.

The Wild may be the most boring team to watch in the last decade. Reminds me of the Devils in the decade before that.

Overall not much star power on either side to gather interest outside of us hf diehards and the local cities. Would be terrible for ratings.

The playoffs is where stars are created (in the States). No schmuck would tune in to see Jonathan "Toes" if he didn't have playoff branding behind him.

The top pair for Team USA for the next 15 years could be Zach Werenski and Seth Jones. That's a story.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Any combination of 2 teams that haven't been there lately(or ever, as the case may be) would be fantastic.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH

Some of the teams you consider big market are only big market because they are long term contenders. Believe it or not the Jackets actually outdrew the Penguins until Crosby arrived.

IIRC, we outdrew them the first 2 years they had Crosby as well

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
The Central isn't amazing anymore but the Wild are a mediocre team propped up by fantastic, unsustainable goaltending right now. They're not a better team than Nashville and St. Louis and will very likely lose to either of them in the playoffs.

This is a great point. Dubnyk is so good he has lead them in scoring and is a big reason they're 4th in the league in scoring.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Two teams that have never been there before would be more intriguing to me
I'd much rather watch MN v. COL than, for example, Pens v. Chicago

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I love how everyone still thinks the Wild are boring, I bet a majotrity dont know the Wild are 4th in the league in goals

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Ohio has SEVEN MILLION people and one NHL team. Sleeping giant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad