How would you feel about a Wild/Jackets SCF?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I love how everyone still thinks the Wild are boring, I bet a majotrity dont know the Wild are 4th in the league in goals

And Columbus is #1 in goals, yet everyone only talks about Bobrovsky. Regarding no star power, last I checked, it's still a TEAM game.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Won't happen, but it would be a nice story. But unfortunately, outside of Minnesota and Ohio, no one would care. I'm talking a ratings disaster.

hossua34

Mutt
Apr 7, 2003
Irvine, CA
Ohio has SEVEN MILLION people and one NHL team. Sleeping giant.

The only problem with that is Ohio's proximity to the Penguins, Red Wings, and Blackhawks. There are a lot of hockey fans in Ohio who couldn't care less about the Jackets (although I'm guessing they would still tune in for the novelty value).

hossua34

Mutt
Apr 7, 2003
Irvine, CA
I would be ok with it.

It would give me an early start on my golf game as I wouldn't be watching the finals.

It's ironic to see so much antipathy from people who most likely consider themselves to be "die hard" hockey fans. If that's your opinion, well alright... But you better not have held it against anyone when they didn't tune in for your Oilers against the Hurricanes.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
The Twin Cities are nearly twice the size of Pittsburgh, and have some of the deepest hockey roots in the US, and yet somehow Pittsburgh is a a big market and we aren't.:shakehead

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
it would honestly mean no more or no less to me than Kings-Devils or Sharks-Pens.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Ohio has SEVEN MILLION people and one NHL team. Sleeping giant.

11.5 Million, actually, Lee... Or, about the same population as Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan combined.

Ohio is the 7th most populous state in the United States. Illinois and Texas are the only states with more residents and only one NHL team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think it being a good or bad final depends on who plays. It depends on if the games are close and we see a lot of exciting final minutes, with possibly overtime and a game 7 where both teams have a chance to win.

In 2014, the Kings and Rangers played, the 2 biggest markets in the US. Was it exciting? I don't think for the neutral fan it was any more exciting than the 2004 final or the 2006 final

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Would personally love it. Need some new blood in there instead of the same big market American teams over and over again. Both teams are high scoring this year too and one franchise would be getting its first cup.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Think it would be great, nit good for rating but if they play in the finals like they are at the moment, would make for a great finals.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
11.5 Million, actually, Lee... Or, about the same population as Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan combined.

Ohio is the 7th most populous state in the United States. Illinois and Texas are the only states with more residents and only one NHL team.

Another way to put it - Ohio is almost as big as Ontario, directly south of it, and is also cold as ****. You'd think people would clue in about the potential - instead you get "green acres" and "sunbelt" comments.

The only problem with that is Ohio's proximity to the Penguins, Red Wings, and Blackhawks. There are a lot of hockey fans in Ohio who couldn't care less about the Jackets (although I'm guessing they would still tune in for the novelty value).

If they live in Ohio and aren't a Jackets fan yet, I'd bet it has something to do with the team being brutal for 15 years. Send the team to the finals and things start changing.

The Twin Cities are nearly twice the size of Pittsburgh, and have some of the deepest hockey roots in the US, and yet somehow Pittsburgh is a a big market and we aren't.:shakehead

Pittsburgh couldn't fill half their arena when they didn't have Mario or Crosby leading the show.

it would honestly mean no more or no less to me than Kings-Devils or Sharks-Pens.

There's a lot more hockey fans in Minnesota and Ohio than there are in those places.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: