How Will The Team Respond Going Forward?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I don't always agree with you, but Babcock or Keefe, the ups and downs are too far apart to consider them not just a .500 team.
Well my good fellow poster . . . we look at their record . . . and that is

W 32 - L 23 - OTL 8

That's 32 wins and a total of 31 losses, a .500 team.

They do not have the consistency or the professionalism in them to do any better. Babcock, a top coach and career NHL hockey man, Babcock wanted them to be good pros, and they quit on him.

We should not be surprised.

:deadhorse

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
To be honest I care more about how they respond to a couple performances like that in a few years rather than this season.

The meteoric rise of the Leafs is a media driven narrative.

They must follow the same path that current contenders walked and stay the course.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Well my good fellow poster . . . we look at their record . . . and that is

W 32 - L 23 - OTL 8

That's 32 wins and a total of 31 losses, a .500 team.

They do not have the consistency or the professionalism in them to do any better. Babcock, a top coach and career NHL hockey man, Babcock wanted them to be good pros, and they quit on him.

We should not be surprised.

:deadhorse

I am too optimistic and naive to not be surprised. Afyer so many years, I cannot believe I still cling to such misguided hope.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I can see them beating Tampa and Florida and then losing 3 or 4 in a row. It really seems like the team needs a major shake up.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I am too optimistic and naive to not be surprised. Afyer so many years, I cannot believe I still cling to such misguided hope.
Don't give up hope man!

There is some real talent on this team.

It just has to be molded the right way. Look at Marner, he's kid a kid. He is an adolescent playing in a man's league. Generally speaking, we cannot count on a kid to be the main man. He's not a man, he's an immature kid.

They still have to build around the stars. To trade Kadri for Kerfoot, that's odd. Kerfoot, is he someone or something to build around the stars?

More Hyman is more like it. More Kapanen.

:thumbu:

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Who cares how they respond? This isn't a playoff team. They're not worth giving a shit about until some massive changes are made.

Marner is out there playing like he's still in the OHL, trying shit that will never work.

Nylander has gone full Tin Man, no heart, afraid of messing up his hair or getting too sweaty.

Dermott learned too much from Jake Gardiner.

Gauthier gets out muscled by people half his size.

Holl has checked out since he got his contract, ditto for Engvall.

Barrie is useless in his own end.

Malgin is useless everywhere. Ditto Kerfoot.

Marincin... Just... f*** that guy.

Andersen is full of holes.

The only ones with any willingness to grind it out are Matthews, Hyman, Muzzin and Tavares.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
A lot of words to the media and how they hate to dissapointing the fans and team mates and then repeat? A few word about work ethic thrown in there too. Has that not been their thing for a couple of years now?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Don't give up hope man!

There is some real talent on this team.

It just has to be molded the right way. Look at Marner, he's kid a kid. He is an adolescent playing in a man's league. Generally speaking, we cannot count on a kid to be the main man. He's not a man, he's an immature kid.

They still have to build around the stars. To trade Kadri for Kerfoot, that's odd. Kerfoot, is he someone or something to build around the stars?

More Hyman is more like it. More Kapanen.

:thumbu:

Luckily for me I am old enough to remember Yzerman and Sakic starting their careers. It took them awhile to mature and turn into complete players.

I still have hope for Marner and Mattews to become leaders.

Reactions: Polaris1010

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The Leafs play a truly solid, inspired 60 minute game about 4-5 times per year. I think they're on pace for, what, 2 more?

Reactions: Polaris1010

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
To answer this thread it really doesn’t matter because I don’t trust them.
They could come out with game of their lives again next game, but I’m pretty sure they will go back to this game/Pittsburgh debacles in short order.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
Feels like we ask this question every other game. They'll respond like they usually do, because this far into the season, this is what they are.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
This team is like dating a bipolar girl. You never know which ones going to show up at the start of the date and which one will be around by the end of the night. It can be fun and interesting for a while but it grows tiresome

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
With a complete, dominant performance.

Actually on second thought...

a tan and

giphy.gif

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Probably the angriest Dubas has looked at a game.

Something to look is if there will be a reactionary trade. Not that its in this front offices style....

Hoping he'll cave and move Barrie for futures.

But really from here you'll still see the same inconsistent efforts. World beaters one period, slugs the next.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
The big boys got paid this summer.

They have nothing else to play for except collecting their paycheques.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Probably the angriest Dubas has looked at a game.

Something to look is if there will be a reactionary trade. Not that its in this front offices style....
Good. Glad to see Dubas show angry emotion. The games is not played on some statistics spread sheet. It’s played on the ice, and with a lot of emotion. Maybe Dubas needs to get some emotion into his decisions?

Reactions: Cobra777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad