How Will The Team Respond Going Forward?

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Calling it now, I think we go on a tear.

No doubt, Saturday embarrassed the team to the core, 10 times the amount that Pittsburgh 1.0 was.

They know they have all the talent in the world, and now they know they have to work to get anywhere.

We're gonna roll into the playoffs hot and beat Boston.

doubt it. I can see them whimpering along at ~.500 to finish the season, maybe they get in if Florida is just as pathetic.

Tampa will obliterate and humiliate the Leafs (although is it even possible to humiliate the Leafs any more? What shame or honor is left?) and Florida will drive the nails in the coffin.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
doubt it. I can see them whimpering along at ~.500 to finish the season, maybe they get in if Florida is just as pathetic.

Tampa will obliterate and humiliate the Leafs (although is it even possible to humiliate the Leafs any more? What shame or honor is left?) and Florida will drive the nails in the coffin.

What he said.

I would rather see them tank.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Calling it now, I think we go on a tear.

No doubt, Saturday embarrassed the team to the core, 10 times the amount that Pittsburgh 1.0 was.

They know they have all the talent in the world, and now they know they have to work to get anywhere.

We're gonna roll into the playoffs hot and beat Boston.

If there ever was an epitome of a 'glass half full kind of guy,' you sir are it. Kudos.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
If there ever was an epitome of a 'glass half full kind of guy,' you sir are it. Kudos.
Im just thinking...when anyone gets greatly embarrassed to the degree the leafs got it on Saturday, they often get their crap together right away.

Hopefully the leafs do the same.

Mar 26, 2010
It is done, put a fork in it. There will be no response, this team is more interested in booking tee off times in Scottsdale Arizona.

From the looks of it, they do not want to make the playoffs. Looks like they want an early summer.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm used to this team being unpredictable but this year it's even more unpredictable than usual. So good luck y'all who want to go on record predicting whatever.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Like they have all season. Somedays they look like the best team in the league. Other days you get beat by a zamboni driver playing goal. The issues on the Leafs will be addressed after the season.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The Leafs are front-runners. BJ Penn in MMA was similar. When they are ahead they look great, but they cannot play as well from behind.

Lol pretty good analogy.

Leafs quit in that game like BJ quit on the stool against GSP the second time.

Reactions: mikeyz

Papa Cherry

Nov 20, 2011
They lose all confidence in scoring goals and get shutout by real goaltenders for the rest of the season.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
With more disappointment and no urgency. We’re well over 3/4 of the way through the season and they’re the exact same bunch of sucks as they were at the start. Why should we expect anything different?

tenor.gif

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
No big line changes at practice is just crazy... it’s not working anymore, they’ve tuned out... change something!!!

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
At some point after embarrassing themselves they will come out with a strong effort and follow that up with another embarrassing one. When is the nest Fla game- they like embarrassing themselves in those.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
At some point after embarrassing themselves they will come out with a strong effort and follow that up with another embarrassing one. When is the nest Fla game- they like embarrassing themselves in those.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
After the garbage that was displayed on Saturday night, the Leafs are pretenders.

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
After the garbage that was displayed on Saturday night, the Leafs are pretenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->