How to watch the Kings on TV this season

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
With all these national games this is the first time I've had to connect with VPN in a while. Chicago by the way was the successful city.

I totally forgot the Calgary game haha. I think we all wanted to forget that game but that was a quick and easy connection. Only to be punished by that horrendous first period.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
The good thing is that it's a consistently workable solution. It may not be for everyone, but with certain devices and services, it will work. It all just depends on your tolerance for inconvenience. I will never subscribe to cable again and am perfectly happy with YouTube TV. So, this is the solution for me, warts and all.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
The good thing is that it's a consistently workable solution. It may not be for everyone, but with certain devices and services, it will work. It all just depends on your tolerance for inconvenience. I will never subscribe to cable again and am perfectly happy with YouTube TV. So, this is the solution for me, warts and all.

Yeah, I'm really digging it so far. Even with the additional platforms, it's still (considerably!) cheaper than what we were paying for DirectTV Stream, and we get the added security of a VPN too. Bonus: I (generally) really like catching the opposing side's broadcast (even if Forsland consistently kept referring to Fiala as "the Kings' major free-agent signing" last night) - it definitely presents a different perspective, if not outright superior presentation(s).

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The reason it wasn't working for me earlier in the season is I forgot that resetting the app or whatever leads to the location tracking going back to default status which, of course, is "deny". Didn't matter that I was trying numerous different cities on the VPN since the ESPN app wasn't tracking the location.

I thought about that the other day last week, called myself a moron and then decided to give it a shot for the Vancouver game...worked on my second city choice.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
The reason it wasn't working for me earlier in the season is I forgot that resetting the app or whatever leads to the location tracking going back to default status which, of course, is "deny". Didn't matter that I was trying numerous different cities on the VPN since the ESPN app wasn't tracking the location.

I thought about that the other day last week, called myself a moron and then decided to give it a shot for the Vancouver game...worked on my second city choice.
Yeah, cyclones22's tips really helped me out getting this stuff figured out and seeing what I was doing wrong.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Yeah, cyclones22's tips really helped me out getting this stuff figured out and seeing what I was doing wrong.
It stopped working easily for me last year so I just used NHL66 on my Xbox instead of playing the VPN game. Since I hadn't tried it for awhile, I completely forgot about the app permissions. Kind of important haha.

Yes, C22 has been awesome on this.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Just trying to help my brothers out! I'm glad that it gives an option for those out there who do not want to subscribe to cable or some other service that has Bally's. And trust me every mistake that you all have made, I have made five times over haha. The location services getting reset to off that's bit me more than a handful of times. Anyway, glad to help out.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Tonight is a perfect example of when you can test a city on an earlier start Ducks game and if it works it will work for the Kings. San Francisco.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
I think I tried about 5 or 6 different cities before I got one to work. Before trying that last city, I changed the VPN protocol to UDP (from TCP). Coincidence? No idea, but it happened to work right after.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I think I tried about 5 or 6 different cities before I got one to work. Before trying that last city, I changed the VPN protocol to UDP (from TCP). Coincidence? No idea, but it happened to work right after.
It happens like that from time to time. I kind of go through the same routine. I think it's coincidence that when it works almost immediately, the Kings proceed to get their ass kicked that night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad