How will you feel if Washington wins the #1 pick in 2012, with the pick from Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Litscher

May 24, 2010
Sorry i just feel the need to bump this post again. And he's a color for the WHL? This post has skyrocketed to one of the dumbest posts I've seen in my life. Players who haven't played a single NHL game are "likely" to be explosive offensive juggernauts. Stefan Elliot who hasnt even played an NHL game, or heck a single AHL game is "likely" to be a top 10 offensive defenseman in the NHL. This guy is so out to lunch.

You know he's not talking about next year, right? He's talking 5-10 year's down the road.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Is Elliot scoring 40-50 points that unlikely. He's not saying next season as a rookie.... What is so unbelievable about Elliot scoring this many points? :help:

How in the hell does someone who has not played a single game in the NHL or AHL and isn't a sure fire prospect likely to put up such ridiculous numbers? Only 9 defenseman has gotten 50+ points this year. What is so unbelivable about Elliot scoring this many points? Let me ask you a question, what is so believable about Elliot scoring this many points? He hasn't done squat in the upper tier leagues and he isn't a surefire prospect like Tavares or Stamkos. Kevin Connauton scored over a PPG last year in the WHL and now he has terrible stats in the AHL and has been pretty much written off by many Canuck fans.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
You know he's not talking about next year, right? He's talking 5-10 year's down the road.

Yes. I realized that. It is still absurd to do such a thing. Elliot hasn't played a single NHL or AHL game and you claim him to be a top 15/10 offensive defenseman in the future? I never knew Elliot was the next Doughty.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
How in the hell does someone who has not played a single game in the NHL or AHL and isn't a sure fire prospect likely to put up such ridiculous numbers? Only 9 defenseman has gotten 50+ points this year. What is so unbelivable about Elliot scoring this many points? Let me ask you a question, what is so believable about Elliot scoring this many points? He hasn't done squat in the upper tier leagues and he isn't a surefire prospect like Tavares or Stamkos. Kevin Connauton scored over a PPG last year in the WHL and now he has terrible stats in the AHL and has been pretty much written off by many Canuck fans.

Theres no point. They are arguing all their fringe prospects will suddenly become star players. They are arguing varlamov is the second coming of roy. You cant do anything but roll your eyes.

Cooperman

Aug 25, 2007
Quebec City
I know it's a long time until the 2012 NHL Draft Lottery, but assuming the Avalanche are one of the bottom 5 teams next season and end up with the worst record, how would you feel about Washington possibly getting the #1 overall pick in the 2012 NHL Draft? They are already a deep team who should be making a serious run for the Stanley Cup and possibly getting lucky with another great player in the draft.

I will feel like a guy who wins 30 millions $ at the lottery, without buying a ticket, the ticket was just there on the ground, you know.

Then, I take my car, push on a special button and take off like in the movie, E.T., and drive to the moon, have a great party on the moon, although I forgot the equipment that gives me oxygen and drive back to the earth in time for my favourite show, Jerry Springer.

In a word, I'll feel like some people on this board, living in a virtual world, in my head, and be a happy camper.

Last edited:

Christian Litscher

May 24, 2010
Nashville has Pekka Rinne. The same guy who almost single handedly carried them to the 3rd round of the NHL playoffs.

Anaheim has RPG, Selanne, the top offensive dmen of the year in Visnovsky and a young and rising Cam Fowler who hit 40 points in his rookie year. Not to mention they have a solid goalie in Jonas Hiller. With the offense and goaltending they have they are good bet for the playoffs.

Rangers have Lundqvist. It takes more than a good goalie. They have an elite defense and goalie, but question marks on offence. I wouldn't guarantee them a playoff spot.

Anaheim has 3 elite players but lacks depth. I find it hard it hard to believe Selanne repeats the year he had. They will be competitive, but again I wouldn't guarantee a playoff spot.

All in all, my point is it is a new year. Looking at last year's results isn't the best way to predict. The west is so competitive that all teams have a chance.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
HORRIFIC trade for Colorado, but why does everyone think they're going to be so bad? I think they're a bubble playoff team in the West.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
I will feel like a guy who wins 30 millions $ at the lottery, without buying a ticket, the ticket was just there on the ground, you know.

Then, I take my car, push on a special button and take off like in the movie E.T., and drive to the moon, have a great party on the moon, although I forgot the equipment who gives me oxygen and drove back to the earth in time for my favourite show, Jerry Springer.

In a word, I'll feel like some people on this board, living in a virtual world, in my head, and be a happy camper.

Hooray back on topic

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Yes. I realized that. It is still absurd to do such a thing. Elliot hasn't played a single NHL or AHL game and you claim him to be a top 15/10 offensive defenseman in the future? I never knew Elliot was the next Doughty.

nope than we would say hes going to be a 60-70 point defensman, but coming from the guy who's seen him play 40 + games

iim likely to believe him, have read other scouting reports on how he will be mike greeen lite, so 50 points isnt out of the question.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Theres no point. They are arguing all their fringe prospects will suddenly become star players. They are arguing varlamov is the second coming of roy. You cant do anything but roll your eyes.

Good point. Even Canuck fans aren't as bad as that. That's like me saying Cody Hodgson and Nicklas Jensen are likely to be 60-70 point players when really they have as much of a chance as being a bust then even making it into the NHL. Prospects are prospects. Some bust some bloom. It's funny how he expects all their fringe prospects will become into impactful stars. That guy is up for some big disappointment.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011

Connauton scored 70% of points on the powerplay and many believe he is one dimensional. Elliot led the WHL for defensemen scoring and was defensemen of the year. He had 80 points. I don't see how it is unbelievable that he doesn't score 40-50 points. And please stop pulling this never played a single game in the NHL...

Christian Litscher

May 24, 2010

Saying he will be a 45 point dman =/= being the next Doughty. Have you seen him play? He watched Elliot every game he played last year.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
nope than we would say hes going to be a 60-70 point defensman, but coming from the guy who's seen him play 40 + games

iim likely to believe him, have read other scouting reports on how he will be mike greeen lite, so 50 points isnt out of the question.

It isn't out of the question, but to use a word such as likely throws your credibility out the window.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

so players dominating their respective junior league's or playing in the world junior's are now fringe prospects, thanks for the info

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Connauton scored 70% of points on the powerplay and many believe he is one dimensional. Elliot led the WHL for defensemen scoring and was defensemen of the year. He had 80 points. I don't see how it is unbelievable that he doesn't score 40-50 points. And please stop pulling this never played a single game in the NHL...

I never said it was unbelievable. He used the word "likely". That usually means a good 60-70% of something happening. He hasn't done squat in any upper tier leagues. I'm just going to leave it at that.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Rangers have Lundqvist. It takes more than a good goalie. They have an elite defense and goalie, but question marks on offence. I wouldn't guarantee them a playoff spot.

Anaheim has 3 elite players but lacks depth. I find it hard it hard to believe Selanne repeats the year he had. They will be competitive, but again I wouldn't guarantee a playoff spot.

All in all, my point is it is a new year. Looking at last year's results isn't the best way to predict. The west is so competitive that all teams have a chance.

Fair point.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
It isn't out of the question, but to use a word such as likely throws your credibility out the window.

ok so rnh is likely to put 80 points up in the nhl

if he doesnt all my credibility goes out the window? even before we've had a chance to see how well he plays.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
ok so rnh is likely to put 80 points up in the nhl

if he doesnt all my credibility goes out the window? even before we've had a chance to see how well he plays.

You are comparing a first overall sure fire prospect to someone that nobody knows outside of Av fans. Try again tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad